PDA

View Full Version : Ejection History -

mikebennett
15th Sep 2006, 11:26
Dear Forum Members,

I have been permitted to place a request on the PPRUNE FORUM concerning my website.

www.ejection-history.org.uk

Many of you will already know of the of its existance. The site is updated and amended, usually daily.

PLEASE if you can ever add anything to the information about any ejection, such as a correction, or even better IF YOU or a colleague EJECTED and can provide a photo
Contact me so that I can make the chronicle more informative, historically accurate and a tribute to everyone involved.
If you are now flying with an airline and have knowledge of a fellow pilot who ejected (any Air or Naval or Army Air Force) can you pass on my name and project details.

If you have any (practical) suggestions on how you would like to see the website improved - or if you think something should go onto the website - again PLEASE do contact me.

I try to keep the website up to date and also spend a lot of time updating semi finished pages.

With a project of this size errors do creep in - also I can only get the information that is available in the public domain.

Due to many reasons (mainly legal and confidentiallity) NO COMPANY can give out ejection details, even to verify historic information.

Where there has been a fatality involved I always try to be sensitive to those who may come across my website - I spend a great deal of effort trying to make contact with relatives to ensure they do not come across a loved one's details without prior knowledge and when they do see the information that it is appropriate and has their approval.

One source of photos has to be old Squadron books and Cruise Books - but these are so numerous, and usually not widely available. If you own such a book and have knowledge that one of the illustrated crew has ejected could you please let me know and where possible provide a scan.

I apologise for the long request but wanted to ensure that this request reaches as many people as possible without breaking the rules of multiple postings. Can I also thank the Forum for all their previous help and support

I remain
with respect
Mike Bennett
Tamworth, England
Project Get Out and Walk

mikebennett
3rd Oct 2006, 23:04
Dear Forum Members
Please, Can anyone add details on the following Sea Hawk losses
January 1954 -
pilot, Mr Gregson
at FRU, Hern.
25th July 1962
RN
Airwork
FRU Sea Hawk WV919
"uncoded"
using call‑sign 'R/T726',
touch‑down accident
pilot Mr. A. Rhodes
12th November 1965
RN
Airwork
FRU Sea Hawk FGA6 XF459/030 Airwork
Crashed near Hawley Lake (near Cove) Hampshire
pilot Mr. J. Mullins
I have compiled a list available for viewing at
http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/SeaHawk.htm
and any extra information - amendments would be appreciated.
The German Marinefliegergeschwader appear to have lost over 20 Sea Hawks, but I cannot find reference to any ejections.
Similarly the Dutch Navy lost either 3 or 4 Sea Hawks out of the 22 they received. Can anyone help add details to whether any pilots ejected
Any help really appreciated.
Regards
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk