PDA

View Full Version : Virgin, Flybe and Luggage Allowances

NWSRG
14th Sep 2006, 18:10
Folks,

I'm heading off on honeymoon from Belfast to Gatwick with Flybe and on to Orlando with Virgin...

Now the Virgin luggage allowance is 23kg for each of two bags per person, or 46kg total per person.

The Flybe allowance is only 20kg per person...

Now the travel agent has told me that Flybe will allow me to take Virgin allowances on their flights, given that everything was booked through Virgin. I'm not so sure...

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks in anticipation...

JobsaGoodun
14th Sep 2006, 21:50
Generally it will be dependant on how your booking is ticketed.

If your travel agent has one booking for you via Virgin Holidays for example and you have used the facilty to add on the Belfast sectors as indicated in thr Virgin brochure then Flybe will most likely authorise the Virgin allowance.

Generally speaking though if separate bookings have been made (often cheaper) then the connecting airline may be less likely to honour the onward allowance.

Have a word with Flybe but I expect they will allow you the onward allowance if you can prove that you have an onward ticket on Virgin. They are pretty good like that for experience. Unlike almost all other low costs, Flybe is still a part of IATA and therefore is governed by conditions that neither Easyjet nor Ryanair have to bother with.

hushkit77
14th Sep 2006, 21:52
check out this page...... link to advertising

you are in fact allowed 25kg on Flybe now......if that helps any!!

as above, if you have your onward tickets, they shouldn't have a problem, though best to call in advance I'd say.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

lexxity
15th Sep 2006, 08:03
The onward baggae allowance only now applies to through tickets. That is tickets booked on one carriers IATA code. Check with your travel agent that they have ticketed you properly.

Theother point is virgin will allow you 2 x 23kgs each, but flybe will only allow you 25kgs max each.

Make sure that you are on a through ticket to avoid any problems.

Have a nice honeymoon.

CHIVILCOY
15th Sep 2006, 11:00
If it's all on the one ticket, no problem whatsover as your bags should get checked right through from Belfast to Orlando.
I used to go Air France to Buenos Aires a lot from GLA-BHX-CDG using FlyBe and their was never a problem even with about three pieces of heavy luggage as it was all on one ticket.
I also got a refreshment voucher given to me at checkin as well:ok:

NWSRG
23rd Sep 2006, 13:30
Folks,

Thanks for all the replies...

I look forward to recieving my tickets and seeing whether it is a through booking or not!

Smiliesam
28th Sep 2006, 19:59
Do be careful. Might just be me but every time I fly out of the UK, I am OK for weight, but when I return, I am always over. Sydney is a case (pardon pun) in point. I came back with exactly the same weight but was told it was too heavy . Result; well lets just say I had no laundry to do when I got home.........