PDA

View Full Version : Sign this AWA or never work for QANTAS again

max autobrakes
18th Sep 2006, 11:47
Please tell me that someone ,let's just call them a source,is yanking my chain .
The story is ,that pilots doing interviews at AAE are being told by a certain individual recently "promoted" from Qantas ,that unless they sign the AWA for employment ,the intimation is, they can kiss their chances of working for a Qantas group company ever again, goodbye.
Sounds a bit like British navy press ganging from days gone by.
Is this what the industry in Australia is coming to?
Can anyone shed some light please.

Ndicho Moja
18th Sep 2006, 11:59
Those are the same words that were said to have been used by CEO of JetStar Asia when they went in to resign. Too bad, but it is a sign of poor people skills.

Willit Run
18th Sep 2006, 14:51
Pardon me, but what is an AWA?

hobie
18th Sep 2006, 15:25
Pardon me, but what is an AWA?

known as Australian Workplace Agreements, I believe .....

jack red
19th Sep 2006, 04:47
Pardon me but who is AAE :confused:

RaTa
19th Sep 2006, 05:09
"Pardon me but who is AAE"

Probably means Australian Air Express, a small freight outfit in which Qantas has a share flying night freight and mail using converted 737-300s.

Australian Workplace Agreements (AWA) have only been introduced recently by the right wing, pro big business government. They are individual contracts which are designed to bring down labour costs, conditions and exclude unions..........you can guess what that means.:mad:

Fliegenmong
19th Sep 2006, 05:42
Australian Workplace Agreements (AWA) have only been introduced recently by the right wing, pro big business government. They are individual contracts which are designed to bring down labour costs, conditions and exclude unions..........you can guess what that means.

Well said RaTa!:D

We used to be known as the lucky country..........not a good time to be one of the ordinary folk Oz right now.:{