PDA

View Full Version : SunState questions?

Murray Cod
14th Sep 2006, 01:41
Doe's anyone know if Sunstate are hiring at the moment or is it a bit of a "closed shop"?
My other questions include:
Is it a good job or has it now become a stepping stone to something better?
How long till command?
Do cane toads on the runway activate the antiskid when braking?
Thanks

The Monst.
14th Sep 2006, 04:20
I asked a Q400 captain over the radio in Hervey Bay the other day about SS hiring. They are apparently hiring in the next month or two. About the stepping stone question, basically all regionals are treated as "stepping stone" companies by Most pilots. Personally, I can't imagine a better job, but that's just me. I don't know about how much of a "closed shop" they are, but get some phone numbers and give them a ring.
About the cane toads...well...I haven't seen any but i'm sure the metros props are low enough that i've chopped up one or two.....oh, how looovleh!
Good luck. :ok:

speedjet
14th Sep 2006, 06:10
Recruitment will be required over the next few months due to a few upcoming resignations for those that have already been given the nod from other airlines, plus there are a few who have upcoming interviews still.

All in All, it is a great company to work for, with most crew only leaving because of the $$$'s.

Time to Command is about 3 years at the moment if willing to move to CBR or about 6 years in BNE and CNS.