PDA

View Full Version : Easy Lgw

susoal
21st Sep 2006, 18:07
Hi everybody,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on Easy rosters, number of sectors per month and how the base is overall when compared to Stansted

Thanks for the info :E

Kraut
21st Sep 2006, 20:27
I think, there is a super long waitinglist for LGW!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: heared, everybody joining EZY wants to go to LGW!

Sorry, not very helpful info! Or is i?!t

BusBoy
22nd Sep 2006, 07:25
LGW
+ve - Huge route structure, go to interesting and varied places
-ve - Car Parking

STN
+ve - Smaller, Friendly Base.
-ve - Car Parking

I don't think any difference in number of sectors between these two bases

Mr Rowntree
22nd Sep 2006, 11:04
Don't suppose someone could fill e in on Sectors etc for EMA with easyjet?

JT8
22nd Sep 2006, 11:29
I was with easy until fairly recently and have operated from most of the UK bases. Of all I would have to say LGW was by far the worst :yuk:

salapilot
24th Sep 2006, 14:44
What was Luton Like to park?
And what is staff travel like?

Cheers :ok:

Wing_Bound_Vortex
24th Sep 2006, 22:24
Parking in Luton is fine, no probs with spaces and 5 min walk to crew room, one saving grace for LTN i guess.....no it's not that bad really!

Staff travel gets you a confirmed seat, usually about 30 pounds return to most destinations on the network, depends when you book, later is usually better up to a point. There's also the relatively new late flights option where if you fancy hopping on a flight for a quick city break they release a certain amount of unsold seats a few hours before departure. All booked through the easy staff travel site. Generally ST is ok but nothing fantastic.

WBV

salapilot
25th Sep 2006, 08:42
Thanks WBV

very useful.....do they still need 737 guys at Luton. I've got in and have put that down as my first choice. Hopefully living nearby and with a 737 rating my chances should be ok i guess ??

sp

ICING AOA
25th Sep 2006, 09:46
what about the waiting list for Madrid base? are there still any places available by now ? :bored:

Dani
25th Sep 2006, 09:57
I only hear waiting list. I thought Easy is short of 400 pilots, and that most have to go to London, of which LGW is the biggest base?

Where is there a shorter waiting list? Most of the foreign bases have longer waiting lists, I thought.

I'm a bit confused :confused:

thanks,
Dani

FlapsOne
25th Sep 2006, 10:28
Just to clarify something, EZ is not short of 400 pilots - that is the rcruitment plan for the next 12 months or so to rectify the current shortfall (however many that is!?!?!) and manage the planned expansion for new aircraft and bases.

Not too sure about the previous comment that LGW was by far the worst base. What is that assessmnet based on exactly?

I have been at EZ a good while now and LGW for most of it. LGW is by far the busiest base and you work hard but please show me somewhere where you don't!!

ROSCO328
25th Sep 2006, 11:17
I'm trying 2 get Edinburgh or Glasgow, any idea of the chances anyone?? I start in November. :ok:

Scottie
25th Sep 2006, 11:39
Rosco, no FO's on the waiting list for GLA so if they get a 5th aircraft expect to be in fairly sharpish.
As for EDI well rumours of a 4th aircraft circulate but nothing confirmed. However get into GLA then stick your name down for EDI. Wouldn't think it would take too long to get back to Scotland.
So I'll have the pleasure of flying with you in the future eh? I'll take no lip from ex Servisair employees ;) :p

ROSCO328
25th Sep 2006, 12:58
Scottie, cheers for the info! Don't worry the lip will be tightly tucked in :E . Nothing like a 7 year stint at S'air to motivate a lad :ok:

All the best

Norman Stanley Fletcher
25th Sep 2006, 15:59
I concur with Flaps One regarding easyJet at Gatwick. I have worked there the whole time I have been at easyJet and basically enjoy what I do. There are 2 key frustrations - car parking and ground handling.

Car parking is slowly being attacked and some people are now getting better slots instead of Camp X-ray. There is no easy answer to the problem but we are getting there. I, alas, am still awaitng an invitation to new parking arrangments - but such is life.

Regarding ground handling, we have somehow conspired to employ the least efficient ground handling agent in the history of aviation, who can consistently guarantee the slowest turn rounds in all circumstances. Not only that, when you arrive back last think at night, and you have anything less than a twenty minute wait for someone to operate the airbridge or bring buses to the aircraft, you have been short-changed! The most basic facilities - such as staff to meet the aircraft, ground power that works, chocks under the wheels, passengers at the gate, bags in the hold on time etc, seem just too much for them to deal with. The only saving grace is, because the situation is so potentially ruinous to the business, our top managers are now onto the issue in a big way. I have no doubt that some drastic changes will be in the offing before next summer as we simply cannot continue with the current shambles. We somehow need to tranport these guys to Amsterdam or Cologne to see how turnarounds can be done with no hassle and lots of efficiency.

Notwithstanding the above, easyJet Gatwick offers an enormously wide variety of routes, brand new aircraft, great people and the sport of operating in a really busy ATC environment. People who have worked elsewhere in the network say Gatwick is the 'hardest' base and I will bow to their better judgement. As one who only gets let out occasionally to fly elsewhere, I know no different and actually quite enjoy it.

For life at Gatwick, the future is bright - the future is orange!

FunFlyin
25th Sep 2006, 16:11
Having grown up around Lgw and watching the airport slowly turn orange (better than the blue red and white - all went downhill when BCal sold out). I would be aiming for a Gatwick basing. Is there a long list to get in there?

Nothing like a bit of hard graft ;)

Scottie
25th Sep 2006, 16:17
Rosco, congrats on getting in. We'll be able to reminisce about about life in Servisair whilst in the cruise! :ugh: Slick et al ;)

Norman, what you need is a dose of Menzies at LGW. We were sad to see Servisair EDI lose the contract but Menzies who took the contract over are consistently good. All employees at Menzies are on bonuses for OTP. It really does make a difference. :D

calypso
27th Sep 2006, 10:52
Anybody on the chances for a Madrid base? FO and Cpt

bleeds off
27th Sep 2006, 12:11
I'm trying 2 get Edinburgh or Glasgow, any idea of the chances anyone?? I start in November. :ok:

Well done Rosco328. Would you mind giving us a glimpse of what you got in the the tech quizz / interview ?

Appreciate:ok:
bleeds

flyguy09
28th Sep 2006, 12:00
Hi guys

just hoping to find out some information about easy in belfast. All the usual stuff really, such as sectors flown per year(average sector pay), morale at the base, parking and more importantly the chances of getting based there as an f/o.

Thants FG

ezybus
29th Sep 2006, 13:11
you WILL do your 900 flying hours at BFS in around 10 months!!!! good luck

Bad Robot
29th Sep 2006, 13:13
How many of those are 6 sector days?

BR.

qualitycontrol
30th Sep 2006, 11:16
Any chance a few chaps could let us know what the bottom right hand corner looks like for LGW SFOs and LGW Captains please??

Permafrost_ATPL
30th Sep 2006, 16:56
Staff car park is right next to terminal building, an even quicker walk than at Luton. Seem to get on average one six-sector day for each 5-day stretch. In case you're considering NCL, I believe they're getting some 6-sector days this winter as well.

I understand that BFS is a bit short of FOs right now, but it might not mean easy transfer if you're on the Bus fleet. I'm guessing the shortage is due to cadets taking a while to complete line training (shortage of training captains).

Very friendly base!

P

springbok449
30th Sep 2006, 19:07
I would agree with most of what has been said about EZY at LGW by Flaps and NSF, the car park is an issue but to be fair all other airlines suffer the same fate, I know that EZY crews work harder than most etc but in fairness that is not really BAAs fault so why should EZY expect preferential treatment from BAA?

The same happens at LHR, our car park is miles away but its OK for me as I only use 3 times/month...however the BMI guys who operate the same model than EZY these days suffer the same yet they dont expect to park next to Queens building...

The problem lies within the EZY low cost model and thats why people are shattered, not because they park in X.

qualitycontrol
5th Oct 2006, 13:34
Back up to the top and all that - again if any ezy gatwick based peeps can give a rough indication of take home pay plus a roster it would be very usefull!!!

Norman Stanley Fletcher
5th Oct 2006, 13:59
Type-rated LGW-based captain after first 6 months paying 15% into the pension scheme and flying an average of 500 sectors a year gets about £4200 - £4500 take-home pay. Company pays a further 7% of basic into pension scheme. After 2 years service you get an annual loyalty bonus of about £2000 take-home paid on the anniversary of you joining. Roster from November is 5 earlies, 3 days off, 5 lates, 4 days off and then back to the beginning. Typically 40-50 flights per month.

qualitycontrol
5th Oct 2006, 14:22
As always NSF, v helpful. How do the working days break down? All 4 sector days??

Norman Stanley Fletcher
6th Oct 2006, 00:26
It is hard to give a 'normal' month as it varies enormously. My October roster has about 14 flying days, split evenly between 4-sector and 2-sector days. There are a further 5 standby days. Obviously, other pilots' experiences will vary, but I think my roster is generally indicative of the work pattern. I hope that helps.

arc-en-ciel
6th Oct 2006, 21:12
Hi everyone,

I am about to join easyJet Gatwick, as I am not too keen with purchasing a car, I was wondering about using trains to get to central London. Is that convenient with reporting time at crew base. Does any of you uses that solutions, and if yes, which one is the best,as it seems there are several trains serving London to several places in London (Victoria, London bridge, Kings Cross,etc...) and what about prices ?
I am asking beacause I can't get what the prices are for Gatwick express for a monthly(yearly?) pass on the net, neither I am able to figure what are the timetables of other trains (southern, etc..) before 8am .

Thanks for your info, so I will be able to start looking for a flatshare in London nearby a specific train station.