PDA

View Full Version : New Start Up

Eddie1980
13th Sep 2006, 11:15
Hi,
I'm soon to complete a tertiary qual in Aviation, basically coming out with little more than legal min for Australia. Although my background is Accounting and Tax (qualified accountant), which i hope will at least assist me in the cut throat world of aviation. I've heard it is worth doing some time "work experience" at local places - does this really help and how long for??? or maybe aiming for local parachuting/scenic?? I have an action plan from about the 1000-1500 hrs TT mark, but a little stuck to from around the 200hrs to 1000hrs, well at least 500hrs TT. I am well prepared to supplement flying income with accounting business on the side, I'm expecting maybe part time flying initially (although full time would be ideal). Any ideas/comments as to my first port of call that may help would be much appreciated. If it makes any diff, I'm 26 yrs old.
Thanks,
Eddie.

airamerica
13th Sep 2006, 12:05
It sounds like a plan.With those quals you should not have a problem snapping/being snapped up by an operator up north.I would recomend that you visit a few places and put you proposal on the table instead of sending resumes.You do stand a very good chance.
Best of luck, and dont be detered by the age.I was but it worked out.
Good luck,
AA