PDA

View Full Version : FAA airlines flying in Europe

ACIDO
14th Sep 2006, 16:52
Hi!I'm an Italian guy that wants to become a professional pilot in Europe. The problem is that I join FAA medical requirements but probably not JAA ones.

Does anybody know if there is any airline with a base in Europe that flies with aircraft registered in USA and then requires FAA medical first class certificate?

Thanx

Bye

ACIDO

captjns
15th Sep 2006, 00:17
The problem is that I join FAA medical requirements but probably not JAA ones.

I don't know what you mean by joining an FAA medical:ugh:

Deano777
15th Sep 2006, 07:21
captjns I think you're just being pedantic, he obviously means he "meets" FAA medical requirements and not JAA

captjns
15th Sep 2006, 11:16
captjns I think you're just being pedantic, he obviously means he "meets" FAA medical requirements and not JAA

Spare the snotty remarks and save your keyboard from useless keystrokes Deano, unless you are ACIDO’s attorney… unless you enjoy reading your own posts.

I did not understand the gentleman’s question… plain and simple.

Next time… try a bit of courtesy. It works a lot better than sarcasm.

To ACIDO - The medical requirements are the same for both an FAA and JAA first class medical.

IRISHPILOT
15th Sep 2006, 11:46
Hello Acido,
Of course the requirements for those two medicals are very different, but you know that. Do the FAA medical here in Milan, then shop around with the different CAAs in JAA land. - Some may accept your FAA medical and then you do a renewal only, not an initial, where the requirements are significantly lower.

With regards to your questions wether there are pilots based in Europe flying on FAA licences: yes, there are quite a few, however these are mostly the large American companies and only on longhaul aircraft, so it would be almost impossible to get into them. - A few small operators with business jets, but difficult too.

Try the route with the medicals, the CAAs all handle the JARs differently.