PDA

View Full Version : Pay Citation Sovereign

Dont worry
20th Sep 2006, 12:13
Hi, guys !
Would appreciate any Info about average payment for Cit. Sovereign CPT and FO Position on a Private Company Aircraft. Base Western Europe.
Will be probably 1 Crew with no fix roster. Most probably 365 days Stby with 2 or 3 days notice before flight.
Thanks for your Input.

Brat
20th Sep 2006, 18:12
Try somewhere between Stg 43-47,000 Capt. 29-33,000 F/O.

His dudeness
21st Sep 2006, 08:48
IMO, it would depend on things like:
1) Experience
2) Workscope (is the crew supposed to run the hole show or will the aircraft be managed?)
3) Training / Typerating
4) Where ? there are expensive places to live (e.g.the UK) and cheaper ones.

If the crew runs everything and is reasonable experienced I´d say a net wage of 3500 € for the Capt and 2200 for the FO should be the normal rate, Typerating and annual Simtraining paid by the employer.
Its my understanding that cooperate flight departments usually pay relatively good and have very often the more experienced guys up front.

sinistar
25th Sep 2006, 18:24
Mr Kipling, you also make exceedinly good salary recommendations. Any less than 65 for a skip and you might as well chuck a few bananas in there as well. Don't under sell yourselves guys and gals. What's all this about 'dependant on experience'? You gonna put that question to the owner? Seriously, someone who forks out 14 mil for a Sovereign only needs a mediocre sell job to convince them that trusting their new prized possesion to someone with minimal experience is not worth a 15k annual saving. A good pilot can be worth that in 5 minutes flat. F/O's? Well they can often use this sector of aviation as a step to the airlines. So 25 - 35k tops is where its at.
You work hard running an owners aircraft and it don't stop when you put the bungs in at night either. ;)

His dudeness
26th Sep 2006, 14:15
"What's all this about 'dependant on experience'? You gonna put that question to the owner? Seriously, someone who forks out 14 mil for a Sovereign only needs a mediocre sell job to convince them that trusting their new prized possesion to someone with minimal experience is not worth a 15k annual saving. A good pilot can be worth that in 5 minutes flat."

I know that - you know that. Do aircraft buyers necessarily know that ?
Easy answer: NO.
Do aircraftbrokers necessarily tell potential buyers: pay peanuts, get monkeys? Easy answer: NOPE!

sinistar
27th Sep 2006, 18:39
Exactly your dudness,
As I say, all you need is a mediocre sell job to convince them otherwise.
If you can't be bothered to sell yourself then the only one you can blame for a crap salary is ones dudness! :=
Any how, who mentioned brokers? This is working privately for an owner. The LEAs, MASs, Goldairs etc of this world can get away with paying the aforementioned crap salary, cos yes, the brokers/ company owners etc can get away with it. Working solely for an owner is different and therefore demands bigger dosh. There aint no ops to phone and get a plan in or organise your handling, pull the plane out, clean it, stock it, replace sick crew etc etc etc :ok:

sinistar
27th Sep 2006, 18:41
Sorry your dudness, I owe you a couple of e's, better make that 3! :E

Road Devil
27th Sep 2006, 19:18
Have to say Sinistar that you're spot on with the salary. I for one was paid 80k basic to potter around in a Bravo not so long ago. It was for a private owner. The higher salary is earnt but can just as easily disappear if the toy gets too expensive or NJE marketing finds a way through!