PDA

View Full Version : Joy onboard BA108 DXBLHR 20Sep

TartinTon
21st Sep 2006, 12:43
What a marvellous flight this was!!! Onboard service was pretty bog standard so no real complaints there. The fun and games started when we landed. First of all the PAs turned into a radio request show - "Congratulations to Ernie and Marge on their 25th wedding anniversary" followed by "Congratulations to the FO who was going on 3 weeks leave to get married" followed by a blatant "BA management are b**tards" type message declaring that one of the flight attendants was being forcibly re-deployed to LGW (like the pax care). Having experienced this level of unprofessionalism we were relieved to be getting off the aircraft. No easy task. No stands available apparently (no communication from the crew) so we were all left standing in the aisles while we were herded down steps and onto buses. That would have been fine if there were 3/4 buses to take all the pax but that would have been far too easy. One bus arrived at a time with 5 min intervals between the next and the next. Ok, that wasn't so good but at least the bags would be there waiting when we got reclaim, right? WRONG!!! Clearly BA is a new carrier with no operational experience of when things don't go to plan because it was another 2 hours for our bags to arrive in the hall!!! 2 hours!!!! Apparently BA was very sorry about this but there weren't enough staff to organise for baggage trucks to go out with the necessary manpower as the terminal was busy. This is 1340 on a Wednesday. Do me a favour......
Next time I'll fly EK from BHX. I'll get home quicker to North London than having to wait for BA to get their act together.

What a shambles.

What a joke of an airline.

:yuk: :yuk: := := :ugh: :ugh: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the_hawk
21st Sep 2006, 12:58
edit (too harsh)

F3G you're right, sry

Final 3 Greens
21st Sep 2006, 14:05
Hello Hawk

Have a good weekend.

TartinTon

All you can do is vote with your wallet, good luck to you sir.