PDA

View Full Version : Bridging couses EASIEST and QUICKEST.

The Monst.
16th Sep 2006, 00:06
G'day all.
I've done a search. I need up-to-date information, and I need it literally YESTERDAY. I have a list of the available Qantas approved bridging courses. I need to know any others that exsit that may be acceptable to QF. I need to know the cheepest and EASIEST/QUICKEST bridging course for Maths, English and Physics. I have just become jobless and am available full time to get it all done as quickly as I can.
Thanks heaps. All the best to all in this time of high movement of airline jobs.
Monst.

Capt. Crocodile
16th Sep 2006, 07:51
I did maths & physics by correspondence at Central Queensland University about 4 years ago. It's not too hard but you may struggle a bit doing it correspondence if you have no prior exposure to year 12 maths/physics. It cost about $240 for the course and materials back then. Good luck!

The Bullwinkle
16th Sep 2006, 08:10
I also did Maths and Physics through CQU, and they were both affordable and easily achievable.

max autobrakes
16th Sep 2006, 08:50
What's it for ?
An AAE awa? :}

The Bullwinkle
16th Sep 2006, 10:37
What's it for ? An AAE awa?
I did them because I never completed year 12, and I just wanted to satisfy myself that I could do it!
Not everybody wants to get into QANTAS :ok:

MBA747
16th Sep 2006, 16:01
Do you really think doing an abridged course which really means the real minimum in those subjects will get you into QANTAS? Look around you academically you are at the bottom, if your only reason in doing these subjects is in the hope of getting into QANTAS don't waste your time. Spend your time enjoying yourself than hoping to make QANTAS with a short course in those subjects.

The Bullwinkle
17th Sep 2006, 00:19
Do you really think doing an abridged course which really means the real minimum in those subjects will get you into QANTAS? Look around you academically you are at the bottom, if your only reason in doing these subjects is in the hope of getting into QANTAS don't waste your time.
What a wonderfully positive post :*
I have several mates who have done one or both of these courses, and were successful in their application to QANTAS.
Good luck in your endeavours Monst

M.25
17th Sep 2006, 01:38
Do you really think doing an abridged course which really means the real minimum in those subjects will get you into QANTAS? Look around you academically you are at the bottom, if your only reason in doing these subjects is in the hope of getting into QANTAS don't waste your time. Spend your time enjoying yourself than hoping to make QANTAS with a short course in those subjects.

I also know people who have got into QANTAS after doing these courses. If you get offered skills/psych/sim testing and perform at the top of your class, there is no reason why they wouldn't offer you a job. :hmm:

Tempo
17th Sep 2006, 06:56
MBA747

Do you really think Qantas take any notice of an individuals performance in the subjects. They have these requirements (physics and maths completion) to simply have some sort of benchmark to cull applicants. Got to start somewhere.

In relation to the original post, I heard about a course in WA that could be done by externally that was really short and sweet. Sorry but I cant remember the name of the institution that offered it.

Good luck.

The Monst.
5th Oct 2006, 09:17
Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. I have narrowed my possibilities down to the WA course at Jandakot and the Brisbane course with the Doctor. I'm not being specific with the names because I don't want it to qualify as advertising. I'd like people to PM me as to their experiences with these two individual courses. They will both be completed at around the same time in December so I just want to know...well...basically, which one is easier? :)
Thanks again to all who have provided POSITIVE and MATURE posts. :ok:

oldschooljenko
5th Apr 2007, 02:43
G'day monster,
I'm just wondering how you got on with the course. I think I'm about to do the one in WA for physics. I'm hoping to do it as quickly as possible. Can anyone who has done it recently let me know time and cost.
Cheers
Jenko

rmcdonal
5th Apr 2007, 10:18
Give them a call. They will tell you exactly how long it takes and how much.
I did the maths course over in WA it took 7 days in the class room, and if you pay attention in the class it is easy to pass the exam.
If your in need of your certificate in a hurry then I recommend reminding them to send it, as there was a bit of delay last time.

novicef
6th Apr 2007, 09:00
Well I only did Year 11. Does that mean I can get the 5 VCE subjects in 35 days in the class room? RMC which school did you go to? The Maths and Physics are the hardest subjects, perhaps I can do the others in less time.

rmcdonal
6th Apr 2007, 11:43
Not to sure how long the other subjects take. I am fairly sure they don't cover everything in the High School syllabus for Maths. I already passed all my other High School Subjects except did the wrong type of Maths (good old Maths In the Sandpit). If you wanted a Y12 pass in everything then you would need to go to TAFE.
As for the fastest way of doing Maths there are only 2 courses that can be done in 7 days. One in WA, the other ins NSW. If you go to Brisbane your looking at a few weeks. If you just want to pass it do the quick courses, if you actually want to do the maths for your own enjoyment or self gratification then I think there is a course run by a University in Darwin that charges $5 but takes all year by distance ed.

transonic dragon
9th Apr 2007, 22:40

That you YesTAM? I just love misery guts people on forums like this! Makes everyone else seem so much happier. MBA747, I hope you make the grade too and someday get to fly a C210.

I also know people who have got into QANTAS after doing these courses. If you get offered skills/psych/sim testing and perform at the top of your class, there is no reason why they wouldn't offer you a job.
The Monst, I too know people who got into QF after bridging courses, and like a couple of other posters, they finished near or at the top of their classes during training, and have excelled in their careers since.

One bloke I know is now a QF B767 captain, one of the youngest ever to make that position (early 30s), though he left school after Year 10 due to unavoidable life circumstances. He worked as a tradesman and bush worker, but was blessed with motivation and diligence. He is now exactly where he wants to be. Attitude is everything.

Go for it mate, you deserve to get to your goal every bit as much as anyone else. Ignore the naysayers.

aircabbie
10th Apr 2007, 05:05
Just thought i would comment on the course from Darwin uni .

This is a FREE correspondance course . Maths takes a full semester as does English and Physics. I was contacted this morning by them so anyone looking for more info i would be happy to email you the stuff which i obtained today . :ok:

regards

Cabbie

Inbound On Descent
10th Apr 2007, 05:29
Hi Cabbie - yes please.

I've PM'ed my email address to you.

Many thanks

Inbound:ok:

ABX
10th Apr 2007, 08:01
Gudday Cabbie.

Mate I would be much obliged if you would PM me the details of the course too.:ok:

Cheers,

ABX

Inbound On Descent
12th Apr 2007, 05:31
have you got any definite info that the red rat and or ADF recognise this course ?

aircabbie
12th Apr 2007, 06:24
affirm guys Qantas where the ones that actually put me in contact with them . I have a list that the pilot recruitment chick emailed me for those who want it . PM me

cheers

ABX
13th Apr 2007, 08:06
Tried to reply to your PM but the system wouldn't let me ... something about you needing to delete old messages before you could recieve new ones ...

You must be popular Mate!

I'll try again later?

Cheers,

ABX

aircabbie
13th Apr 2007, 13:14
Sorry guys who have tried to PM i will get onto that ...

ABX - give it another go and i will get back to ya buddy .:ok:

ABX
8th Jun 2007, 09:26
Cabster,

You are golden mate, thanks for the emails, I have applied to the course and have my interview next week.:ok:

affirm guys Qantas where the ones that actually put me in contact with them . I have a list that the pilot recruitment chick emailed me for those who want it . PM me

Mate do you still have that list? I'd love you to email it to me if you do, just for future reference you know...:E

Thanks for all your help Cabbie.

ABX

Wilcome
8th Jun 2007, 09:55
When you do actually do the courses, what exams do you sit?

I will need to do the maths course eventually as i didnt do it at school. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to maths, but is it really THAT hard?

arrow28
8th Jun 2007, 13:49
Does anybody know the contact number of Dr. Steven Holding in BNE.? Need to do Maths and Physics. If it’s possible could you please PM me the info. Thanks

ABX
8th Jun 2007, 14:58
arrow, try www . arenaaviation . com . au

Cheers,

ABX

ABX
8th Jun 2007, 15:29
Erm, arrow, I had a thought after I posted my last and did a search here on Proon, it seems that Arena may have closed down...? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267116)

Found this here on Proon: (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149909&highlight=steven+holding)
Dr Steven Holding
Phone: 07 387 66 747
Courses: Mathematics 1
Venue: usually Brisbane: check with Dr Holding

Or try google old mate. (http://www.google.com)

jbr76
8th Jun 2007, 22:52
Hey Cabbie,

Ive pm'ed you for some info that you have :ok:

ABX
11th Jun 2007, 12:21
Steven Holding:

[email protected] ([email protected])

I have emailed him on this address and he has replied.

Good luck.

Wilcome
11th Jun 2007, 23:56
WAAC is the mob in WA.

chiqui
1st Aug 2011, 02:36
Hi was wondering if you still had the bridging course info, I know it was a while ago. If you do could you please email me the info. Thanks:):)

chiqui
1st Aug 2011, 02:53
I have seen some stuff written about a 7 day bridging course in Perth for math and english. Does this still exist and if it does could someone please PM me the details. Cheers:)