PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest twins

mattyj
13th Sep 2006, 20:18
So I am becoming resigned to not being a pilot for a while, what with all the spare Origin drivers around. (and the 6 poor buggers from Chats that got the same treatment..for the same reason) Since I will be paying for my own renewel, I was wondering who has the cheapest twin in NZ. I have type ratings in the Ducky, Aztec, C310 and the Aerostar..any thoughts??

Ta

NOtimTAMs
13th Sep 2006, 23:27
Cheapest twin in NZ bro'?

I woulda thought Roxy and Sandy at Boogie Wonderland in Auckland! ;)

Not sure where to find a Ducky or two tho'.....

mattyj
14th Sep 2006, 00:43
been there done that..still itchy:\ ..anyone else?

catch
14th Sep 2006, 02:13
Try EFTL the duck's have pretty reasonable rates.

Cloud Cutter
14th Sep 2006, 09:36
If you're talking about Eagle Flight Training, then yeah, I'd second that. Did a one-off renewal with Mike Foster a couple of years ago and found them very good, with reasonable rates. There could well be cheaper options though?

mattyj

Don't worry too much about the whole Origin thing. Not sure about other airlines, but things have gone crazy at Eagle over the past month with resignations left, right and centre (people off to all sorts of places). They brought the next round of interviews forward a month (end of September), and as far as I know only one or two applicants to be interviewed are ex Origin. I think many have been snapped up by Air Nelson and possibly Mount Cook, and I guess Eagle would be a decent step back for a lot of them in some ways (J41 captain to B190 co would be pretty tough to stomach).

I hadn't heard about Chats, that's a bastard, and I just saw their newly delivered CV-580 in Palmy tonight. How are they gonna crew that?

Anyway, good luck with your efforts.