PDA

View Full Version : Spanish JAR not welcome - Netjets? WHY

citation3
15th Sep 2006, 20:44
I was going to do my IFR and ME in Spain, but I read this:http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=s37af5kkt7wwbrenn4vkpephbh1mt7j6yh738ecpay9b bhmp76w
Was is going on? Am I going to loose my money? Somebody knows something about this? It`s not recognize in the world? :confused:

nosewheelfirst
16th Sep 2006, 10:09
I know of few guys with Spannish JAR licences who have had problems with the Spannisg CAA when it comes to adding ratings etc to their licences that were completed outside of Spain. In one guys case it took them two months to add an A320 rating. They required photocopies of all the instructors licences, the Sims certificate and pretty much everything else that was not nailed down. They also told another guy that he should have asked permision from them to complete the type rating outside of the Spannish JAA. Spain seems to be one of these countries that has not taken the full concept of JAA on :ugh: I guess thats why some companies want to avoid Spannish Licences, theyre more hastle than its worth. Of course you can always convert it to a UK Licence when you hve finished!

BlueRobin
16th Sep 2006, 10:44
I was going to do my IFR and ME in Spain, but I read this:http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=s37af5kkt7wwbrenn4vkpephbh1mt7j6yh738ecpay9b bhmp76w
Was is going on? Am I going to loose my money? Somebody knows something about this? It`s not recognize in the world? :confused:

Note the word "licence" not welcomed, was your licence issued in Spain?

Are we to re-iterate the definition of a licence and rating all over again? ;)

crap pilot
16th Sep 2006, 10:48
The link states that Spannish JAR licences are not welcomed but no mention of ratings. The ME/IR is a rating that will be added to your UK JAR licence.

nosewheelfirst
16th Sep 2006, 13:19
Yip if your on a UK Licence then no probs as the CAA will issue the IR and ME but as Netjets look to do the ratings in the US they are probably having problems with the Spanish when it comes to issuing the type rating.

count dingleberry
16th Sep 2006, 17:04
Spain seems to be one of these countries that has not taken the full concept of JAA on :ugh: I guess thats why some companies want to avoid Spannish Licences, theyre more hastle than its worth. Of course you can always convert it to a UK Licence when you hve finished!

are you joking? I have a UK licence and did my type rating in germany, had to send all kinds of bulls**t before they finally (kindly:D ) granted me the piece of paper 2.5 months later. Although my credit card was charged the same day they received the application.:=

You brits need a reality check:ok:

152wiseguy
16th Sep 2006, 18:18
c d, did you call them first to check what kinds of bulls**t they wanted to issue your rating. I also have a UK licence and have completed two type ratings outside the UK. Both times a quick (ok maybe not so quick what with the long time spent on hold) call to Gatwick confirmed what additional paperwork was required before sending it off. Both times they issued the rating just as quickly as my colleagues dealing with their local CAA, about two weeks. Having said that I think most countries Civil Aviation Authorities leave a lot to be desired inthe customer service department especially considering the never ending price rises.

Hour Builder
16th Sep 2006, 20:52
are you joking? I have a UK licence and did my type rating in germany, had to send all kinds of bulls**t before they finally (kindly:D ) granted me the piece of paper 2.5 months later. Although my credit card was charged the same day they received the application.:=
You brits need a reality check:ok:

Kind of on the same note as 152wiseguy. Chances are they did inform you as it only takes 2 weeks to issue/reject an application. if you don't get your licence pages through, you get a letter explaining why.

It is after all your responsibility if doing a type rating in another JAA state, to provide evidence to the CAA that the FTO, TRE blah blah is all approved.

Of course they charge your credit card first. They are not going to issue your rating only to find out you cant afford to pay for it.

TwoDeadDogs
16th Sep 2006, 21:59
Hi all
I had exactly the same grief with the IAA, word for word; trainer's approvals and quals, sims approvals, examiners' approval,etc, even though they were getting at least two Irish guys a week thru the same school, so that each guy was submitting copies of the same approvals over and over and over again.They must wallpaper their offices with them.I am convinced that this is each Authority's way of showing that they still call the shots at home.They are only paying lip-service to trans-European equality.Wanchors!
regards
TDD