PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities in SA?

Pedsims
18th Sep 2006, 01:37
I Was born in SA but left when I was 4 years of age to Canada and have been here since. There are alot of opportunities in aviation here Canada, but Im very curious as to how the industry is shapping up over there.

Is it tough to get a job for one who has 1000TT, Multi engine/IFR and Seaplane rating???

Is it difficult to obtain a work permit?

I'm Currently a flight instructor working out of Toronto. This is the typical route for pilots in Canada where you obtain your CPL, then instruct or fly floats until you hit about 1000 hrs where you then move on to a light twin or a single turbine A/c such as a pc-12. Then when you've hit about 2500TT with a min of 500 Multi PIC the airlines will then start looking at you.. Is this also typical in SA and other african nations. In all the industry is booming in Canada at the moment, Im just curious if thats the same in Africa as well.

Any imput at all would be great! Thanks!

JetPark
18th Sep 2006, 06:54
My friend, without being rude, I would strongly suggest that you stay right where you are. Proudly South African as I am, there is no way on earth that you can begin to compare aviation in North America with that of Africa. The route you follow is not unlike the way it is done here by young CPL holders. Unless you particularly want some experience abroad, I would stick with what you have :ok: