PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Salary of Grde 3 Instructors - flight training adelaide

TurbineDreamer
19th Sep 2006, 10:40
G'Day

Can anyone tell me what grade 3 instructors are on salary-wise at flight training adelaide at parafield airport. Keen to know what they earn and what conditions are like? Anyone know how many hours a year they do?

Cheers

adam210
19th Sep 2006, 23:09
you'll be short $8000 for the first few weeks....:eek:

TurbineDreamer
20th Sep 2006, 01:00
Hi adam210

Can you elaborate on this?

cheers

Chadzat
20th Sep 2006, 01:56
Pay is minimum award. Bonuses come when you have META, CIR, Aero's etc.....

Hours is usually up around 800-900 mark after probation is finished and you are onto the cadets. They have special exemption to fly 1000hrs per year, but only a couple do that.

^^ all second hand info, I don't work there.

adam210
20th Sep 2006, 02:08
From one of my previous posts:

up until recently, i spoke to somebody at Flight Training Adelaide they were looking for instructors,

however they were charging $4000 for the induction, yes they got told were to stick it. who in their right mind would pay that much for a check ride ????????????????????? :yuk:

Add on to that, relocation costs, most likely the East Coast, you'd be looking at an additional 3-4k if you like me have a car, household stuff etc
be careful it all adds up very quickly

Aussie
20th Sep 2006, 07:21
yeah i was offered the same deal, 4K for standardization, i told em to shove it too!

Aussie

Arm out the window
20th Sep 2006, 11:16
That's absolutely pissweak.
I could maybe understand some kind of bond, ie we give you x hours gratis, you stay with us for x months, but that's just screwing money out of people and shirking their own responsibilities regarding standardisation at company expense, in my view.

Aussie
21st Sep 2006, 06:49
agree!!!!!!!!

Aussie

chuck_norris
20th Oct 2006, 03:42
I heard the Gr3 at Adelaide are on a celery wage.

G Cantstandya
20th Oct 2006, 04:03
Salary!!!!!!!!!!!!! What salary, you'll have to pay them!!!!!
Then you might get the opportunity to wash the owners car and if you lucky wash an a/c.

Aussie
20th Oct 2006, 06:32
yeah its 4K for standardization and then you may get work teaching the Non-cadet students until you become a grade 2 and they think your worth of teaching the cadets. Then you get salary.
Aussie

glekichi
20th Oct 2006, 22:05
You would think that the fact that they are advertising might mean that they NEED instructors, but obviously not with that garbage. Its nothing more than a money making scam.

dream747
22nd Dec 2006, 02:43
How can I get through to their email? Can't get through any email addresses listed on their website for enquries though?!

Tee Emm
23rd Dec 2006, 12:05
Welcome to typical Aussie style GA...

Angle of Attack
23rd Dec 2006, 22:39
Wow charging 4k for standardisation?? Isnt that almost half the cost of an instructors rating? Whats their problem? Dont they have a book of their Standard operating procedures? Study that for a couple of days and then they should be able to check you on one flight and then maybe a month or so after for consolidation. I was once offered a job but refused it on the basis that the Chief pilot was going to charge me the tacho time on a 152 for the check flight! lol, although admittedly that was about 6 years ago when times were easy to get a job as an instructor. I hope enough people tell them to stick the 4k where the sun dont shine, and they might change their policy, its pathetic.

JimmyReeves
24th Dec 2006, 04:14
Why don't you have a look at Singapore Flying College at Jandakot? They don't bond or charge for standardisation, and the guys who work there told me they recieved a 2 month bonus (pro rata) last July.

Have good XMAS guys!

Troopie
25th Dec 2006, 10:03
At training centre I understand are on $20 per flying hour and $16 hour for desk work until they get their grade 2 and move to a salaried pos with the college. Correct me of I'm wrong/confirm if I am right... celery 4 sure!

CrackedBlade
30th Dec 2006, 10:18
Sounds like conditions haven't changed. Make sure you get any agreements in writing. My experience is that a Grade 2 rating does not guarantee a position at the main school. As for the supposed 800+ hours. Can't say I flew that in the 12 months I was there.