PDA

View Full Version : Anonymity

Flash0710
20th Sep 2006, 18:42
Evenin all,

With the introduction of the " Photo's of Everybody " and the ability of people to snipe anonymously at people if they know them but the victim does not. its got me thinking ( rare i know)

There is one famous poster here who for protection of interests must retain this status UR: Sir i respect what you are doing and continue to do.:

The other day me and a chum were trying to work out from clues who a certain poster was and we knew this poster would be at a venue we were attending that weekend. Unfortuneately i got too drunk to remember that the plan was to keep my eyes peeled for anyone fitting the form...:ugh: :ugh: :zzz:

personally i do not care if people know who i am i find that this place is tremendously informative and at times a great place to find humour to discuss day to day.

So what other reasons would people want to keep others from being open?

Yours ponderingly

f

G-CPTN
20th Sep 2006, 19:02
Avoiding the brothers . . .

Mr Lexx
20th Sep 2006, 19:22
It bothers me not a jot!

flower
20th Sep 2006, 19:46
Never hidden who I am and quite happy to be known by my real name. I know some have difficulties with work but my colleagues at work know my PPRuNe name as I know theirs.

Carole aka Flower :ok:

Whirlygig
20th Sep 2006, 19:56
It takes anyone who knows me about 10 minutes to work out I am Whirlygig; my profile, although tongue in cheek in quite accurate! I'm quite happy with that!

Cheers

Whirls

Jerricho
20th Sep 2006, 20:08
I got no chance.

I have actually lost count of the number of times I've had a driver say "See ya Jerricho!" over the R/T at work. Funnily enough, no MIL jokes...........yet.

Flash0710
20th Sep 2006, 21:58
Alright basically due to dereliction of duties. It would be great to unmask Big Hilly........ I dont want anything bad to happen just to know to see if he is nice away from a keyboard......:p

luv

f

ShyTorque
20th Sep 2006, 22:32
Some of us just have a personal preference to remain relatively anonymous (or can't afford the alimony if found out.....).

Those who posted their photos surely don't have much cause to complain about any lack of anonymity.....?

Captain Airclues
20th Sep 2006, 22:46
Those who posted their photos surely don't have much cause to complain about any lack of anonymity.....?

Assuming, of course, that it is actually a photo of them!

Blacksheep
21st Sep 2006, 00:51
Anonymity? I deny everything. Someone with a key logger has stolen my password.

con-pilot
21st Sep 2006, 01:38
Shoot, at times I don't know who I am myself.:p