PDA

View Full Version : Avid, Asic

9M-
19th Sep 2006, 17:47
Hi,
I am a casa PPL holder based in malaysia. I am thinking of going back to aus to maybe get some ratings. I read on the casa website that now pilots need this security pass. My que is if i am holding the old license without any photo id and i do not have an AVID or ASIC, can i still fly? WHats the procedures i need to do? Hope someone can enlighten me as i had not been back to aus for a long time. Thanks in advance.

OpsNormal
19th Sep 2006, 19:28
Try the CASA website.

www.casa.gov.au

9M-
20th Sep 2006, 03:43
Yes, i had read the casa website. They state everyone should get the id by 31 march 2006. The problem is i had not applied for it yet as i am based elsewhere. I just want to know are there pilots now in australia without the avid or are in the process of applying still allowed to fly? Thanks.

scrambler
20th Sep 2006, 07:21
I think the answer is that you should apply now for your AVID if considering coming back, it takes a little while for the issue (though one would hope that now the backlog has been filled that the time frame would not be too long)

Aussie
20th Sep 2006, 07:23
Little while..........try 6months!!!!

Aussie

multi_engined
20th Sep 2006, 21:22
You can fly as long as your application is with CASA and they can verify it is being processed.

777WakeTurbz
22nd Sep 2006, 00:41
Actually, you arent supposed to operate into security controlled ADs without one are you? And certainly not past the blue lines (RPT areas)

I had an AVID first which took its time (2-3months) and then applied for an ASIC after that and was told it would take 2weeks since i already had all security checks completed, 3months and quite a few annoyed phone calls to CASA later i got it, no sweat! :}:ok: