PDA

View Full Version : I know everyone hates americans, but...

TRF4EVR
14th Sep 2006, 20:00
what would you do without a few around to hate?

What sort of opportunities are available for a dirty American w/FAA Comm SEL, ATP MEL, 3000TT, 700 MEL, 500 Turbine, 250 Turbine PIC...experience on C210, Baron, Beech 1900? In africa, I mean. Particularly interested in Uganda. Pretend I know absolutely nothing about African Aviation. Because I don't.

Thank you in advance,
TRF

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Sep 2006, 20:11
Everybody?:suspect:

Give AirServ a call. They're based in the US and have a facility in Entebbe, operating all over that part of the world,.

SADDLER
14th Sep 2006, 22:58
Wrong i dont

B Sousa
14th Sep 2006, 23:19
I also like Americans, albeit after what I see lately they probably should get out of the war business. They are so hamstrung they cant fight anymore....................but
Are you sure you want to fly in Africa?? Cant you find something that will keep you from Starving in the states. I mean if your in Santa Fe, you have some seious expenses, not many of which you can resolve in Africa.
Beyond all the other stuff, there are some serious Health concerns over thataway.........I mean like fatal stuff.
Not like getting some thing at the Herpes Triangle in Santa Fe.
I suggest that if you are serious you make a few friends on this website and then take a vacation over there. You may find that things are not so bad even though NM is a democratic state.
I fly over there once in a While. SRT can also vouch for me that the Beer is good........Right SRT??
PM if I can help, I dont want to offend any who post here.

Solid Rust Twotter
15th Sep 2006, 05:30
...the Beer is good.....

Not in EBB so much, although it's probably a lot better than in a number of other places.:ok:

If you have your heart set on working in Uganda, AirServ is your best bet with Naturelink in SA another good option, as they do some work for AirServ. A number of other companies are based out of FALA and have operations all over Africa and the ME.

nozzle
15th Sep 2006, 21:13
Why whats wrong with Americans Viva Bush his doing a very good job there

HSInop
17th Sep 2006, 05:44
my time there in africa and other parts of the world I have found being friends with the americans a bit more challanging than with the other Xpats. Even though being american they seem to be a bit too stand offish and all things back stabbers (just two that I know). the south africans that I have worked with were a wonderful experience and also the locals. I have found that working in a non-american enviroment is the best thing that you may find. the french are a really cool bunch of mates and adventurous. Just leaving africa last week I ran into some of the Airserv guys at a drinking hole the night before and I was given the cold shoulder. I bought a couple of cold beers and joind my friends at the french table. but the real deal here is that its your personallity and how you adapt to your surroundings. My copilot flew for Airserv and the storys he tells me. Drama Drama Drama. he too has no hate or ill feeling to the US xpats but we both hang with the same groups. Life is about enjoying the ones around you and having fun. this week I am going back to Alaska to see friends and family and hope to get some good ice fishing in. but I do have to say that the naturelink and airserv guys are really good at what they do. if you are still interested here is the site. www.airserv.org (http://www.airserv.org)

B Sousa
17th Sep 2006, 16:25
"this week I am going back to Alaska to see friends and family and hope to get some good ice fishing in. "

"I have found that working in a non-american enviroment is the best thing that you may find."

"Even though being american they seem to be a bit too stand offish and all things back stabbers"

Glad there are none who fit that bill in Africa............May you happily find acres of thin Ice. Hope you dont visit the Kenai.

HSInop
20th Sep 2006, 09:12
B Sousa, I do have to agree with you on the BEER. Please don't get me wrong. There are clicks and then there is hospitality. Overall I have found the non-americans more relaxed. the two that were back stabbers went home just after a nine months in the field, one in India and the other in Niger and to make it worst was that they were non flyers. When I met my co-pilot, he approached me for other employment and we hit it off. Been with me for three years now. with global warming I am sure to find that thin ice. Thanks for the best wishes. :ouch:

fluffyfan
20th Sep 2006, 11:13
you could try Norse Air, unfortunatley no contact details but they operate all over, a large contract in Afganistan at the moment, think they fly some N reg aircraft as well, dont think there is anything in Uganda with them, but why Uganda anyway?

TRF4EVR
24th Sep 2006, 13:17
Thanks for all of the responses. I'll keep an eye on airserv, although the website says they're not hiring right now. Uganda because I know some people there. Location isn't that important.

As for Muricans, I've lived a few other places. We're mostly like other people. That's the unglamourous truth, but like I say, where would we be without the fun of stereotyping?

Thanks again.