PDA

View Full Version : Pilatus Porter PC-6 Training

unclebugs
17th Sep 2006, 05:08
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I am seeking advice, information and/or recommendations about obtaining training and experience on the Pilatus Porter PC-6. I have set myself a career goal aimed towards flying for an organisation or company that employ's this aircraft type and would like to build my aviation experience and skills towards this.

I am finding it very difficult to obtain information about this subject. I am a new member to this forum hoping to get some recommendations from those that may have worked on this A/C type.

As an Australian there are no PC-6's currently operated here. Gaining time on type will therefore be a very difficult challange indeed. If any members of this forum have choosen a career path similar to one that I am seeking and could pass on any advice it would be appreciated.

I have found one organisation that offers employment on this aircraft however they require 500hrs PIC on type.

Thanks

BlueRobin
17th Sep 2006, 16:23
Why do you specifically want to fly a Turbo Porter? :confused: Seems a bit restrictive, even in meat-bombing circles!!!

papazulu
17th Sep 2006, 17:43
Don't know much about Oz but sure you can find some direction from www.pc-6.com (http://www.pc-6.com)

I guess you might post a request of training infos or get in tough with other downunder Pilo drivers.

Wish U good luck

PZ :ok:

PS: Porter being restrictive????? No rivals in this jos, I guess...!

A2QFI
17th Sep 2006, 17:48
As a guest, browsing thru the site, I have to say that if there aren't any PC 6s in Oz, on which you can train, then there aren't going to be any there to fly when you are qualified, or have I missed something?

Link to NZ PC 6 flying at

http://www.mtcookskiplanes.com/profile.htm

markflyer6580
17th Sep 2006, 17:53
Air America?:}

unclebugs
17th Sep 2006, 21:04
Papazulu, thankyou for your note, I was seeking more so for assistance and input rather than questioning of my personal A/C choice etc. Specifiying a particular A/C is restrictive, I agree yet it's not mandatory but just a desire to fly one.
As for A/C in Australia available to fly, again opportunities are nil at present. I'm hoping that with the necessary time on type and experience etc that opportunities elsewhere will be made available. Getting the time on this type or any aircraft seems to be the crux. Appreciate the NZ link. Cheers.

papazulu
18th Sep 2006, 20:52
If you decide to have a try in EU (I wonder which licence you hold, but if you can get a UK CAA it would be fine...) I can say that getting the Pilo ticket is gonna be easy as I have contacts with CRI/CRE in France and Spain and Italy too, so make up your mind. Of coure if there are not porters downunder...:{

Take care

PZ :ok: