PDA

View Full Version : Tiger or J*Asia

sfdreaming
14th Sep 2006, 13:37
Can anyone give me some advice on which to go for?

Am moving to Singapore from UK in December and know the above two are hiring...

Heard some rumours about both... Can anyone shed light on rumours, mainly about J*, havent heard much about Tiger

1) I hear J*Asia is paying better than tiger is this true? any rough estimates for fo's
2) Is new CEO of J*Asia doing ethnic cleansing and getting rid of the whities? am british - will this be a problem?
3) How is moral in both airlines?
4) what is financial viability of J*Asia- rumour is Qantas may pull plug.
5) Hear new CEO at J* is a bit loopy... Does she have much to do with flying business? Loopy is ok as long as we left alone.
6) What are chances of command with each?
7) what are chances of either getting widebodies? Rumour is that QF may throw A330's at J*.

Appreciate alls help.

podbreak
14th Sep 2006, 14:05
1) They are both pretty much on par from what i hear.
2) Jetstar is now one company, all falling under Alan Joyce, there hasn't been any indication of anti-whitey-ness, however for singapore based pilots they do look favourably on increasing their local propotion of workforce. If you have experience it will put you in good stead, especially as an english speaking person.
3) Moral? wouldn't have a clue bout Tiger, but theres quite a few ex-ansett folks at J*, and as QF is the parent you do the math (keeping in mind some of these guys were very experienced skippers who became SOs in QF) but overall i hear its not too bad.
4) QF aren't pulling the plug, as i say, they've combined it into one company, it'll just become the J* singapore base (something QF couldn't get off the ground for mainline).
5) Alan Joyce. Enough said.
6) Dunno
7) J* will operate A330s from the end of the year, but all out of oz, so you'd be connecting with them, not flying them. However, the vision is that singapore will become a larger J* base, and so by the time the 787s arrive there may well be some based in Singapore.

Hope this is of some help, know a few ppl inside so PM if you want more info :ok: