No soup for you!

con-pilot
23rd Sep 2006, 00:38
The last one.:uhoh:

(covering head from incoming comments.)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
23rd Sep 2006, 01:13
Hey Con I'm assuming you didn't like the series then :p

Personally, I can't think of a favourite, but I will say, the last two, certainly the last one sucked so much that if they were the pilot, it'd never have got made :yuk:

sir.pratt
23rd Sep 2006, 03:34
the mastie episode

PLovett
23rd Sep 2006, 03:35
My favourite was the one they never broadcast.

The whole show could have been retitled "Much Ado About Nothing" but the title was already spoken for. :yuk:

RaraAvis
23rd Sep 2006, 11:41
Elaine - I went out with this lawyer once. We went to dinner, I had the lobster bisque, yada, yada, yada. I never saw him again.

Jerry - But you yada, yada'd over the best part.

Elaine - No, I mentioned the bisque.:rolleyes:

Time wasteth on mildly amusing nonsense is time well wasteth... :}

23rd Sep 2006, 12:26
Master of my domaine!!!

pipersfather
23rd Sep 2006, 14:24
I liked:

The Jimmy. Great performance by Michael Richards

The Race. The final segment was a good laugh

Parapunter
23rd Sep 2006, 14:37
You miss the point Mr Lovett. It was all about nothing & the characters never learnt from their mistakes. That was what was so delicious about Seinfeld - you knew they were doomed to do it again & again...

Mind you, personally, I always thought Larry Sanders was superior to Seinfeld. No one to touch Hank or Rip Torn. Quality stuff.

airspeedsalive
27th Sep 2006, 02:16
I like the backwards episode quite a bit

Captain Sand Dune
27th Sep 2006, 03:04
The one after the last one. :ok:

AcroChik
27th Sep 2006, 03:14
The Soup Nazi. Mulligatawny and an armoire. No soup for you!

Funnier by far than any episode of the show was seeing tourists line up for a mouthful of abuse and a small cup of soup. If we had nothing better to do, my friends and I used watch them and laugh till we had to run to the loo. The Germans were by far the best, as they could never understand, "It's a show about nothing." The soup was delicious.

evansb
27th Sep 2006, 04:03
..okay, JUNIOR MINTS! But really, comedy does not age very well. I once thought Yogi Bear was funny. I also thought
Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" was funny as well, alas it is a mere two years stale, and I no longer even chortle. What come of jest? Yea, it must be of the NOW! EAT FRESH!

rotated
27th Sep 2006, 04:59
Don't know the title, but I liked the one in which Jerry is given the run-around about the rental car reservation, and promises to beat the sh1te out of the car, which is subsequently wrecked by George... :}

evansb
27th Sep 2006, 05:46
LISTEN BUDDY!, ... contrary to popular belief, most t.v. sitcoms ARE about nothing. This is actually REQUIRED by the F.C.C. , being mandated by the "Mort Saul" act of 1954. Arlene Dahl was "working" with several hitherto unemployed radio script writers, when along came a hung-over Ed Sullivan, interuppting a live simulcast radio-t.v. soap opera, broadcasting from his theatre, when he inquired, "right knew, right here, on moiy stage, whot the heck are you dewing?" The gorgeous nylon stockinged Arlene replied, "Nothing!" Ed said, "Well,.. keep it up!" The censors agreed.
The rest is history.

Fliegenmong
27th Sep 2006, 06:51
Never really ever saw much Seinfield, saw one or two in a special series after they'd pulled the show.

BUT have seen many 'Curb your Enthusiasm" episodes rfom the guy who wrote Seinfield - Curb is a very funny show:}

sir.pratt
27th Sep 2006, 06:55
i liked the Germans episode.

airspeedsalive
27th Sep 2006, 22:04
i liked the Germans episode.

Are you talking about Fawlty Towers? That's another great comedy -poor Manuel.:)

haughtney1
27th Sep 2006, 22:26
The masturbation one.......when they all couldnt sleep....then Kramer came in, slammed down his cash and said "I'm out!" ..and he slept:E