PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar starting NZ domestic

Bombay
15th Sep 2006, 09:33
I hear Jetstar are on the verge of starting NZ domestic runs. Any comments?

This can't be good for Jetconnect. Haven't they been recently hiring?

Bombay

Fred Basset
15th Sep 2006, 11:54
The 733 or 734 is a better size than a A320.

How about a 717 for NZ domestic then it would be more difficult to fly it across the Tasman to do other routes.

What about all the passengers who transfer to services to Australia and the long flight to LAX.

It will probably happen just not yet, this year or next.

bne019
15th Sep 2006, 11:59
Where exactly would they source the A320s required for such an operation also, wouldn't the aircraft be too big for many of the routes (capacity wise :hmm:)

Perhaps you need to rename your title "Jetstar starting NZ domestic (?)"

Can't see it happening... although, happy to be proved wrong!

ZK-DAN
15th Sep 2006, 23:45
I would assume Jet* would get some A320's that would be surplus to AirNZ if and when the code-share arrangement comes into place between AirNZ and QF. I've heard from various "sources" that 4 A320's would be surplus if it goes ahead.

Pete Conrad
16th Sep 2006, 01:59
This has been rumour since day one insofar as Jetstar in NZ. The rumour appears to eminate out of the Christchurch Jetstar base and a certain Jetstar airport manager in Christchurch who likes to feather their own nest and put out allot of spin, 99% of it just to make oneself feel better and vindicate why they have ended up in Jetstar NZ the other 1% being just crap they get from the toilet walls. There is no substance to it.

It's like everything else Jetstar, they put out allot of spin based on the fact that everything they hear about themselves is positive, so it's only natural that they believe they are taking the world over.

B A Lert
16th Sep 2006, 02:14
The race to the bottom is almost run and won!

Pete Conrad
16th Sep 2006, 04:26
Lets not also forget the reason Jetstar got the Tasman flying. It was in no way linked to saving dollars, it was pure political. The JPC were promised a pay rise after 12 months of Jetstar, TJ said no..and if you don't roll over the EBA, you wont get the Tasman flying. RH and the JPC went running to the troops like stuck pigs bleating...voila! We have JQ on the Tasman.

Not everything is about Jetstar saving money. It's about Dixon trying to use it as a vehicle to undermine Qantas.

flyingins
16th Sep 2006, 05:01
Or alternatively, Pete, perhaps the real source of the speculation came from Jetstar's own Manager of Commercial who, when interviewed by one of CHC's newspapers in June, made absolutley no bones about JQ's intent to operate NZ domestic services if it proved to be financially lucrative.

So instead of slandering the reputation of certain individual Jetstar staff (a different approach for you - usually you slander us en masse), perhaps you should put down the hip-flask and take the time to do your homework.

Once again a QF pilot proves to be his own worst enemy. Keep 'em coming Conrad!

Pete Conrad
16th Sep 2006, 05:16
mmm lets see, CHC reporter asks Jetstar spin doctor....do you think one day Jetstar will be operating domestic NZ?...Spin doctor says...of course, it's inevitable.....your just typical gins of what your mob are all about. You hear it enough and you will start to believe it. Fact is, your mob have looked at domestic NZ ops, early this year in fact...only to find no money to be made from it..Homework done Flyingins!!!

flyingins
16th Sep 2006, 05:25
Like you yourself said, though, Pete - often it's not money Qantas cares about but politics.

Easy to make that point without throwing mud at individuals. Try it sometime.

P.S - WRT hearing something often enough so that I actually believe it, I think the same applies to that old chestnut; "Welcome to the company. You are in the top 2% of pilots in Australia." <repeat ad-nauseum>. Always sure to turn even the most humble person into an arrogant, sanctimonious twit.

Pete Conrad
16th Sep 2006, 05:38
I wouldn't lecture me on sanctimonious stuff gins...I think you should ask some of our Jetconnect bretheren the crap they heard when Jetstar took over..things like, oh well, we are Jetstar and we deserve the flying etc etc. You want to throw mud and be holier than thou gins?..spare a thought for the ones who have to hear all the crap that comes from the Jetstar spin doctors that may very well affect the livelihoods of these honest hard working staff that have already lost their job with AN collapsing.