PDA

View Full Version : Dornier 228 crash in Nigeria

Flying Touareg
18th Sep 2006, 07:57
A military dornier aircraft carrying some nigerian army generals crashed yesterday some 18nm to obudu cattle ranch.14 lives perished out of the 18 pax.may there souls rest in peace ,

jagunmolu
18th Sep 2006, 08:47
It is indeed a very sad day for the military and Nigerian aviation in general,tha we have lost very intelligent senior officers is indeed very sad.we have also lost very good young aircrew is even sadder,a lesson to be learnt however from this is as pilotsa we should think twice and have the guts to say no to anagement when asked to carry out flights into areas we are not familiar with even at the risk of losing our jobs as life is irreplaceable i have on good knowledge that for commercial reasons aircrew have been pressured to fly into airfields they are not familiar with without going in there with experienced crew members just to oil thier egos saying if A can make it in there why not B,Mashocism does only one thing >puts you six feet below and makes everybody sad worse still makes your family grieve.The pilt of the ill fated plane was a dear colleague that was infact trained by me and this is a real sad loss we should all learn from.I grieve from my soul but what can we do but pray that the souls of the dear departed rest in perfect peace a sad day indeed.:uhoh: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Rani
18th Sep 2006, 08:56
The a/c came down barely 18 NM from Bebi airstrip @ Obudu Ranch Resort.
Too early now to speculate, but I suspect poor visibility coupled with the low fuel played a part in all of this... I wonder if those Dornier 228s are equipped with GPWS or equivalent.
Some other blogs are mentioning conspiracy theories (generals on board), that's another topic.

dejidip
18th Sep 2006, 09:35
May thier gentle souls RIP My heart goes out to the families of the deceased and that of the crew especially they were good people who were in the wrong place at the right time no speculations guys thats injurious to all.what indeed a sad event.RIP. You will surely be missed by all who knew you guys.What a calamity.:sad: :sad: :sad:

bear11
18th Sep 2006, 10:34
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5355534.stm

- looks like there were some heavy hitters on board

ruma
19th Sep 2006, 06:36
Any informations on the name of the crews on board? The manifest released by the press did not mention their names.

dejidip
19th Sep 2006, 06:43
Wg Cdr Sunday Balogun
Wg Cdr Adekunle
May Thier Gentle Souls Rest In Perfect Peace I Knew These Guys They Were Perfect Gentlemen And Good Pilots ,

femialpha
19th Sep 2006, 17:31
I'm seeing photos on some local newspapers showing OBJ and his cronies getting a photo op with the survivors on the plane. I can't believe no one there has the common sense to get these victims to a hospital first before all this visits!

Alfred Kamara
19th Sep 2006, 20:20
May their souls rest in Peace.