View Full Version : JAL, ANA cadetship

chisou
19th Sep 2006, 14:44
hope someone can help.

i'm currently in the process of getting my jaa cpl, multi/ir in the uk with around 250tt. i have a uk and japanese passport (expires in 2009) and never thought that i would want to work in japan. however recently i'm having a change of heart and would like the opportunity to work there while i'm younger and having family for support. the problem is that i would "class" myself as british as i have always lived in the uk with english being my first language, although i can get by in japanese (conversational rather than fluent)

my question is do i have the opportunity to go for either JAL of ANA cadetship or is it possible to "join" halfway through the course, as by the end of october 2006 i should have a jaa cpl and multi/ir, and so convert my jaa licences and associated ratings and do the type rating? i've looked on both the web sites and the information firstly is in japanese (looked through with it with my mother and cos she has no idea about licences ratings etc i can't make head or tail what she's trying to tell me.) and doesn't seem to be helpful as it seems to be an online application, with no contact details etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lasiorhinus
27th Oct 2006, 03:12
Dont make too many noises in Japan about having two passports...
:mad:

glekichi
27th Oct 2006, 04:07
Yeah true about the dual citizenship thing, unless you are under 20, isnt it?
The cadetships require a 4 year university degree for starters. The testing is also EXTREMELY competetive.
They have some other categories opening up at the moment for JCAB PPL (you can convert) holders with overseas CPL and IFR (cannot be converted, unfortunately) . I believe they involve about 7 million yen in self funding but they do assist with finance. Worth a shot if you WANT to go there, but its certainly not the country of (aviation) opportunities, except for those lucky few that do get the full cadetship.

chisou
27th Oct 2006, 17:08
cheers for the info guys.

would this mean the best bet would be to join as a foreign national, have lots of hours on jets with a type rating? i see lots of jobs advertised for pilots with hours (at least 500 on type) and i do want to go to "mother land" for a while anyways.

so now i have to find money for a type rating AND get me a job where they employ low hour pilots???? goddam this industry!!!!