PDA

View Full Version : Excel

Steven82
17th Sep 2006, 17:36
:confused: Hi guys!

I left a low fare Airline to join XL in LGW but dont really know what s happening within the company :confused:

We r going to get re branded next month to XL.com with a new uniform and also not gonna do meals anymore on short haul and also start charging for pillows & bankets!!!

Also heard that we r going to do some caribbean routes and Orlando this winter on 767 (Is xl gonna make it on that fleet?)

What s going on with this airline????

air2bob
18th Sep 2006, 12:39
we sell pillows and blankets on shorthaul at first choice so it's NOT a new thing!!!!!!

glider12000
18th Sep 2006, 14:42
Hi there,

If you check the Forum and intranet log in you`ll see the majority of what is happening.

Obviously it`s been a difficult year, especially on the 767s, but at least the management are doing something about it.

The pillows and blankets thing will be a good move, the number of people who ask for them is good, and if other airlines are charging then it wouldn`t be out of place for us to do the same, especially when the majority of people take them off with them. Also if we are catered with more, it mean more people will be happy. I can walk half way along the cabin doing final secure and have 20 people ask for pillows and blankets, so being able to keep the passengers happy is the priority for us and the company, and like with most things, if you want extra you should have to pay for it.

I was in Bahrain so was unable to attend the meetings this week, but would have liked to have attended. It is a bit of a transistion period at the moment, but should i be kept on in November i`ll work through the hard times, as I know that once they have been sorted the airline should be in a lot stronger position.

Steve