PDA

View Full Version : An 124 of Volga Dnieper @ East Midlands

denachtenmai
22nd Sep 2006, 14:52
Hi to you all, Does anyone know what the above machine was doing at E.Mid.on the weekend of 9/10 September?
I have a 6 year old grandson who was at Donnington Park that w/end, saw it and is convinced that, as I know everything about aeroplanes:hmm: then I would know this, big mistake, seriously though, if anyone does know then I would be grateful:) By the way, I told him that I would put this question on here, so I wont take any credit.
Regards Den

panda-k-bear
22nd Sep 2006, 14:58
Don't know but can hazard a guess.

Rolls Royce charter the 124 from time to time to ship engines to Toulouse for Airbus and they come out of EMA. Perhaps it was for that?

Fried_Chicken
22nd Sep 2006, 21:43
the VDA 124's have being flying to Baghdad frequently from EMA recently

FC

captain_flynn
23rd Sep 2006, 20:36
An124's are quite regular visitors to NEMA and have been for sometime. VDA and Polet both operate into NEMA with An124's.

Sorry I can't answer as to why that particular one was in though.

VP8
24th Sep 2006, 07:22
ADB were in last week moving engines to Tolouse for Rolls with the 124 :E

VEEPS

denachtenmai
24th Sep 2006, 09:41
Thanks for the replies guys, I just knew that you would come up with the goods. I have also directed my son in law to this site just to save myself from further grief:)
Regards, Den.

FlightDetent
24th Sep 2006, 12:12
VDA and Polet

I wonder if this is of any interest. Yes, to the grandson perhaps!: For those of you curious "Polet" means "a flight" in its aeronautical version (né escape). The pronounciation is Russian, of course so, in fact the expected (my guess) your typical pole-LIT with stress put on the second syllabus comes nowhere near which is only natural as the language is rather different from Queen's English.

So, what about it. First, we need to change the rythm. Make it sound like cAnada, no no, not the Southpark movie version, try again :ugh:. Say it, baby, cAnada. Little yank accent is just good. Like the vast plains of Sibir permafrost, be wide, be broad. Here comes the first part: "PAL" not quite as pal (friend) but veeeery close. If pal is pronounced P[h]a'l you need to get rid of the h inbetween. Take Papua N.G, as an example. pApua, cAnada, that is it. You can keep the "L", that's good.

E is rather tricky. First of all, English does not have the sound. Imagine Britney thinking, ... no no, do not ridicule me yet, thinking too slow that is. Her normal speed. Ok, anyhow. Take the sound but make it short. The word Expertise comes to my mind. Second, the Russian "soft E" written also makes the preceeding letter softer. Third, when this happens, it is not longer necessary to sound like "ee"eehxpertise. Take the word Yacht. That will be our sound, except that we need the o to be more evident, full flavoured, round. Compare "tomb" and "tone", see what I mean? We need the second version! Now we have the full flavoured yocht, but the rythm is bad. It is too strong, too wide. Make it sound like a finger snap, like :\, the f.word.

And now, the conslusion. We put these two together but as the soft e affects the preceedenig, think of it as pA-lyocht. Now you have it. Well just a little less importance on the second part, a bit faster, make it whiz away, dissapear. Like a vodka shot, f**k. That is it!!! :O :ok: :ok: :ok:

The second company, Volga-Dnepr bears names of two Russian /Ukranian rivers. Rivers that have huuuge footprint in people's souls. Rivers the width of certain European countries (combined). Rivers Hitler never crossed. Rivers that feed people and inspire composists. National symbols. Take a map and and see for yourself. Rivers whose surface area equals that of Scotland and maybe more.

FlightDetent
24th Sep 2006, 12:14
Thanks for the replies guys, I just knew that you would come up with the goods. I have also directed my son in law to this site just to save myself from further grief:)
Regards, Den.

Sir, I promise I started typing my post before you shown yours I'm sorry. I hereby plea guilty and disconne....