PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseating out of Bogota

spm
23rd Sep 2006, 14:21
Just wondering if anyone has jumpseated out of Bogota. Continental Airlines to be specific. We are on there list but I've only used them domestically and transborder from Canada. It has always been smooth but I'm worried the locals in Colombian at the check in might not be famialiar with the procedure or the additional security in Colombia may cause a problem.

I love Colombia so I'm hoping to be able to use Continental. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
SPM

Panama Jack
23rd Sep 2006, 15:22
I can not speak for certain on Colombia or Continental out of Colomia, but generally speaking, there is not much of a problem jumpseating out of Latin America.

In the past, if you showed up in uniform, you could accompany the flight deck crew right to the gate. This became more and more difficult in the past, and now I imagine it is not the likely scenario.

Normally, you will identify yourself at the Check-in counter as a jumpseater. Depending on what Continental's jumpseat policy is, the reps should be pretty switched on about this. Most likely, you will be given a boarding pass to get you past security. Good chance you will have to pay any local airport improvement fees, which can be quite expensive in Latin America (around $30 or so) just like any other PAX, but that's about it.

I suggest you check though through your jumpseat coordinator to ensure that Continental's jumpseat policy still allows international jumpseating. Getting an ID90 or ZED (which are fully refundable) just in case you get stuck is a wise insurance policy.