PDA

View Full Version : Denim Air

ae757
23rd Sep 2006, 09:50
Hi FellowsĦĦĦ
I´ve been invited to attend an interview with Denim and I would like to know about pay,rostering and envoirenment.
Thank´s in advance

Liftdumper
23rd Sep 2006, 12:09
Unless you have a job: stay clear!!

Bad rosters, bad pay, always on tour.

Boomerang
23rd Sep 2006, 16:02
OK Lift Dumper, thanks for that constructive post.

ae 757,

You will work a 10 on, 5 off, 8 on, 4 off roster. At the moment everybody is working maximum hours, which under the dutch Work and Rest Regulations leave you pretty shagged at the end of a 10 day tour. This is due to phenomenal growth ath the moment in the Dash fleet, and the fact that there the crewing levels are slow to rise to the required level.

Pay as a new FO is pretty low, I believe around €1850 as a new FO. At the moment they are especially looking for people willing to be based in Spain. This saves hotel and travel costs, and also duty allowances. Be very clear what you will and won't get during the interview, and then when you get your employment contract, check that it matches.

Denim is hard work for not a phenomenal pay, but you work with some great guys in a less formal environment than a regional, even though you will be flying regional ops. You may also have a command before you know it IF you have the required experience.

You could also try a post on http://www.airwork.nl/bulletinboard/forumdisplay.php?f=27
if you can navigate the menus.

Perhaps others will provide you with their relevant experiences.

Good luck! :ok:

papazulu
23rd Sep 2006, 19:41
Spain...what a misfortune! Ok, I'll sacrifice myself for it...

Jokes apart, any minimum TT for FOs? and which kind of exp? TR a must, I suppose as in the website...

PZ :ok:

ae757
26th Sep 2006, 10:32
Boomerang,
Thank you very much indeed for the info,do u know how is the interview?,kind of questions?,any tips?.
How many f/o´s do they need?

CheersĦĦĦ

ICING AOA
27th Sep 2006, 07:53
Spain...what a misfortune! Ok, I'll sacrifice myself for it...

Jokes apart, any minimum TT for FOs? and which kind of exp? TR a must, I suppose as in the website...

the spanish base is at Valencia and Palma. Denimair operates for air nostrum with air nostrum cabin crew.
It is true that salary is so bad ! moreover they ask you to pay for the dash 8 type rating and you sign the contract only after having completed the type rating at Madrid. They are not so friendly in the sim, and an ex B747 captain failed the type rating exam with them 2 months ago :eek:

Good luck

MD12
27th Sep 2006, 08:58
Hi,

Some of the things you said are completely untrue. Let me give you some real info:

- Bases in Spain are Barcelona, Palma and Valencia.
- Salary could be better, but you know it from the very first minute of the interview. No hidden surprises. Take it or leave it. Changes to come in the near future.
- Very friendly people at the sim, including CAE instructors, ANS instructors and of course DNM ones!
- The fact that you have flown a 747 doesn´t mean that you can pass every single TR course without studying or preparing any sim detail. If you do not perform ok, then you are screwed out: that's common sense and I know the captain you are talking about. All but him in his course passed the check at the first time (captains and first officers).
- As Boomerang said, you work with really nice people both in the cockpit and in the cabin (ANS cabin crews).

Good luck.

ICING AOA
27th Sep 2006, 09:58
- Salary could be better, but you know it from the very first minute of the interview. No hidden surprises. Take it or leave it. Changes to come in the near future.

same kind of crappy salary as Vueling, but flying a turboprop :uhoh:

For the base, they are not fixed. Denimair is going to have a contract in asia soon, and crews from all bases (dutch and spanish ones) will have to be sent there for a couple of weeks.
I thing a spanish FO failed as well at the sim 2 months ago!

But I agree with you, denimair is probably much better than Microsoft Flight simulator in your bedroom !:8

MD12
27th Sep 2006, 11:11
According to the things you know (or you think you know) you must be within DNM or close to. Am I right?

I guess you are one of the spanish guys that joined a couple of months ago.

Feel free to PM

ae757
27th Sep 2006, 12:03
Anybody knows how is the interview with them?,i´m a little bit afraid of what kind of questions are and how´s the enviorenment at the interview (i mean unfriendly,relaxed...).
Thank´s to all

PS:How many people do they need?

MD12
27th Sep 2006, 13:23
Where are you doing the interview? Are you dutch? Spanish?

ICING AOA
27th Sep 2006, 16:40
According to the things you know (or you think you know) you must be within DNM or close to. Am I right?

I guess you are one of the spanish guys that joined a couple of months ago.

Feel free to PM

No, sorry. I am not at denimair ! But I have some friends everywhere ! :)

flyburg
27th Sep 2006, 17:26
I can only say,

Friends don't let friends fly with denim air;)

Denim Air is a wet lease company. At the moment they are going through some hardship. The CLA isn't the greatest,work conditions are even worse as they are trying to survive. In the last year alone somewhere of 60-80 pilots have left!! They have contracts all over the world, a lot of flying but no QOL

Granted, the company is catching up to this trend and I believe they have proposed a wage increase to the union. Nevertheless work conditions are not the greatest as their primary concern is making money and not providing a great place to work.

Denim Air is a timebuilder!! period!! Those that think you can build a career there are wrong. As such you have to ask yourself: do I want to make the investment to build turboprop time while for the same investment you can get a job with,for example, vueling (also a ****ty company) and build jet time.

Ask yourself, you are a young guy, just out of flight training, you are starting your career and you have to build experience to get that great job at a major. Unfortunately to get that experience you have to invest. Are you going to spend your money at a turboprop company or a jet company? I would know the answer!

BTW I did work for Denim five years ago. In those days Denim was a lot better. Their primary contract was with ANS. Things have taken a turn for the worse since then. since the five years that I left only a handful of pilots that worked there in that period are still there!!

greetings

papazulu
27th Sep 2006, 20:47
Still no answer to questions but mostly money issues...Ok that's perhaps the most important bit but let's be a bit more informative otherwise it will be justr the usual tart...!

I'll post it again:

And if not TR as a must which conditions, price, places, holding pool and so on and on again....?

Take it or leave it is your choice, but if there is not offer then there is not choice ain't?

Wish U all the best

ae757
28th Sep 2006, 15:49
Where are you doing the interview? Are you dutch? Spanish?

I´m Spanish and I don´t have neither a date nor a place yet :ugh:
Any idea about how is the interview with them, any tricky questions? or is just a relaxed talk telling you how ´s the airline,what are expecting from you,pay,roostering,pay.......,any info will be helpful.
Any idea about how many crews do they need for the incoming months?

Thank´s to all:ok:

MD12
28th Sep 2006, 18:46
Keep relaxed. Friendly chat with the MFO and Training Manager. They will explain you how does the airline work, dates, conditions, training, rosters, salaries, etc.. Your english level is very important for them because of the multinational crews within Denim. All R/Ts in english, even if you are flying in Spain with a spanish captain.

Good luck, keep us updated.

dartagnan
28th Sep 2006, 22:37
DenimAir has to be very friendly TO YOU, cus you will pay big bucks TO THEM for the training!!!;)

and if they don't like you (or if you don't like THEM), go shop somewhere else!

MD12
29th Sep 2006, 09:12
Last guys to join DNM didn´t pay a single euro to Denim. They paid straight forward to the training provider.

Boomerang
29th Sep 2006, 10:00
Unforunately I can only speak for myself re: the interview. I was required to do the basic PICAMAS selection for which you fork out 1,500 euro up front. If you don´t make it, then the money is refunded. I believe some people have not had to go through this selction. My interview lasted about 5 minutes, I guess because I wore a nice suit ;) no I had quite a bit of Dash 8 experience and this helped I guess. I am Dutch and English is my native language, so no problems there. The majority of the interview was spent discussing the typoe of operations Denim flies and if I thought it would suit me.

Other guys (Spanish newbies with approx 250 TT) have had totally different interviews, and much longer, maybe one of them can provide you with the lowdown.

However I gather from everyone that it is quite relaxed. It´s not the Spanish Inquistition (no pun intended ;) )

It´s not all roses, flyburg has some valid points. If you have the option of a jet, sure take it!! If you don´t and want hours and are prepared to fork out a huge sum for a Dash TR, then maybe it´s for you.

Good luck

wilcoluca
29th Sep 2006, 11:30
Can anyone confirm DNM is actually looking for First Officer?

ICING AOA
29th Sep 2006, 13:43

yes, they are looking for smily slaves !:ooh:

Denimair doesnt use vaseline !!!

MD12
29th Sep 2006, 18:17
That's completely untrue.

international hog driver
29th Sep 2006, 21:03
Whats untrue?

That they are looking for pilots....

or

they dont use vaseline!!!

I believe both :}

ae757
29th Sep 2006, 22:20
Boomerang&MD12,

Thank´s a lot for the info.

I´ll keep you all informed,I promise:ok:

Greetings

papazulu
2nd Oct 2006, 08:03

Yes, but Senior folks. Word's from horse mouth...:{

Bye

Full hope
7th Oct 2006, 12:23
So...

How was the interview?

JA841B
24th Jun 2008, 10:06
I was told in my interview I am hired for Spain and nothing else. After 8 month being with Denim I found myself in Nigeria. Not a good place at all. As Denim is an ACMI-Operator be aware you possibly will find yourself in any part of the world in the worst areas!!!! The Nigeria issue finally made me resigning.:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh: