PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Auckland Airport?

pilotwannabe
17th Sep 2006, 11:16
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but do any of you know if there are any part jobs for a 17 year old at Auckland International airport this summer?

If so, how would I go about applying for it? I already work part time in the evenings at Foodtown if this helps…

Cheers,
Andrew

Cloud Cutter
17th Sep 2006, 22:39
Hi Andrew

They're always looking for aircraft loaders. I'm not sure, but I think they may be employed directly be the airport company (AIAL). If not, they should be able to point you in the right direction (they should be in the phone book).

Otherwise, you could look at check-in for Air NZ or Qantas. Air NZ are currently recruiting permanent part-time CSAs (customer service agents) for Auckland International and Domestic. Take a look at the careers section of their website.

Hope that helps.
Good luck :ok:

DeltaT
18th Sep 2006, 04:04
There have been a few ads I have seen recently asking for baggage handlers etc. Check your local area newspaper/gazette.
There is also a current ad on the Air NZ website for casual service people.

Sqwark2000
18th Sep 2006, 04:31
Most of Air NZ's groundstaff are employed by an internal company of the AirNZ Group called "terminal Services". Have a look for them in the phone book.

I know they hire students over the school holidays at the domestic terminal as ground assistant's, doing meet and assist's for passengers, delivery and collection of unaccompanied minors to/from aircraft etc...

The other thing is to go to the Domestic Terminal and introduce yourself to the Duty Manager (there's always one of them there) and ask about how you get a job there. That's what I did when I was made redundant from the bank and was looking for part time work whilst the bank paid for my instructor rating :ok: Got a job the next day after speaking to the DM.

Other option, as the others have already mentioned, check out the " About Us" link on the main web page and click on "careers"

Good Luck

S2K

pilotwannabe
18th Sep 2006, 04:45
Thanks for all the info guys,

I'll look up terminal services. cheers!

slamer.
18th Sep 2006, 04:49
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/39/McDonald%27s_Logo.svg/225px-McDonald%27s_Logo.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:McDonald%27s_Logo.svg)

You'll make the contacts from there ........:ok:

sir.pratt
18th Sep 2006, 04:57
http://www.airnz.co.nz/aboutus/careers/default.htm

i'd go for the airnz connection instead of the baggage handler

Speeds high
18th Sep 2006, 19:28
When you get your job there dont be afraid to stick your nose through the door and say hello.

pilotwannabe
20th Sep 2006, 04:11
Thanks for the further replys.

I have recieved an e-mail from the airport asking me to send them my C.V. in as they hire students in the holidays. I have just replied with my attatched document.

ZK-DAN, do you have contact details for 'Airport Safety Officers' or 'Air Centre One and Skycare/Air National' ?

Speeds high- where would I find you to come and say hi?

pilotwannabe
12th Jan 2008, 08:30
Time to update this thread- I’ve turned 18 and completed high school now, still mad keen on becoming a pilot. I’m going on an OE trip to the UK in July/August and am looking for full time employment at the airport until then if possible.. once again, could anyone point me in the right direction please?

I’ve already contacted Air NZ and sent them my CV and have been sitting on their waiting list for a while.

Cheers! :ok: