PDA

View Full Version : Arena

dghob
20th Sep 2006, 23:51
At Archerfield recently and noticed no Arena Aviation aircraft in their usual area and the administration building empty & being painted. While not associated with them in any way nor in that industry I found it a bit worrying and I'm hoping there's a simple explanation like they've relocated while they do up the building, or moved permanently elsewhere. I'd have thought the last thing the industry and/or Archerfield would need is a loss like that. :sad:
Anyone able to shed some light on this?
dghob

J430
21st Sep 2006, 02:24
Rumor has it:E and I say that as it was a courier driver at work that told me he shifted them to YRED the other day. They bought out a school at YRED last year and I bet they find the cost of operating there much less than YBAF which seems hell bent on ridding flying ops from there. Plus no landing fee's too might help.

Yep the issues of all GAAP airports in Australia have a familiar ring to them don't they.

J:ok:

Lando Calrissian
21st Sep 2006, 02:41
October edition of AA magazine has a paragraph in the Newsdesk section on Arena ceasing on 15th September and heading to Redcliffe.

dghob
21st Sep 2006, 05:32
Thanks J430 & Lando. Glad to hear it wasn't necessarily a bad news story.
cheers
dghob

jbr76
17th Jan 2007, 10:05
Ahhh one half of the sausage mill gets its head chopped off so it sprouts a fresh head at the other end .. typical sausage mill.

Being an ex arena student myself, I can only say that what you pay for you get .. and you certainly get that @ arena ..

filthy, tatty outdated unreliable aircraft, instructors who cancel flights & dont bother to ring students & make them drive all the way there to tell them their flight is cancelled to entering in incorrect logbook entries.

Instead of spending money on upgrading their aircraft to resemble something that is airworthy, they would rather spend money on flash hangars & ground school facilities ..

Beware of the trojan horse they say ;)

MCKES
17th Jan 2007, 23:32
RQAC is taking over the arena facilities at archerfield for the Airline Academy that is why it is being painted.

Mr. Hat
18th Jan 2007, 01:03
So sad to hear GAAP companies closing down and downsizing, they really have the students best interests at heart...