PDA

View Full Version : Citation X Tips???

international hog driver
18th Sep 2006, 19:14
I have accecpted a job on a X as DEC, coming from BBJ.

Any tips, some say it has a X-wind weakness, which I can believe given the aileron size and the tail area.

So whats good, whats bad and are their any tips for those new to mickey mouse?

formulaben
18th Sep 2006, 22:17
I have accecpted a job on a X as DEC, coming from BBJ.

Any tips, some say it has a X-wind weakness, which I can believe given the aileron size and the tail area.

So whats good, whats bad and are their any tips for those new to mickey mouse?

First thing, check to see if it has the "aileron gearing mod". This helps, but either way, it doesn't like crosswind landings. Too much sweep combined with dihedral: any side gust and the asymetrical lift is quite a bit. The procedure is to fly slightly upwind of the runway centerline and, while KEEPING THE WINGS LEVEL, you kick the rudder to align the fuselage with the runway on touchdown. No finesse...but the gear is quite beefy and can take it. Other than that, it's a great airplane. You'll hate the FMSs if you're not yet "Honeywelled", but if you have FMZ experience, then you'll love it. FADEC is great but no autothrottles. A/P could be a little less sensitive on approaches; it sometimes rocks back and forth but could be s/n specific. You'll love the speed. Climb direct to FL430 at max gross and still do .87 until you burn off fuel, then eventually get to .90 or .91 depending on altitude. 525KTAS is not uncommon.

HAVE FUN!

international hog driver
19th Sep 2006, 06:41
FADEC is great but no autothrottles. HAVE FUN!

What you mean i have to work again !:eek:

Thanks for the reply.

SnowPilot
24th Sep 2006, 14:04
Check your PM's.

The citation X crews work more in the last 1000 feet than the whole flight.

Great plane very tight in the cockpit.