PDA

View Full Version : Flybe

flystarboy
14th Sep 2006, 18:25
Am toying with the idea of applying for one of their Cabin crew Management positions.
Having been around the block for more years than I care to divulge (!) just wanted an honest opinion as to how they work. ie what is their current managemant ethos?. Currently working for a UK L/H carrier.:ugh: Have had previous experience in managing S/H crew etc.:) If you dont want to publicly divulge the info pls PM me.:ok:
Thanx FSB

han1
17th Sep 2006, 14:40
i currently work for flybe. they are a good company who have come a long way, from what i can tell as a normal crew member i don't think the management get treated particularly well. I know in Exeter previous managers have been demoted and their jobs have been offered to outsiders. I am not sure why this was. But we are in serious need of good management and someone who the crew can talk to and feel they can work with not against which is what it is like at the moment and if you are someone that would do that definately apply:)

flydani
17th Sep 2006, 21:21
I have recently left flybe after doing several years at the base in HQ, and am now flying for a l/h carrier. The company has dramatically changed in the last three years that I was there. The management that had been in place for many years when the company was very small were left in place and either didnt have the skills or were not offered the training to keep up with the pace and size of the expanding company.

The immediate management where i was were very inefficeint, as the previous poster said have just been demonted which had a lot to do with the crew. From a crew perspective it was awful, the roster changed on a dailt basis, you were constantly working into days off and called on every standby. Management and crewing are extrememly unhelpful if you need any favours and i was told several times that if i did not stay to cover extra flights it would be my fault that the aircraft did not leave!!

From a management point of view the crew wanted some one they could talk to and ait their views and that kept in touch with them. We would always mention problems we had at work ie with catering and were never given any feedback. Also many of the crew have been there for a long time and lots are great but there are also a fair number who think the company owe them a living and complaining about the compnay is a hobby which can greatly demoralise the crew who are at least trying to enjoy their jobs.

If you are organised and enjoy a challenge but can also be symapthetic with crew who work very hard with tech a/c and poor cathering the job will be great for you, good luck.

757girl
11th Oct 2006, 17:35
Hi all, i've just applied to Flybe and want to know what crew think of the company and what to expect at the interview. Already been through the process for other airlines so already know how some of them work. Can anyone tell me what the pay is like and if the rostering is stable re hours and shift changes etc?

pebbles4308
17th Oct 2006, 10:24
Hi there

I currently work for flybe and i am leaving next month! with regard to rosters, well where do i start we get given one on the 20th of each month and put it this way last week i did not even work what it stated on my roster.... You arrive for a 8hour duty then to be told you are being sent on a 14.30 day also i worked 27hours in two days last week! we have standbys but one never goes past that you DONT get called out. We constantly work into discretion and be made to operate additional flights.

Money?

Junior takes home around £1000-£1200 month senior £1300-£1500.

We are currently voting to get reginition for are T&G union, we need a union as flybe constantly breaks agreements, laws and rules!!!!

There are ten of us leaving are base this month and i am certain many more will follow (this is usual we loose at lest 2 a month)

Sorry to be so negative but this is how it is!!

captainyonder
16th Nov 2006, 14:32
I've sent off my CV, photo and covering letter (in email form!) this afternoon. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back and then interviewed?

Also I'm currently retraining as flight deck, would it be best not to mention this at interview?

Also what are they like with regards to recruiting from within? Are there many cabin crew who have moved to the flight deck?

Last but not least, what could I expect at SOU base? Good crowd? Old or young? Nightstops? Take home pay for a junior?

Cheers guys.

TeaAnyone21
22nd Nov 2006, 23:14
I have been crew for flybe as a CA3 for a couple of years now.

I think it all depends on which bas eyou want. From experience its the larger bases EXT, SOU, BHX that get most of the problems (and i am from one of them. Mainly i think its due to lack of c/c so if things go wrong pack your bags for a night out.

Money varies lowest for me is around £950 but picked up £1300 last month (BUSY!)

At the end of the day all i will say is this. I have worked for charter prior to Flybe and the grass is definately not greener over there. If you want a stable job come to us. We have fantastic crew and you are 99.9% guaranteed a laugh every day. Yes you work hard but on the whole I have found its worth it.

j41cac
13th Apr 2008, 02:16
Flybe making big impression on the IOM so thinking about applying :cool:.

A few airlines feeling it as they've dropped some schedules, re price over there, others cannot compete!

I work for one of those airlines and have done for 4 years, what are my chances? Is the course intense or laid back? Also, how's the money, I mean basic and after Tax on comission?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

JobsaGoodun
13th Apr 2008, 12:07
j41cac - I'm a little perplexed by your post. You say that you are thinking of applying to Flybe and yet your posts over the past week point towards a disapproval towards Flybe.

FlyMaybe might not be threat to Eastern after all. FlyMaybe don't build confidence in their punters, canx here and there and leaving everyone running round with their heads in their hands :mad:....

Why would you want to work for a company that you hold such respect for?