PDA

View Full Version : "Flying Heavy Metal" on DVD?

goshdarnit
18th Sep 2006, 15:57
Is anybody aware whether this excellent short series will be available on DVD at some point? For those unfamiliar, it was a 5 part series shown on the Discovery Wings channel, and featured Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson giving an energetic and enthustiastic trip thru' commercial jet history. He is (or was when the series was made) a 757 co-pilot with Excel (his "day job", as he put it). Dickinson clearly loves aviation and is a very charismatic front man; and the trip thru' the history is much fun.
I have googled it but can't come up with anything helpful (I am in the UK - release in the US or elsewhere may not help!)

Maybe he proons and can answer directly?......:ok:

GDI

Vee One...Rotate
18th Sep 2006, 16:04
I was mailed a home-made copy by another PPRuNer and am happy to copy it and send it your way.

PM me with your address if you like.

Great series :ok:

V1R

goshdarnit
18th Sep 2006, 16:18
Thanks V1R - don't think my DVD player can manage DVD R/W, but if I change it I will bear it in mind!
I have at various times had the episodes on the SkyPlus recorded thing, but I am kinda hoping to be able to buy a nice little box set of the show.
Sad but true.....

GDI

Hamrah
18th Sep 2006, 17:59
Goshdarnit

Bruce , at the time of filming, Flying Heavy Metal, was a First officer with ASTRAEUS.

At the time of writing he is still a First Officer with ASTRAEUS.

Just to set the record straight and all that. :)

H

LCA Bound
18th Sep 2006, 20:00
If i could be so cheeky as to ask for a copy V1R , funnily enough im watching an episode as i type , excellent program , very informative to a novice as myself
allso a bit of an iron maiden fan

TheOddOne
18th Sep 2006, 20:53
...or just keep watching Discovery Wings, they repeat these progs pretty frequently. I'm sure I've seen tonight's at least twice before. Just got booted out of the lounge so 'they' can watch 'Spooks'. Saw a few moments of it and was absolutely nauseated by the total lack of realism in some airborne/ATC part of the storyline - total Cr*p, good job there's pprune as therapy!

TheOddOne

goshdarnit
19th Sep 2006, 06:57
Thanks Hamrah, I'm sure I meant to type Astre..arstr..atsre...that airline, but couldn't spell it!
Must be the booze - brained my damage, you know.

GDI

Wylee coyote
19th Sep 2006, 09:20
I would also like a copy if you could! Would relly appreciate it. PM me if you get a chance>Cheers:ok:

Rainboe
19th Sep 2006, 16:06
Shame on you GDI, and Astraeus even go into Cardiff too. Take your spotters badge off this minute until you earn it again! And it's worth switching from Discovery Wings briefly for Spooks- handsome blonde there.