PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways requirements

bleeds off
19th Sep 2006, 19:39
Last ppjn update states more than 2000 TT of which 1500 have to be commercial jet time, whereas GB's site still indicates 1000 TT / 500 commercial exp.
Have someone any reliable info on it ? What are chances for turboprops guys / girls to get in ?

thx :ok:

bleeds

Joe_Bar
19th Sep 2006, 21:00
There are two different pages with different requirements
http://www.gbairways.com/careers/flight-deck/vacancies-flight-deck/?recruitmentID=7
http://www.gbairways.com/careers/flight-deck/vacancies-flight-deck/?recruitmentID=26
Maybe Gail Bushell can clear it up.
JB

Bad Robot
20th Sep 2006, 11:19
I have heard nothing either, just wondering which of the 2 links is the correcet one? I have sent applications via both links now but still nothing:{

I do know of some Turbo Prop guys getting in just recently.

BR.

ICING AOA
20th Sep 2006, 13:10
it is very helpful to be recommended by a friend :oh:

Craggenmore
20th Sep 2006, 23:14
Having spent the summer with 7 different GB captains in the sim, the bottom line is they need pilots. 1000 TT is the requirement. The take up is good. GB have even been turning away BMI chaps. Being recommended by a friend will almost certainly help.

I do not know about W.Walsh and his plans.

Bad Robot
21st Sep 2006, 10:42
Any Idea as to why the BMI Chaps are being turned away?:confused:

BR.

Craggenmore
21st Sep 2006, 13:23
BR,

They failed the interview/selection/sim process. Nothing more sinister than that.

fiftyfour
21st Sep 2006, 16:13
GB has a BA franchise agreement until autumn 2010. If Willie Walsh plans to buck the agreement it will cost BA serious money in a commercial court - unless, of course, the deal is shortened by agreement. One would presume that GB would only do that if its options were better going alone or with some other carrier. GB has been around since 1931, so knows a thing or two about surviving.

Bad Robot
25th Sep 2006, 23:42
Anyone getting PFO e-mails or letters yet?
So far I have heard nothing!:confused:

BR.

crew the screw
26th Sep 2006, 10:12
Not even sure if my App got through.. Emailed Gail but it got bounced back. When I tried a second time with the same address but different subject there was no post failure message. Also no auto respnse to say they've received it..

Anyone else had the same problems?

beauport potato man
27th Sep 2006, 16:57
i've heard this franchise rumour a few times too.... but not sure of its source.

One thing is for sure, things are definately changing since Mr H took over.
The BA engineering contract has gone and all our engineering is now with Virgin. The ground handling is currently very poor and being looked at. Mr H met with WW very recently to talk about this one.

We are taking on lots more pilots (12 courses are on gails board for the rest of this year, 10 cadets are going to Jerez this year and for the next 3, and a further 12-14 are being taken through the Flight advert) And we are only picking up one extra airframe next year.... i know we've been slightly undercrewed this summer but this not by this many f/o's.....

Somethings going on - maybe the franchise will go, maybe we'll retrench back to Gib and take advantage of the new mainland spain routes, maybe we'll be absorbed in BA, maybe we'll franchise with someone else?

Who knows? Interesting times ahead though

BPM

bleeds off
3rd Oct 2006, 11:03
Just got the bad news letter a month after having applied :hmm:

flyingbug
6th Oct 2006, 16:03
Anyone else had any news?
Are GB still recruiting, or is the website out of date?

FB

crew the screw
9th Oct 2006, 10:34
Just to bring this back to the top...

Has anyone any more news on the current recruitment drive by GB?

Any news/info would be greatly appreciated..

Crew:ok:

Megaton
9th Oct 2006, 12:28
GB have taken quite a few guys from FlyBE recently. Not sure whether that's an accurate indication of their current requirements though.

flyingbug
18th Oct 2006, 16:18
Just to bring it to the top....................
are GB still recruiting? Anybody heard?
FB

bleeds off
18th Oct 2006, 16:43
My rejection letter which was sent on sept 12th stated that I had not been choosen to be part of those invited for the following selection day. No indicated date about that day.

bleeds

crew the screw
18th Oct 2006, 17:00
Thanks Bleeds...

I'm still unsure if my CV even actually got there?

Hey Ho :rolleyes:

bleeds off
18th Oct 2006, 17:07
They did not acknowledge receipt of mine. I sent it to the e-mail address indicated on their web site.

Best of luck:ok:
bleeds

crew the screw
18th Oct 2006, 17:10
No News is good news then?

Does anyone out there know about time lines for GB recruitment?

:ok:

Bad Robot
18th Oct 2006, 17:17
Did anyone actually get an acknowledgement that their application had been recieved?

I have heard nothing at all.:confused:

BR.

crew the screw
18th Oct 2006, 17:52
just as a guide, do we know how many people have been contacted, good or bad?

over-the-hedge
22nd Oct 2006, 20:55
Hear that GB were hoping to have extra airframe for next year and recruited with that in mind. This airframe may not now be coming so recruitment may well have dried up early. Understand that they may be wet leasing in a 737 to cover the work instead...?.....possible expansion out of GIB. Duty free shop will get busier!