PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Pilot needed

thrust clb
15th Sep 2006, 22:36
Hi guys. I purchased a Piper Aztec C model based in Rockhampton. I will be needing someone to Ferry it up to Denpasar, Indonesia (Bali)..my regular pilot will then pick it up and bring it here in Manila. I estimate ferry date out of Rocky around oct 15.

Proposed route is Rocky-Cairns-Darwin-Kupang-Denpasar. Need someone with an Aztec endorsement,and at least 100 hours on type (insurance minimums). The aztec has 3-axis autopilot and long-range tanks (6.5hours). Trip should take about 3 days, plus you get to visit Bali, sounds like fun huh? Will pay for tickets , hotels plus your flying fee of course.

pm me please or email [email protected]. Thanks! Have a good week-end!

Ross Guballa
Frontier Aviation
Manila, Philippines
mobile +63 917 898 7572

gas-chamber
17th Sep 2006, 06:37
T.C., I would love to help you out, but regrettably am far too busy. Otherwise I'd do it just for old time's sake as it's 30 years since I flew an Aztec. However, it is interesting that you have had no takers. So much for young people willing to have a go and build some real twin time. And so much for old people who do have the time to relive their youth. Get some dual and do it yourself as it is not that scary in this GPS age.

Unhinged
17th Sep 2006, 07:24
So much for young people willing to have a go and build some real twin time. And so much for old people who do have the time to relive their youth. Get some dual and do it yourself as it is not that scary in this GPS age.
Not so, GC. You might have missed the insurance requirements. Not one of my current flying contacts would have 100 hours in an Aztec ...

Chimbu chuckles
17th Sep 2006, 07:31
A mate I put onto this has at least that, is available and has emailed the chap concerned:ok:

Jamair
17th Sep 2006, 09:33
In fact several people have replied via email as per instructed in the post (not the least being moi....ta Chuck!):ok:

thrust clb
17th Sep 2006, 23:13
Thanks guys for the great response. I've found a suitable guy to bring it over. G-C, i'd really love to do it myself but i'm just toooo busy.