PDA

View Full Version : Theory Instructors in Adelaide

richie-rich
20th Sep 2006, 22:20
Morning all
I was wondering if any of you know of a theory instructor based in Adelaide for CPL +Ir. My flight school does have one but I have missed out on the start date and am a little behind with things.

Any individual person wishing to do it is also okay. Thanks. I am just finding few aspects of the course a bit difficult to self-study.

Cheers
Richie

Ovation
21st Sep 2006, 23:44
A fellow by the name of Alan Hicks is located at one of the YPPF training facilities. Very competent theory man. I don't know of his availability, but seek him out.

"if you tell me I'll listen, but if you show me I'll learn"

richie-rich
21st Sep 2006, 23:58
thank you very much, ovation. but would you have any clue which school he is with/was with?

Thanks for your kind info.
Richie

Ovation
22nd Sep 2006, 01:57
I'm unsure of who he works for now, but there are only a few training organisations left at YPPF. My guess would be the College.

Greg Norris at Bruce Hartwig Flying School should be able to steer you in the right direction.

richie-rich
22nd Sep 2006, 02:23
much appreciate your help, ovation. happy flying.

Icarus53
24th Sep 2006, 04:48
Alan Hicks is at FTA as a ground instructor. Very knowledgable bloke, though he doesn't have an instrument rating so I'm not sure he'd be able to help on this one.:ooh:

Bruce Hartwig is still getting around (he's also at FTA these days) and is a great CIR theory instructor. Other than that I suspect you'll have to try your luck at his old school?

Best of luck! Don't get too worried - if you know your way around AIP or Jepps, you should be fine.:ok:

richie-rich
24th Sep 2006, 06:57
Icarus53
thanks buddy. i have tried Bruce Hartwig flying school and they dont have a ground school for CPL going on. I will try Alan Hicks on Monday and if he is able to help with CPL components, then it should be okay.

I am sure Instrument rating can be taken care off once CPL is out of the way.

Thanks for your info, again :)
Richie

shnev
24th Sep 2006, 10:28
Go and see Dave Searl at the TAFE campus at Parafield Airport. Not bad... He will make you feel really welcome. Or you could see the other theory instructor there, Bev...

spin doctor
25th Sep 2006, 02:26
If you get stuck, one of the announcers on radio at 5AA is a G1 instructor who spent a couple of years working at FTA. He maybe able to help. His name is Mike Walden. I believe he's avaialble during the week. I'm not sure how you could contact him. Try [email protected], or email me and I'll try get more info for you.