PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue

TightSlot
14th Sep 2006, 08:51
The Virgin Blue Thread

SkySista
15th Sep 2006, 02:23
FYD, I thin they mean that you can't go to the loo during service or when you are required by pax... I'm sure if youre absolutely needing to go you have no choice but to... but often it just seems to be that you gotta hold it until the turnaround, and make a lightning visit then!! :}

adam_ant
15th Sep 2006, 02:51
Virgin has 3 toilets on board and cc are allowed to use them whenever they need to, though at times you won't ever seem to find the time no matter how badly you need to go.:ooh:

seektofly
15th Sep 2006, 03:33
:ok: Hi guys,

As your latest member of Crew, I want to clear up a few questions that you have posted up above.

FYD, you can go to the toilet whenever you need to hun. You are released out of the crew jump seat before all the passengers can get up, so if you need to go, this is a good time to go - when everyone else is setting up for the service. I have the bladder the size of a walnut, so I am always running to the loo. Obviously if you in the aisle on the end of a cart - and serving passengers, that wouldn't be the best time to decide that you really really had to go! :p Once the service is over too, you can go to the loo - who ever told you that you couldn't go while the flight was in progress was pulling your leg. I have never in my years of aviation been told not to go to the loo. If someone does tell you that you can't go - then tell them that they will have a very smelly mess on their hands if that is the case :yuk: .

Also, if you have long hair, you must wear it in a ponytail or a bun or a french roll. If it is in a ponytail, the ponytail must not be more than 30 cm's long. They WILL measure it if they think that it is getting close to that length. Colour must be natural, and no roots obvious. If you have blonde hair with black re-growth, they will not like that at all, and will tell you to go and get your hair coloured so that the re-growth is not really that noticeable.

As far as earrings is concerned only plain silver or gold studs are permitted - like the ones that they put on when they first pierce your ears. I know that this is a pain in the :mad: but that is what they want.

No necklaces at all. I have a gorgeous necklace that I thought would be appropriate for work but I can't wear it :{ .

Anyhow, have a great day. I am sorry our thread got closed - but obviously the Moderator didn't have anything better to do with him or herself. Honestly, some of the other threads were way way worse than ours! :oh:

Take care guys,

Disgruntled
STF ;)

PS: It looks like we will have to limit our "unrelated" gossip or banter to the PM's.

TightSlot
15th Sep 2006, 07:57
PS: It looks like we will have to limit our "unrelated" gossip or banter to the PM's.

Finally!!!... Somebody has got the message!!!

Iulia
15th Sep 2006, 13:30
LoL I don't think we're too bad... but if TightSlot thinks, therefore, he is :E

MNBluestater
16th Sep 2006, 05:48
Oh ok... well I will have to watch the amount of water I drink then hahahahaha:)

I hope that you're not serious or you will be in for some serious kidney problems (kidney stones) and confusion. Your brain needs water to function.

smile
16th Sep 2006, 05:48
HI guys,

At the risk of upsetting everyone can I suggest taking a quick look at TightSlot's comments and reasons behind the closure of the other two Virgin Blue threads.

TightSlot and the other moderators look after PPrune on a total volunteer basis; they do so in their own time and without pay. Whilst I am sure that being a Pprune moderator is a labour of love, there are other things that I am sure TightSlot would love to be doing instead of keeping the cabin crew forum a desirable place for all. Especially with the comments that have been directed because of the deletion of certain comments and the closure of the other threads.

Please remember that it doesn’t cost you to join PPrune, yet the information many of you have gathered has proven invaluable to getting your dream jobs as cabin crew. (I too fall into this category). So as guests of Danny (aka Captain Pprune) is it not so much as to comply with the few simple rules and requests he has laid out for us. And to be gracious guests by not being rude towards our hosts. :*

Remember as Virgin Blue cabin crew you are expected to display high levels of ‘Self Control’ and ‘Adaptability’- but I can tell you if this was my crew I would be handing out a few “development required”. := So lets all show some ‘Integrity’, apologise to TightSlot and get back to what you all started out doing so well.

The original Virgin Blue thread started by Iulia was fantastic; :D great information, new friendships formed and a really positive enjoyable read. Even though I have been a CS for a few years now it really gave me an insight into the minds of new crew, and motivated me all over again.

Well crew, fix up your lippy, put a smile on your face and lets get back to it!!

Love SMILE
:O

MNBluestater
16th Sep 2006, 05:50
i think the moderators are trying some new things with the thread system so don't sweat it, there are many other things in life to fret about.

MNBluestater
16th Sep 2006, 05:53
Well I got another email from Virgin today telling me where to go for training, uniform fitting etc. Is it weird that I am not jumping out of my seat??? I mean I am internally beside myself with happiness but I honestly don't think it has sunk in yet. My life is about to completely change and I don't I will really get it until training begins etc. I have been studying my welcome aboard booklet that you need to take to training with you, but I feel like I'm studying for an exam not studying to become a cc!!! So very weird... now that my dream has become a reality I don't know what to do with myshttp://www.cabincrew.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gifelf LOL.http://www.cabincrew.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif.

Also it says to go to gate 26... where about is that? I may have to take a drive over the weekend and suss it out.

Better to buckle down and study what they tell you to study. There will be plenty of (monotonous) time later in your career, this stage is all about continuing to make a good impression during training so that they don't weed you out.

SkySista
16th Sep 2006, 06:45
Like it or not guys, this IS Danny's sandpit... he makes the rules and the mods enforce them...

I guess what they are trying to do is reduce the amount of 'unnecesasary' posts; yes, it sucks, because our definition of 'relavant' may differ from theirs - BUT - Danny pays to run this site and the more 'irrelevant' stuff there is, the more $$$ he pays... sooo.... I guess what I'm trying to say is, put yourself in his shoes, would you want to pay $$$ so people can post whatever they want (not saying I agree that everything deleted was 'irrelevant'), BUT - it obviously fit into what Danny says is irrelevant, sooo....

Keep up the training diaries, guys, they are very informative, and please don't think I am 'having a go'... but I have been here a long time and I don't wish to see any of you banned or suspended for not following the 'rules' (whether we agree with them or not)

I participate in 'the other' forum and my suggestion is, if you think something might be 'irrelevant', or you want to plan a social event, head over there (and let us know via PM) as the mods don't mind a bit of social chatter - diffferent sort of playground!!

(TightSlot, no offense intended, please dont ban me!! :p :E :})

Ok and to keep it relevant...

STF, how long do they put you on airport reserve for? Is it different each time or is it a standard 'block' of hours?

Have a good day all!!

Sky

finallyofftheground
16th Sep 2006, 09:43
Hi Guys! :ok:

They generally put you on Airport Reserve for a block of 5 hours at a time.
If they don't call you out during those 5 hours, you are free to go home after that.

Take care ;)

Finally off the ground :E

Wingletts
16th Sep 2006, 12:14
And remember guys from another CS ...adaptability and self control are fine in the realm of living and breathing virign blue values,but just remember they recruited you for you, not for who they expect you to be .. you arent seals all performing the same tricks!

yeah sure being a flexible team member is fine, and knowing when to show discretion with certan situations is fine...but you are also humans with real emotions . you will have days where things go wrong and you show emotion and be who you really are..I
If you have a fair CS they should be able to evaluate you as a fabulous customer service professional and cc that gives everything to your job...and look at the person you really are...(ie what sort of background you come from your past profession, good herarted ..well meaning hard working..well mannnered..well spoken ..professional etc) and combine this knowledge with the competencies to form a fair assessment.. they should also talk to you before they make any real coment good or bad on your performance! that is the fair way to do things.:D
Behavioural competencies are all just fine but they often fail to miss one important thing ..the tangible and real you.Dont ever let yourself be branded unfairly by the system, and tell your CS if you feel you have done something great or feel you have something to offer..As CS's we cant have eyes in the back of our heads to see everything and are often extremely busy in that cabin.It should be a consultitive process and they will appreciate your input and ability to self evaluate.I know all CS's have their own style..but as crew communicating openly is always a great start in this team environment.

good luck guys:ok:

scoobydoodoo
16th Sep 2006, 16:04
Hello, I'm fairly new to this whole forum/thread stuff... does anyone here know much about the blue-starring that happens with Virgin Blue? I understand is some kind of recommendation made by a current cabin crew for a friend/family member.

whateva
17th Sep 2006, 05:21
To all you newbies out there who r about to commence ground school with virgin on monday, best of luck. i hope that it is what you have been looking for. If i can give you any advise it is to study hard, listen to what the trrainers have to say and always smile. Please make sure that your grooming is up to scratch, your phone is off during class and please please never be late. there could be some vital information that you miss out on. Good luck to you all, and i will see you out on line very soon!

seektofly
17th Sep 2006, 08:37
Hi Guys :ok:

Sorry I haven't been online for ages now but I have been away! Just wanted to say good luck to Hostee and NJSBOI for their training tomorrow. I will be thinking of you both at 8am when you no doubt will be at gate 26 probably waiting in your cars just behind the gates parked on either sides of the gate waiting for someone to let you in. That was me like 7 weeks ago now :ooh: Gosh it has gone fast.

FYD - don't worry - October 9 will come around really quickly too.

I heard on the grapevine, that Group 93 will start in January next year.

Julz, don't worry, June will come around before you know it, and you will be posting about your VBRD.

Guys, don't forget about us on PPRUNE - we still are VERY interested in what happens in your training group. WE WANT THE GOSS!!!

Until we hear from you, Take care.

STF ;)

seektofly
18th Sep 2006, 09:16
Hi guys :ok:

I just wanted to say that I am really excited for you NJSBOI that you have started training and everything and for you too hostee, but you guys need to check your pm's.

Scoobydoodoo, you might just want to check yours too!

Take care,

STF :ok:

skycrewhosties
20th Sep 2006, 09:46
FYD,

How R U?

What do you mean, what is everyone wearing?

Us Skycrewhosties...

Sylphie
21st Sep 2006, 12:16
Hey all. Haven't been here in a while and it seems some changes have been made since. Haha. What happened to the original thread?

Anyways, last week I had my first VB experience as humble passenger. Yay. To be precise I was on DJ 822 MEL-SYD on 12/9 and again on DJ 873 SYD-MEL on 16/9. The crew were lovely and friendly and it made me want to work for Virgin Blue even more than before. Was anyone crewing these flights? [Haha the flight numbers may be a bit off as I am recalling them from memory] :ooh:

I hope this post doesn't get removed. Hope everyone's well. I have PMs I cannot open so hopefully I can get to them soon! :O

hostessvb
22nd Sep 2006, 21:00
Hey NJSBOI....enjoy your training. mine was a blast...excellent trainers and brilliant group. a lot of us are still great friends. remembre to take that enthusiasm out on line. don't get all bitter and twisted once you are out there....:= its a great job and a great company. :ok: keep us posted

hostessvb
23rd Sep 2006, 06:29
hey njsboi - hope you have a ball in training. study your butt off....its hard but worthwhile. i have been at vb for 2 yrs and its been my best job ever. have worked at 2 other airlines and done loads of other jobs....there's nothing like being a vb hostie. :ok:

a word of advice....stay out of the back galley and away from the bitter and twisted sistas....some people don't know when to move on.

let us know how you go and HAVE FUN!:)

vbh

hostessvb
23rd Sep 2006, 06:43
hey sylphie....hope you can join us as crew soon. its a ball. i haven't stopped loving it. best decision i ever made. better than other airlines i have worked at. :ok:

see you soon!!:)

vbh

hostebv
23rd Sep 2006, 08:58
Hello

Has anyone been to the Virgin Blue Ball that was held in Brisbane?

NZ_Girl
26th Sep 2006, 05:00
Hey Everybody!

Just had a recruitment day here in lil NZ for Pacific Blue, and want to thank you all for your awesome info. The VB team, Thomas and Trudie came over from Oz and it was just as i anticipated after reading all of these threads. I made it all the way through the spot, group and one on one and role play sessions, and i'm so excited that waiting is going to be the killer! lol! I wouldnt have been as prepared as i was had i not read these threads. Thanks SO much for sharing. This is the only place i have found this sort of stuff. Seek and ye shall find :)

vbwannabe
26th Sep 2006, 07:12
Hey there!

Just wanted to repeat the sentiments of NZ Girl - I totally agree! It was great getting hints for the VRD.... THANKS!!! :ok:

Speaking of which - has anyone who attended the recent VRDs in melb (20th-22nd of sept... I think!) heard back from VB about whether they were successful? Or.... not? :sad:

Or also if there are any rumours circulating for dates of training schools commencing??!

Thanks again!! :)

scoobydoodoo
26th Sep 2006, 07:44
:ok: Way to go!!! Thats excellent, goodonya ;) keep us posted on how it goes for you!

KittyBlue
28th Sep 2006, 12:56
Looks like sign off for aircraft type and destinations for Virgin Blues international arm will be done by next week. Chances its will be B777 and destinations daily to USA, alternate flights to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok type destinations.

For domestic service, this may include a possible business class for domestic sectors on certain routes on wide bodies.

We could become a 777/737 airline, possibly 787 once production is in high gear.

As for smaller jets Embraer 175 etc may be in the running a little later this year.

:D

Will have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

scoobydoodoo
28th Sep 2006, 22:44
Would this mean that VB will want to start recruiting soon for CC??

vbwannabe
29th Sep 2006, 00:41

Yes!

They had recruitment days in melb a week ago..... I haven't heard anything yet on whether I've progressed to the next round or not - was wondering if anyone else had??!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

NZ_Girl
29th Sep 2006, 06:56
Sooooo NERVOUS waiting for the call... They cut the initial group down to 15 potentials from 30 there on the day... how many do they normally accept for a training class??

Airconn
30th Sep 2006, 05:05
Hi Guys!
Just a comment regarding training schools etc for Virgin. I have a friend who recently went to a VRD and has been confirmed for an OCT 9th ground school, and i have heard talk of a late November, and possibly January school also.
Hope this helps :)
good luck to all awaiting VRD's and those waiting for that phone call!!
I found with VB, no news is good news, so just keep that one in mind :ok:

hostessvb
30th Sep 2006, 22:29
Thanks Kitty Blue. Is there any indication as to whether dometic VB crew will get to do that flying? Will international be open to us before externals? If so they will have to recruit a lot to backfill i imagine. Are we going down the same road as JQ perhaps? will the conditions be the same as domestic?

keeponsmiling
1st Oct 2006, 07:52
Hello everyone,

I have heard talk of VB going LH to the USA soon. Will it be called Virgin Blue or something else? Would VB staff be allowed to choose to go LH or would you need to re sit interviews etc? Or do you think they will hire externally? Very exciting none the less.

vbwannabe
1st Oct 2006, 23:55
Awesome, thanks for your advice!

I have heard that some people have heard already but have heard no, so fingers crossed!:)

NZ_GirlL: best of luck and let us know how you go!

omo
2nd Oct 2006, 06:02
Hello everyone,

I have heard talk of VB going LH to the USA soon. Will it be called Virgin Blue or something else? Would VB staff be allowed to choose to go LH or would you need to re sit interviews etc? Or do you think they will hire externally? Very exciting none the less.

Yes! This is all very exciting news!

Can anyone please tell me what the rules are with uniform alterations?? I've seen some crew with fitted uniforms and others with rather loose fitting uniforms and the difference in fit can't simply be attributed to different body shapes ;)

KittyBlue
4th Oct 2006, 12:31
hostessvb (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=153636) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2881711", true); the Intention is that DJ domestic crew will be offered the option first to jump over (of course within a interview process) then then the remainder on both domestic and international crews will be filled accordingly. At this point that is the case.

As for uniforms, Ive got 5 pants all different lengths and widths in the leg. Lets just say they have become less stringent on the quality of make since being manufactured in Fiji. Make them fit, but don't make out like a condom full of walnuts. The limitations in alterations are in the manuals grooming section.

opsflyer100
8th Oct 2006, 04:06

VB are recruiting for CC in BNE now

scoobydoodoo
8th Oct 2006, 22:08
well im elligble to reapply with VB in about June next year... does anyone know if VB will still be recruiting then? Do they recruit continuously, or just once in a while? I'd hate not to get another chance next year..!

DJTibby
9th Oct 2006, 02:41
scooby, It depends on whats happening at the time! some years are more eventful than others with recruiting but I am sure there will be recruiting around the time you can re apply, quite a lot of crew seem to leave so there is always an opportunity.
Have you applied to other airlines in the meantime or only Virgin Blue?
Also do you know where you may have gone wrong in the interview? did you make it through the whole day?

NZ_Girl
9th Oct 2006, 08:27
Welllllll, i got through the whole interview day, which was an absolute mission in itself, i was SO tired that night when i got home, and i slept like a baby. I was so proud of myself and felt so positive. They made us wait 10 days before the 'EMAIL' that we received - The Unsuccessful One. I mean, not even a phone call!! :confused: and I am sincerely gutted. I didnt make it through, so i cant even begin to understand what they were looking for, or see where i went wrong, which is confusing. They tell you to look at yourself, if you dont make it through, and i have, i have analysed almost everything. It only brought me down. I kept telling everyone if i didnt make it through, i wouldnt really mind. Who was i kidding!! I was so hyped that i'm now trying to see what my problem is!! lol! :rolleyes: Oh well, only 12 months to wait... geez thats a long time.

Oh well, i did try, and try my best i did ... :sad:

DJTibby
9th Oct 2006, 10:28
Oh NZ Girl I know that feeling oh too well:( Its awful, especially to be rejected from such a wonderful company as Virgin Blue/Pacific blue. I wish I could come there and give you a hug, I know there isn't anything anyone can say or do to make it better but as long as you gave it your best. I must say though how old are you? It could simply be this, they seem to like the older age group recently.

NZ_Girl
10th Oct 2006, 05:21
Thanks DJTibby... I did notice that they liked the older age group - that AND the more experienced of the applicants. I'm 35 so i seem to have been ok in that respect. I dunno. A little feedback woulda been nice, and i know they don't give that, but sometimes its nice to know where you went wrong huh... Maybe they just had to cull some of the best! lol! :p

sinala1
10th Oct 2006, 07:27
Applications for BNE based Cabin Crew opened today... good luck to all who apply!

hostessvb
10th Oct 2006, 21:29
Any one know where we are at with the EBA?

Will this EBA apply to our international flying?

wirgin blew
11th Oct 2006, 05:14
Still waiting to see EBA at roadshows at end of Oct hopefully.

Would imagine that LH will come under another EBA/AWA as there are too many differences between the two types of flying.

Also I would expect that a seperate company under the Virgin Blue banner will look after the LH side of things. Like the way PB is set up. It just means that each company is keeping there eyes on one part of the business.

sinala1
11th Oct 2006, 07:52
Would imagine that LH will come under another EBA/AWA as there are too many differences between the two types of flying
Unfortunately, at the Forums I attended, there was very much a strong push on "this EBA will give the flexibility required for long and short haul flying".

Personally, I agree with you - LH and SH are so unbelievably different that they really do need to come under seperate agreements - however thats not the message pushed at the forums I attended. :(

hostessvb
11th Oct 2006, 20:38
Thanks for that. But how come our EBA says we can do international flying?

wirgin blew
15th Oct 2006, 02:56
just in case PB have any problems I believe.

wirgin blew
3rd Nov 2006, 03:15
Anyone have any news on whats happening with the EBA. The company and FAAA have been a bit quiet on this. I doubt they can get it all sorted before the end of the year. I wonder if they will bring in the new bidding system on the 1st of Jan 07 with an exception from the FAAA?

737opsguy
3rd Nov 2006, 03:24
The reason that it includes international flying is because Virgin Blue are looking at doing international charter flights.

whateva
12th Nov 2006, 05:27
one of the main reasons that we have the "international" part to our EBA was due to Pac Blue Cabin crew going sick out port. We were for a short time allowed to be called up tp operate as CC for them. If the regional does get operated by us, i have a very big doubt that the international arm will be crewed by us also. rostering would just be a night mare. also can you imagine when it came time for EPs? 737/erj/A340 or 777... i really cant imagine it. The ammount of crew required for the start up will in no way justify the training of some 1700 + cabin crew.

sinala1
12th Nov 2006, 05:56
Well the Pilots EBA is out, and at best its apparently useful as toilet paper and thats about it. The scary thing is ours is likely to be worse than theirs as their union is stronger than ours when it comes to negotiations :{

Two interesting things particularly that have come up in their EBA: Firstly, paxing sectors are not included in your rostered maximum duty hours. So, for example, as according to this table (straight from CAP371)
http://users.on.net/franksj/ftlsectortable.jpg
they could operate a 2 sector duty signing on at 0800 that could go up to 13 1/4 hours, eg BNE-PER, sit around in PER for a few hours before operating PER-BNE - and then because paxing is apparently NOT included in the Duty Times allowed on that table, be able to then pax to anywhere in the network :ugh: :* := :eek: :ouch: (this is from what the Pilots have told me by the way, I have not been able to read their full EBA proposal as yet)

Secondly, the table above is whats called Flight Duty Period, and FDP was defined to us in the Cabin Crew forums as being Sign on to Chocks On at your final destination - ie it excludes your 1/2 hour sign off time - so really, you need to add half an hour onto the duty times listed above. :(

I cant see our duty periods being terribly different to theirs...

It will be important that when this document does come out, people make informed and self-educated decisions, rather than believing everythign we get told in the forums.

I had an interesting interaction with a MEL based Cabin Supervisor today who basically went mental at me when I told her that so far it appears most of BNE will not sign for it. From what she was saying (in between the ranting, yelling and raving :hmm: ) was that most of MEL seem to like it :( :eek: :ugh: , but there was no fact in what she was telling me - it was all emotional diatrabe...

The key here is for people to educate themselves independently - dont listen to what the company has to say (does anyone else wonder how much this glossy advertising campaign thats in the crew room cost them? And this dvd thats apparently coming out? Would that money not be better being put into our salaries?), dont listen to what the crew have to say - only believe whats written in black and white (because the worst case scenario is what we will be able to be rostered up to) so when the time comes you can make your own educated decision.

Sked
12th Nov 2006, 09:21
Sinala, as someone who has now had time to read and digest the flight crew EBA document and who has/had a fairly moderate and open minded view of proceedings and negotiations to this point, I was shocked and dismayed with what was offered. It has more holes in it than James Reasons Swiss Cheese! I have not spoken to any pilot so far who will vote yes to this document (but I'm sure there will be some!). On VB's pilots website a straw poll has shown an overwhelming "No" vote so far from the pilot body (95%). If your document is anything like this be very sure as many CC read and understand it's implications as possible. Half way through the negotiations I was actually positive and encouraged by what we had been told would be in the document. When I actually read it, it was nothing like it. Int flying has been taken off the table as a guarantee. The glossy brochures and posters around the crew rooms are all very nice and touchy feely but did any cc stop and think "Why are the flight crew not getting these pretty posters to help them vote yes??" It takes a lot more than that and I hope that the word gets out to all of the relatively new cc to sit down read and know the document and it's implications for the next five (that's right FIVE :eek: ) years that you will have to work with this EBA if it is voted in. Hope to catch u for a beer round the traps and some discussion on this.

sinala1
12th Nov 2006, 09:48
Yes Sked I agree with you on pretty much all your points there. If the company is willing to spend this much money on an advertising campaign to get the EBA voted In, then what is it going to save them by having the EBA in place?

From what I *have* read of your document, well its an insult to say the least. Effectively no payrise (3% per year for the first 3 years - 3% is currently less than CPI); a 5 year EBA thats *not* backdated - so effectively it will have been almost 7 years between the expiration of your current agreement and the expiry of this new one; restrictions on the amount of movement that will be allowed for you in the company (for those who don't know, effectively F/O's are allowed only 2 'moves' whilst they are with VB - their first 'move' MUST be an upgrade to Captain, and the second move (which could be across to the Embraer for example) is the final 'move' they are allowed until they have been with the company for 15 years). Captains are only allowed *one* move - so if they were to go from being a Captain on the 737 across to an F/O on the Embraer - too bad, thats where they stay forever more or less!

The sad thing is if you were promised a whole pile of things during negotiations ($15K and the international project both come to mind) just to have them taken away, well tell me where the level of trust lies? :=

PS A beer sounds great ha ha :ok:

PER210
12th Nov 2006, 12:23
Is Virgin Blue any good to work for? I have my first flight with them on December 6 to Broome, so I spose I can ask the crew as much as I can, without being annoying :). So yeh, with that being said, I've never been on VB before, what are they like to work for, and what is a rough salary (PM if you do not wish to post if you like..). Who knows, I could see you on December 6 or 13, OR, when i get a job with VB :P.
Aaron.

wirgin blew
13th Nov 2006, 04:42
I am very concerned about CC voting on the EBA atm. DM's are telling people to read the EBA and don't listen to the rumour mill. I was also told that there is no back up EBA. If we dont vote yes for this then we will stay on the current EBA, which is effectively saying if you want the new bidding system to come in then you have to vote for this.
I am also worried that most of the crew dont plan on staying around for very long so they may not even vote at all. The CC dept seems to be turning staff over at a very rapid rate which may mean a lot of new staff will vote yes because they are happy to be here and arent worried about the impact this will have on future CC employees.
Also the FAAA have spent so much time on this with the company that they are going to be telling us to vote yes as they will be happy to see the end of it for 5 years.
Lastly BG at the last AGM was effectively issued with 650,000 shares at current $1.80 price being $1,117,000.

Read the EBA, watch the DVD, asks questions and just think you might be here for another 5 years and will you be happy with the conditions presented to you???

Hmmmmm

Sked
13th Nov 2006, 09:35
Wirgin, One thing we have been told in the company forums is regardless of the vote the Kronos PBS system is coming in. Who knows, even with a no vote it might improve our bidding anyway. Let's face it, it couldn't be worse!! Just get the word out amongst the troops to look at all the clauses in the proposal and vote accordingly. If you're going to be here a while it will be 5 years 'til you get to have another go!

scoobydoodoo
13th Nov 2006, 19:56
Is this 'Kronos' system, the system where you swip your card to log in and log off?

..if so, we currently have this at my work, and if you're more then 7mins late, you get docked 15mins pay and have to report to the managers... three strikes, and you're out!

Having said this... rest assured, I've never been late :cool:

sinala1
13th Nov 2006, 20:15
No, a readers digest version of what Kronos is would be to say effectively its a Rostering, Crewing and Bidding system. A company can implement the full Kronos package or just parts of it.

Oh and something else for the Vb EBA - its important that everyone does make the effort to vote, HOWEVER if you don't vote it IS NOT automatically counted as a YES vote - I repeat, it is NOT AUTOMATICALLY COUNTED AS A YES VOTE - many many crew online seem to think this is the case....

crewbus
15th Jan 2007, 07:11
I heard the pilots EBA was not voted in. Does this mean ours will be delayed until theirs is sorted out?

sinala1
15th Jan 2007, 07:57
Hi CrewBus, yes its true the pilots EBA was voted down in a landslide No vote (87% no) - however the effect it has on ours is yet to be discovered... Does anyone have any info from the union of late? My membership lapsed some time ago - this EBA will be the defining factor as to whether I rejoin or not.

This thread http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258594&page=4 has more up to date discussions regarding the EBA.

320subria
1st Nov 2007, 00:26
Well there hasn't been much discussion regarding the cc EBA for some time. I can't believe the FAAA isn't doing more to ensure an agreement is finalised sooner. The old agreement expired over 2 years ago. The FAAA should take advantage of the fact we are in the middle of an election campaign and make this issue public. I am starting to get the feeling Virgin management are waiting until the outcome of the election to see if the coalition government are re-elected to see if any further changes to work choices are made which would likely benefit the company at the detriment of its workers. I think its about time the union stepped up its action and looked at introducing protected industrial action for cc. Why as cc have we been happy to accept its taking over 2 years and still no agreement has been reached. Its completely unacceptable and virgin management and the FAAA should be held more accountable.