PDA

View Full Version : TAF history

UnderneathTheRadar
21st Sep 2006, 01:22
Hi all,

Can anyone point me towards a resource which keeps a history of Australian TAFs?

I want to go over the history of TAFs on the eastern seaboard last weekend as I'm curious as to what (if any) effect pilot information has on them - I flew into YMER on Saturday with the 8/8 cloudbase below the alternate minima which was different to the TAF and was wondering if it would have been reissued as a result of my report.

Cheers,

UTR.

No Further Requirements
21st Sep 2006, 01:41
As it happens, I was the one you gave the report to. Yes, the TAF did get ammeded and was out within about 20 mins.

The procedure is that I tell the Fligh Data people here and they forward it to Met. What met do with it is up to them, but 99% of the time they will re-issue the TAF.

In the situation on Saturday, I immediately started hazard alerting on YMER, and broadcast the TAF when I got it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

NFR.

Atlas Shrugged
21st Sep 2006, 02:12
Might not have all the data you're after, but try here:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/94703/2004/10/1/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

UnderneathTheRadar
21st Sep 2006, 06:04
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
NFR.

NFR,

Yes - thanks! First time I've seen that scenario and was curious to know if the system would actually work. As I was on the ground and away from a computer I didn't know if my report would result in a changed TAF or in hazard reports being issued.

Doubly curious due to my trip back to Melbourne next day - ESL, BNS etc all reporting good TAFs as I departed and so were my backup plan in case the area thunderies got out of hand only to discover they all had inters put on them after I left - but again, first experience of FIS announcing new TAFs on the area frequency made it all the more interesting!

Cheers again,

UTR.

No Further Requirements
22nd Sep 2006, 10:49
All part of the service....

Cheers,

NFR.