View Full Version : British Airways - LGW

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
13th Sep 2006, 08:40
The British Airways - LGW Thread

Airbusbellboy
14th Sep 2006, 15:01
Hey Guys,

Just got a call from ba offering me a course on Nov 13. Unfortunately timimg all wrong but they have very kindly put me in the holding pool. I have been so very impressed by the professionalism of ba so would actually like to join the World's Fave. What I wanted to know was how are you guys getting on inthe Single Fleet? What are rosters like? How many trips a month? Is there much shorthaul? What's the money like? (I know that's always a sticking point for crew but a frank and honest response to this one would be greatly appreciated)

Also anyone any idea as to when there might be new courses.

Thanks a million Guys,:ok:

Happy Flying,

Airbusbellboy:)

apaddyinuk
14th Sep 2006, 15:57
Hi buddy. Well done.
The LGW onefleet has not actually started yet and will not be in full swing until FEB. The LGW EF crew start to take over 777 routes on a route by route basis from october with a fill transfer of routes being undertaken in FEB. So you will have to wait until around march or april before you get a proper response!!!
All the best.

Volant77
14th Sep 2006, 16:52
Hi,
Have just started flying with BA and I am getting a bit worried about the money to be honest. The basic after tax is about £600 a month, and my flying allowances for Sept are a predicted £390. I have been quite busy this month so far with some lots of 3 sector days, and even a 4 sector one and if all this work is for peanuts then I'm gonna be out of here pretty soon.
I used to work for EK and the money was better there (with free accommodation and transport. We also had allowances of about £70 for 24 hours in the UK for example, something we don't get with BA). The flight pay at BA id a ridiculous £2.30 an hour, and at LGW that's all you get. Oh, and a free breakfast (at the moment but this might change soon) on stopovers.

Does anyone else feel the same? I haven't even joined a union yet as they don't seem to be doing anything apart from taking £12 a month from us (come on guys, are you kidding??).

My morale is going downwards pretty quickly. Pity as I love my job.

superairhostess
14th Sep 2006, 17:01
Hi Volant I'm training for the SF at Gatwick.I'm applying for Bmed. though.Don't worry if you work for the right airline you can earn money in this job.That's what I think anyway.Think of ANA,Jal and Bmed.They have the lifestyle and a good salary.I don't think I'm gonna stay in LGW for long!

flybywire
14th Sep 2006, 17:24
Guys can I just say......if you know how to bid you can get the right trips and then the money you want. To be honest you've only just started and there are many people joining after you so you're quite lucky in a way as you'll get up the seniority list quicker than I did for sure!

-Flying hours are not taxable, so what you see is what you get.

-The "alternative" union charges 9.20 by direct debit.

I am sure that Long Haul is going to bring us more money, however when I was a new entrant crew I remember getting up to £700 one month (February even!) just in flying allowances, so once again, good bidding is the key answer. There's a book of swaps available on the 3rd floor, many crew (I used to do it a lot) put in their trips that they want to exchange for there&back's. So have a look at it, you might end up getting another trip thanks to a swap.

Superairhostess good luck with your application for BMED. If 6 day trips are what you're looking for then it will definitely be the airline for you. :) I know quite a lot of people who moved from BMED to EF/SFLGW and they all did it because they were fed up with being away all of the time. They are happier with the lifestyle with us now, however we do have our problems which we are fighting to resolve.

Believe me, people who have been in the company for a long time have been doing a hard work to try and get the best deal for us and you all, so I would ask you or anybody else not to be too "open" in showing your disappointment/disapproval, especially during the training course or first months online, as people are becoming more and more sensitive about it. After all, even if we might get frustrated at times with BA etc, we do take pride in what we do and do not like other people to make obvious comments which diminsh the good, hard work that we do day in day out.

Happy flying, I wish you both to find the right airline for you very soon.

FBW

flybywire
14th Sep 2006, 17:37
Something else....

Guys with all respect, but if you post comments of this kind you might end up provocating a series of various responses, including not very nice ones.
Please let's try to encourage new people and not discourage them.
My opinion might not be worth much but in my flying career I have worked for far worse airlines. BA has been like a dream. Easy-going cabin crew and flight crew, fair direct management, outstanding safety culture and the airline treats you like an adult (unlike my previous employers!)
Why don't you give it the benefit of the doubt, or at least let other people find out for themselves if it's the right airline for them or not!!

Cheers

FBW

Off Stand
14th Sep 2006, 18:04
Here here!!!:D Well said FBW. I am on the worldwide fleet at LGW and I am staying there until Feb. I am currently in Orlando (my last ever trip here!), you guys will have a ball. The flight crew can't wait for you guys to start the long haul routes!

If anyone on Single Fleet wants to find out places to see (or avoid), what to get up to, etc., just ask us, we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Happy flying all!!!:ok:

Volant77
14th Sep 2006, 18:38
As I mentioned earlier, I love my job. I finf BA a better company to work for than EK, and the staff very easy going. However the pay doesn't reward the efforts we all put in. I showed my roster to lots of people who all said it was very good and I have 5 trips this month. Therefore I expected to earn a decent wage, not something under £1000.

Thanks God the flight pay is tax-free! We wouldn't be left with anything otherwise.

lgw29
15th Sep 2006, 09:07
one thing to think about is that most main crew have a hell of a lot of days off at the mo with there being so many main crew once we start getting the long haul routes you will get more work.

LittleMissSunshine
15th Sep 2006, 09:55
How many days off a month can you expect to get currently as LGW eurofleet?

Tess Tickelss
15th Sep 2006, 22:57
I too have been offered a job with BA single fleet but the more I read about it, the less inclined I am to accept it. £1000 a month and away from home for long periods or long days does not seem worth it to me, compared to my present job that gives me more time at home and more money. I was so excited but now......???

I currently work on (one of) the airport express in customer services and my pay is £22k per annum. I had hoped I might match that but I work 39 hrs per week for that money. I have to be realistic I think. Well at least I can still buy my £300 ticket to the caribbean and spend a bit longer there than if I was working.

Thanks for some honest information posted here. I have been watching it closely and I think I will wait for BA to start recruiting at Heathrow. I think they still have a different allowance system as I meet a lot of them in my work. They tell me recruitment will start after the 1st October as they must wait due to new laws on age.

SuperBoy
16th Sep 2006, 08:00
Less Tickelss.

Rumours are running around like mad. However I wouldn't hold my breath for recruitment at LHR.

LHR is and will be so over crewed due to various factors like the MAN base closing and all the LGW crew moving to LHR etc. etc. etc. and on top of that (could be completely wrong) but I have heard from various people that there won't be anymore direct entry recruitment into LHR. If you want to work for BA at LHR you will have to get into LGW and then put your name on the transfer list.

At the end of the day until it is in black and white I wouldn't believe it anyway but it is a thought to keep in mind.

Good luck eitherway!!!

:ok:

flybywire
16th Sep 2006, 09:13
Nobody knows what money is going to look like once we start the longhaul routes. But three facts are true at this point:

- At the moment crew have more days off since we have a LOT of new crew, needed for the new single fleet. Once the single fleet is up and running, we'll start working much more again. For once though I really enjoyed having 15 regular days off rostered in June!!!

- If you're interested in a career in BA LGW is definitely the place to be. I became a purser 18 months after joining. Not bad, I think. They value your previous experience and the money has gone up accordingly. My friend at LHR has just become a purser after 8 years of service.

- our long haul trips will be for a minimum of 3 days to a maximum of 5 (at the moment that's what is planned). Means more money anyway.

Last but not least, I would love to earn a bit more, however I chose LGW for other reasons. If money is ALL you're interested in, then please do go to LHR. LGW crew (pilots included) have something unique, there's a sense of complicity that you won't find in any other fleet. I will always remember what one of my friends said to me before I joined LGW: "I had a ball at LGW and if it wasn't that my wife is expecting triplets (!!) I would have stayed. but we need the extra money". He was so right!

By the way, on the latest issue of cabin crew news they are talking about changing the EF service from LHR too, and reduce the cabin crew complement "accordingly". It won't be long till things change at LHR, to be consistent with LGW. It's just the painful truth of trying to compete in a very agressive industry.
LHR is going to be over-crewed in the near future so I do not foresee any recruitment into LHR any time soon (MAN closure and WWLGW crew secondments should last for a while).

Good luck anyway.

FBW

PS: to all of you who are staying, welcome onboard!!! :ok:

Rach-G
16th Sep 2006, 15:48
I was EF LGW then transfered to EF LHR and am now at WW LGW soon moving to WW LHR, any advice I would give to anyone soon to be starting at Single fleet is maybe try and see if you can stay in the hold pool until BA start recruiting again for Heathrow, as I said I have now worked at all the Fleets and all have pro's and cons. But EF LHR and the WW fleets are much better paid, also it is a myth that EF LGW crew like to tell themselves that Mainline BA aren't as Fun Loving as EF LGW, but this is totally untrue, I've made such great friends since being at Mainline and as the money is better people can afford to enjoy themselves Down route. I think many people are joining Single Fleet under the pretence that It is British Airways Mainline contract with the associated pay and conditions that they may have heard about, but it is not, Single fleet LGW is totally different working practices and different rates of pay, with less days off from Longhaul trips. I know this will get a lot of responses from the EF LGW crew as they are very patriotic to LGW and don't like anyone highlighting the bad points of Singlefleet but I am not posting this as a "dig" at EF LGW but only to give future recruits some of the facts.

newbagr
16th Sep 2006, 20:23
well i think ba should expect a lot of people to drop out and i actually think thats quite good as only that way the company can understand that they cant do whatever they want and get away with it! i am sure a lot of new starters including me will be looking for other jobs once they realise how bad the pay is and how tiring it will be... i love working for ba dont get me wrong but there is only so much i would do until i left... and the figures dont add up really...some people ve been talking of £700 in allowances monthly....how would this be possible with the current hourly rate of £2.38? I believe we dont receive any other payments like DOA orNIA or something like that...its just the hourly rate....well i ll be trying it for sure and i am sure the crew will be fab but that aint everything i am afraid:-(

Volant77
16th Sep 2006, 22:16
Are the unions doing anything about the salary? When they came to introduce themselves to our training group, they seemed so bored and uninterested. Didn't make me want to join either of them.

I'll go and try to find them round Jubilee House an ask them what they are planning to do about the low pay issue.

flybywire
16th Sep 2006, 22:34
Well I did get around £700 just in allowances and that was in february 2006. My very best month ever. I did work hard but not too hard, I just managed to bid efficiently and didn't get one there&back.

I am not a fan of slacking the company and indeed the people who work for LGW on a public forum, it's very easy to see only the bad points when you're feeling down. I would be happier to see a thread that gives encouragement to people who are happy to join us, and I believe that the ideal place to talk about EF LHR allowances is the LHR thread. So people who are interested in that kind of information could go and read it there.

I do understand the frustration, but I think that you're being a little bit unfair. Things haven't started yet at SF and you should at least try it yourselves before making your mind up. I am one of the few who voted against the new scheduling agreement for SF and I wish more people had done so. The company would have been under more pressure to give us a better deal. But it's not the end of the world and I am looking forward to seeing how it will all work out for us. Wherever you are you're working for BA, and I promise you there's much much worse out there. I used to earn more in charter but I would NEVER go back to flying for that airline.
Once again guys, if money is all you are looking for in this job then stop moaning: the transfer list opens on the 1st of october.

Good luck with your transfers!!

fbw

newbagr
16th Sep 2006, 22:43
yes you are right flybywire. I am not personally slagging off the hard working crew who work at LGW and i am sure i ll love working there, i just expressed my opinion regarding the huge difference of pay between different bases for doing a the same job ( in fact a lot more and harder work) I showed my roster to LHR WW crew for oct at LGW and told me "poor you , this would never happen here" .Its a question of something standing up and not accepting anything that a company wants to do to the staff.Regarding the transfer options, nothing has been agreed yet and the list wont open for LGW specially for new starters as they will be frozen for at least 2 years before they are able to put their names for a transfer. I am not going to come to LGW and talk about when and if the transfer will come but enjoy it and see the best out of it but this will not stop me to express my opinion when i want to do so.

WeLieInTheShadows
17th Sep 2006, 10:16
I don't think I disagree with ANYTHING that has been said here.

The things that are being said by newbagr have been said at LGW for the last 11-12 years.

BA saw the opportunity to change the crew agreements when they bought Dan Air, and they did so. Saving BA lots of money.

If you think BA doesn't want to do the same thing at LHR, think again.

Come T5 lots of the old agreements will change and be renegotiated. E.g. CAT turnarounds. (There won't be any!) So the money on EFLHR is going to change.

It has already changed as well (which not everyone there will tell you about), in that the allowances at EFLHR are now taxed at 40%. (20% at WWLHR).

Wit relation to the disparity in money, the allowance system which is opperated at LHR is a hangover from years gone by. It's only a matter of time before it changes (and everyone knows it if they are honest with themselves, the pilots have already changed to the hourly rate).

LGW is the template BA will hit the unions over the head with saying "Well they can do it cheaper and with less crew down there, you can do it up here."

The unions had their chance to negotiate up the pay and the agreements at LGW and failed (because they were too busy in-fighting between themselves and the other union).

I know the cost of living in the SE is high, the money has got better at LGW (I know I've been there for nearly 10 years), others have managed to live just fine on it and buy houses etc etc, and with us doing the WWLGW routes the money is only going to get better due to having more longer trips.

If your not sure if it's for you, and would much rather be at LHR for WHATEVER reason, then wait for recruitment to start there again. Simple. No one will think any worse of you at BA, and if it makes you happier, then why not!!?

You could always stay where you are and ask to swim around in the holding pool for a while. However don't forget every course that trundles through LGW your seniority number goes down and down and down until YOU start, and at BA seniority is everything.

What I would say is that don't judge it until you've tried it (you can always leave). If money is what you want, then go to Easyjet or some of the charter ops where you can earn great money every month. You will work for it mind you, a lot harder than you would at SFLGW, but if money is your biggest motivator then that would be the best option.

That's it in a nutshell, the choice...is yours.

Tess Tickelss
17th Sep 2006, 12:39
There are some very admirable responses from existing lgw crew above. I start to see why the single fleet has come about. Can anyone tell me if any of the existing crew on the longhaul fleet will be staying on the single fleet as clearly, lgw is perceived as being a lot more fun.

From reading previous forums on this issue, I was under the impression that the single fleet is a separate company and therefore at present there is no facility to place your name on the transfer list for lhr. What would be my concern is that if you did not want to stay at lgw longterm and lhr advertised for crew, you would have to reapply as an external candidate.

Why is BA so reluctant to allow this anyway? I suppose if, when T5 was opened that BA decided lgw was no longer viable, then their responsibility to the single fleet crew would be less if they were not part of the the same group.

I wish, as flybywire has stated, that I could be really positive about the single fleet but I also feel we have to consider all facts before offering our services for considerably less benefits than lhr get. Now, if transfers were possible, that would be a different thing.

sammyjayne
17th Sep 2006, 14:00
hiya, start my training in 2wks- just woundering if i need to learn the 'first steps to excellence' ba booklets well. Obviously ive read through them, I know the three letter codes and am learning the special meal abbreviations and the different cabins but what else are we tested on, they dont expect you to learn figures do they!!
thankyou :ugh:

SuperBoy
17th Sep 2006, 15:53
Sammyjayne,

Are you an x-flyer or not? If you are new to flying I will advise you to pay attention and maybe spend some time on it. You will do a 'validation' on it, aka as exam.

When I did my training almost 80% in my training group failed the FSTE validation and well lets just say it wasn't much fun for them.

Also the first week and a half you will basically be working your way through the FSTE so you would only make your own life easier by actually studing it.

Anyway I hope this helps and I'm sure you will have a great time.

:ok::ok::ok:

flybywire
17th Sep 2006, 16:03
hiya, start my training in 2wks- just woundering if i need to learn the 'first steps to excellence' ba booklets well. Obviously ive read through them, I know the three letter codes and am learning the special meal abbreviations and the different cabins but what else are we tested on, they dont expect you to learn figures do they!!
thankyou :ugh:

hello sammyjane and welcome onboard!!

Yes there will be a test on FSTE, and it will be on day 2 or 3 (do not remember) so I would suggest you read through it a couple of times and highlight what you think is most important.:ok:

For your and any new entrant's information:

It's extremely important that new crew do well on their training course as there's a point system. It will be explained to you on day 1 however in a nutshell it consists on behavioural, lateness, failure of customer service, technical, AVMed and SEP exams points. You're only "allowed" a certain amount of points (I think 6 but not sure) and some of the exam failures count as 2 or 3. If you reach the maximum number of allowed points your contract will be terminated.

The good thing of this system is that the seniority throughout your course will be determined by how well you do during your course. So, if you and your mate are on the same course and you do really well, and they fail one exam, you'll be ahead of them in seniority although you started the same day. This is a fair system BA has come up with to give seniority to those people who work hard (20 numbers can make a huge difference....bidding...leave...promotions...christmas off etc)

WLITS thank you for putting my thoughts into better words. I couldn't have said it better myself!! I hope the flying is going well - I am on leave at the moment and I really feel like a bun in the oven - my uniform isn't fitting anymoreeeeeeeee :{ Boring life on the ground... cannot wait to fly to NAP next week for a nice holiday :ok: I am looking forward to the flight more than to the holiday itself :E

FBW:)

flybywire
17th Sep 2006, 16:06
There are some very admirable responses from existing lgw crew above. I start to see why the single fleet has come about. Can anyone tell me if any of the existing crew on the longhaul fleet will be staying on the single fleet as clearly, lgw is perceived as being a lot more fun.
From reading previous forums on this issue, I was under the impression that the single fleet is a separate company and therefore at present there is no facility to place your name on the transfer list for lhr. What would be my concern is that if you did not want to stay at lgw longterm and lhr advertised for crew, you would have to reapply as an external candidate.
Why is BA so reluctant to allow this anyway? I suppose if, when T5 was opened that BA decided lgw was no longer viable, then their responsibility to the single fleet crew would be less if they were not part of the the same group.
I wish, as flybywire has stated, that I could be really positive about the single fleet but I also feel we have to consider all facts before offering our services for considerably less benefits than lhr get. Now, if transfers were possible, that would be a different thing.

As far as things are at the moment, we are waiting for the talks about the NSP to be held and something agreed on. Transfer has always been possible from EFLGW but only to EFLHR. If we joined the NSP then all the transfers would be easier between fleets. Pursers would transfer as pursers. During EF times pursers had to downgrade to transfer.
yellowdog knows a lot more than I do so why don't you send him a private message and ask him what the news are?

newbagr
17th Sep 2006, 16:47
hi there....i believe you are at lgw and if you dont mind me i d like to ask you a couple of questions. I am joining the single fleet in oct transferring from lhr. as i ve done my 777 training i only need to do my 737. \have you been rostered first class training? I though first class training would come for everyone after 6 months? And it wouldnt be valid when and if transfer come for heathrow.... so i dont mean to be disrespectful to the lgw staff but i would like to know....is it possible for a transfer to lhr and do u know roughly would many years you d have to wait before this is possible..... any answer or info would be very much appreciated....

flybywire
17th Sep 2006, 19:47
Hello!

Right....all the crew who are doing their 777 conversion course at LGW are doing their First Class training at the moment. Seniority rules here! Training is ongoing with 2 conversion courses starting every week.
I personally haven't been trained on the 777 and won't be able to until, I suspect, march 2008 as I intend to take a full year maternity leave after my baby is born.

I know know nothing about the transfers from the temps at LHR but if you can wait a couple of weeks I can ask my training manager (I am on leave now). I believe you'll be trained as well and you'll just be rostered for the First training. However, as I've said, we haven't received any information to date about the transfers. I will also have to see whether new entrants get First training. If they do, I do not see why you wouldn't? We'll have a fair number of routes who have First so we do need people and the flexibility to crew the flights with First trained people.

I am sure you'll only have to do the 737 conversion, and the Euro service training as well - however that will only last one day, while the First is a bit longer.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help - but as I've said I might be able to give you more info in a couple of weeks' time!:ok:

yellowdog
17th Sep 2006, 21:10

Tess,

From what I understand there are only about six people that have choosen to stay at GF at not take the transfer to WWLHR. From what I can tell those that are going are going because the money is going to be much better for them. Although as WLITS has said this MAY change in the future. And who can blame them we all live to our means most of the time and taking a pay cut is never easy for anyone. That said though GF is going to mean more money for those that stay at LGW. This is because of the longer trips that will be available.

At the moment we all get paid £2.32 per hour from the moment we check in to the moment we check out. There are some other allowances and overtime which kick in as well but they are far to numerous and complicated to go through now. So for a six day ANU the allowances will be somewhere in the region of £275, with the other allowances bringing up to about £300. The unions, are at the moment fighting for the longhaul routes to include breakfast with the hotel room rate as well.

I am not sure what the old WWLGW crew would get for the same trip but for main crew I'm sure it would have been fairly similar if you take into account they did not get b&b. So allowances at GF will not be that shabby.

If money is your overriding concern though then elsewhere pay more, fact of life. You have to decide what you want out of life and that is fair enough.

As for the contracts, no matter what anyone else says, as new entrants you get exactly the same contract as those at EFLHR. The problem comes when it comes to the union agreements. Historically SHLGW has always sat outside the NSP (national sectional panel) and had it's own LSP (local sectional panel) which agreed all changes to working practices. As an LSP, transfers were only allowed on a gentlemans agreement basis of a certain number per year. When you transfered, because you were joing the NSP, you lost your rank, your basic pay went down to a new entrants, and you basically started again. You did however keep you DOJ for staff travel and your for your pension.

However in the time I have been at EFLGW some 800 people have choosen to go "up the road" and that is a lot more than had to under the gentleman's agreement. So the question of transfers is really up in the air at the moment. As to how long it will take, it's the old "how long is a piece of string" argument. At the moment some people have been waiting at least five years to go. Although some of those are now not so keen to go as we have longhaul and shorthaul.

We shall just have to wait and see what agreement materialises when the NSP talks are finalised. From what I know btu the unions are telling slightly differnt stories at the mo. I would hope and here's keeping everything crossed that we fit in where we rightfully belong in the NSP seniority list.

As for when T5 opens, it's not the terminal space at LHR that's the governing factor for expansion it's the availablity of slots and the complexities of the current Bermuda II agreement. If BA wnat to expand they are in no way able to do that at LHR because of the slot restrictions so they need LGW as a kind of pressure release valve. However who knows what tomorrow may bring. If they are to shut down LGW and IMHO that is a very big IF then I would hope we would be slotted into somewhere at LHR. I think thats the way both unions tend to see it.

The way I suppose you have to look at it is "you pays ya money ya take ya chance". Only you can make the decision of what is right for you. However as you stated that you can't be positive about the fleet then perhaps it isn't right for you.

I only hope you make the choice that is right for you.

YD
Who can't wait for longhaul to start:D :D :D :D

yellowdog
17th Sep 2006, 21:19
I will also have to see whether new entrants get First training. If they do, I do not see why you wouldn't?

FBW
firstly I hope all is going well with the little bundle of fun:O

Secondly, the new entrants are not being first trained until they have their wings (normally after six months). This is so they can get to know a bit about service routines etc before being let loose in first.

As for the tranferees, after speaking to management the other day, I believe that they may get first training if they are not already, when they do their B737 conversion. We can really use their LH experience to help the transition go as smoothly as possible.

YD

yellowdog
17th Sep 2006, 21:26
How many days off a month can you expect to get currently as LGW eurofleet?

LMS,

The new agreement states that we all get 9 days off each month.

This comes into effect on 1 October.

The crew at the moment are getting more days off as there are so many crew waiting for the new fleet to start.

YD

yellowdog
17th Sep 2006, 21:48
yes you are right flybywire. I am not personally slagging off the hard working crew who work at LGW and i am sure i ll love working there, i just expressed my opinion regarding the huge difference of pay between different bases for doing a the same job ( in fact a lot more and harder work) I showed my roster to LHR WW crew for oct at LGW and told me "poor you , this would never happen here" .Its a question of something standing up and not accepting anything that a company wants to do to the staff.Regarding the transfer options, nothing has been agreed yet and the list wont open for LGW specially for new starters as they will be frozen for at least 2 years before they are able to put their names for a transfer. I am not going to come to LGW and talk about when and if the transfer will come but enjoy it and see the best out of it but this will not stop me to express my opinion when i want to do so.

newbagr,

welcome to the world of LGW.

as WLITS said, we have always been second rate cousins compared to LHR.:mad: :mad: People have been fighting to change it for years and unfortunately it is like banging a very small head against a very big and solid brick wall.:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

A change will come but, the change will be at LHR not LGW. IMHO hourly flight pay will be introduced and so will reduced crew numbers.

"I showed my roster to LHR WW crew for oct at LGW and told me "poor you , this would never happen here"" what exactly wouldn't happen here? Nowhere in the company has our mix of LH and SH so of course that wouldn't happen anywhere else. So I am not sure what you are getting at really.

As for the transfer list, the rules have always been the same. The transfer window opens 1st October every two years and you can put your name down for your lifestyle choice, transfer or working pattern.

I am not going to come to LGW and talk about when and if the transfer will come but enjoy it and see the best out of it but this will not stop me to express my opinion when i want to do so.

Good enjoy it, but don't forget the easiest way to rub some people up the wrong way at LGW, me included, is to come into the company as a relatively new person and harp on and on about LHR. I personally will offload crew at briefing if I think their attitude is not up to making the passengers and other crewmembers enjoy their flight:= .:= :=

YD

WeLieInTheShadows
17th Sep 2006, 22:25
Ouch! You go dog! I have to say "the wrong attitude" is certainly one of my pet hates. Breeding discontent in an otherwise happy crew will certainly get you crossed off my christmas card list.

Anyway....

From my understanding temps coming from WWLHR will be starting as new entrants here (i.e. seniority etc etc), so new seniority number and therefore will not recieve their FIRST training until they get their wings like everyone else.

The 2 day course is only 737 conversion.

The transfer agreement will happen at some point however the breakfast debate has now taken over.

The Amicus propose our date of joining NSP to be when we got a mainline contract, Apr 2002 I think. WW Amicus have agreed this so it's down to BASSA to go with this proposal.

If you think it's BA who have stopped EFLGW joining the NSP....THINK AGAIN!

It serves no purpose to them whatsoever not to have freedom of movement between fleets.

The real culprits are the unions (believe it or not), not the local EFLGW reps, but the LHR office. Egos, personal empire building, and infighting have all got in the way. Plus because it's was such a "joke" issue it was always put on the back burner in favour of more pressing matters (i.e. who is going to hand out GPM's on WW and how much will they get for it?) It's come down to us joining because all of a sudden SFLGW is not going to be a small community and cannot be ignored.

It is a shame, instead of trying to resolve the issue people decided transfering out asap was the solution (sound familiar to ANYONE reading) and to leave it all behind for others to join and face the same problems.:ugh:

Sad...but true.

As with anything in BA it's "right place at the right time". I personally have done ok out of all this and as a result of gambling that LGW will be the place to be "one day" am now a Cabin Manager on a P/T contract and will be eaning more on average than those who I joined with who are now WWLHR.

When the transfer list does eventually get sorted I'll have the option one day (probably in about 10 years!) to transfer with my rank and keep my pay. Job done.

What I'm trying to get across to those reading this is you can either look at life as "cup half full" or "cup half empty".

You make the best of what you have, and make choices along the way. Sometimes a little bit of luck comes your way, sometimes an educated gamble is needed now and then.

The problem with most cabin crew at BA is they are only focused on "their world" and don't see how things "actually work" or "why they work". They just follow the rules instead of chosing to understand them. I urge everyone to try to see the bigger picture, not just what they are told.

Lastly. If WWLHR is where you want to be, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. It's going to be over crewed for a long while now due to the influx of WWLGW crew. Now you have all the MAN crew transfering into WW and EFLHR(soon to be joined by the GLA crew if I'm not mistaken). Transfers between EFLHR and WWLHR will slow down to a hault, promotion will be non-existent for a while (all grades), and recruitment into EFLHR I don't see happening this year (think about the impending winter schedule not being as busy).

Like I said, look at the bigger picture.

Might not be what everyone wants to hear, but if you do your reasearch you'll realise what I've just said all adds up.

But hey....what do I know?

Goodnight Vienna!;)

flybywire
17th Sep 2006, 23:29
but don't forget the easiest way to rub some people up the wrong way at LGW, me included, is to come into the company as a relatively new person and harp on and on about LHR. I personally will offload crew at briefing if I think their attitude is not up to making the passengers and other crewmembers enjoy their flight:= .:= :=
YD

:E:E:E

Hello Mr CM!!!

Firstly thanks for reminding me one of the many reasons why I love flying with you :E :ok:

Second...the little bundle is getting bigger by the minute and I truly feel like a a bun in the oven:ouch: Enjoying some time off work at the moment but I am still there with my heart ;)

flybywire
17th Sep 2006, 23:41
WLITS :D

Just finished chatting to a friend of mine who joined EFLHR a couple of months after I joined EFLGW......she used to "make fun" of me in a way as she could see the differences between our contracts etc.

However...she would like to apply for purser when they open the recruitment but has laready been told that she won't be allowed for "seniority reasons".
After only 18months at LGW I had the chance to apply and 8 months later am now a purser and can enjoy a more relaxed pregnancy thanks to the basic salary that went up quite a lot!!

She wants to fly long haul and she just told me that she's a loooooooooooooooong way down and she won't see it for years (her words).

Now, considering all of these thing, to be honest....if an "experience" of long haul is what people are looking for then I would suggest they joined VS or some charter airlines (provided they are made permanent at the end of their temp. contracts). If instead they are looking for a career and possibly some work satisfaction then LGW is the place to be: I still cannot believe I got this promotion so quickly, and it's also thanks to this that I can afford to have a family of my own now.

Do not misunderstand me I do get frustrated at certain things - you have mentioned a few - when at work (and YD knows it well) however for me the cup is definitely half full.:)

Night night everybody

FBW

tuismile
18th Sep 2006, 08:15
Yellowdog!!! How the hell do you know soooo much?!!! You're like a big BA encyclopedia!!!!! (if that's how you spell it!!!)!!!!

YD is now my fountain of KNOWLEDGE!!!

On standby and soo very bored!! :-(

lgw29
18th Sep 2006, 09:20
i have to say well said yd and wlits could not have put it better myself
and yes yd big on the longhaul

yellowdog
18th Sep 2006, 09:50
Guys and Gals,

is anyone out there an employment lawyer? Looooooong shot I know!!

One thing that has been bothering me recently is the new age discrimination law. Supposedly this disallows an employer from discriminating on age or length of service. (I stand be corrected as always)

But if this is the case how does a company like BA which runs it's whole flight and cabin crew systems on seniority change to suit the law?

Anyone know anymore?

YD

flybywire
18th Sep 2006, 10:17
Guys and Gals,
is anyone out there an employment lawyer? Looooooong shot I know!!
One thing that has been bothering me recently is the new age discrimination law. Supposedly this disallows an employer from discriminating on age or length of service. (I stand be corrected as always)
But if this is the case how does a company like BA which runs it's whole flight and cabin crew systems on seniority change to suit the law?
Anyone know anymore?
YD

Sorry cannot help! But we were wondering the same...as you know MrFBW is an old man ;) so it will be interesting to see what happens. I do not know the deal for Cabin Crew in terms of discrimination, but flight crew have been offered to keep their command till they are 60 and then, if they wish to fly till they are 65, to be downgraded to first officers with first officers' pay, t&c...nice:ouch:

It is just the beginning of a long fight, I believe. I am very curious to see what will happen.

lord mash
20th Sep 2006, 11:40
Hi just wondering if anyone else out there has received their single fleet rosta for October and what it looks like it terms of the number of actual trips and out and backs etc . Not so much intersted in the destinations but the number of trips and night stops as will be travelling over 2 hours to get to work so really want to know how many out and backs you guys are getting how many standby days are they in blocks? Hoping we can start training November 6 if accepted . Thanks in advance Lord MASH ,

yellowdog
20th Sep 2006, 13:57
The transfer agreement will happen at some point however the breakfast debate has now taken over.

The Amicus propose our date of joining NSP to be when we got a mainline contract, Apr 2002 I think. WW Amicus have agreed this so it's down to BASSA to go with this proposal.

WLITS thats a real shame as last time I talked to one of the reps they seemde confident that the WW reps may accept taking our actual DOJ's rather than a blanket one. With the way recruitment was for ages at LGW I'm sure the few people that will need to slip into the seniority list relatively high up will make no difference at all to the 13000 people already on the list. But as you say only time will tell, lets hope its a good result:)

As with anything in BA it's "right place at the right time". I personally have done ok out of all this and as a result of gambling that LGW will be the place to be "one day" am now a Cabin Manager on a P/T contract and will be eaning more on average than those who I joined with who are now WWLHR.

When the transfer list does eventually get sorted I'll have the option one day (probably in about 10 years!) to transfer with my rank and keep my pay. Job done.

I'm glad you have done alright out of it, nice people like you deserve to have done OK. I too have done OK. PT, CM and given the opportunity to be in charge of the B777. A long way let me tell you from single crewed ATR42's.

The only question is if we were to transfer what would we transfer as? Being a CM with a silver tie and being an SCCM on the B777, would we go as CSD's or have to be ""demoted"" to Pursers? I think I know the answer but would like to take others persectives.

Hi just wondering if anyone else out there has received their single fleet rosta for October and what it looks like it terms of the number of actual trips and out and backs etc .

As I have been on my PT week I am too wondering what the new rosters look like? Anyone here got one and willing to share? Are the crew listed on the roster like WWLGW and WWLHR?

Take care all and hope to see you on the B777 soon
YD

WeLieInTheShadows
20th Sep 2006, 17:29
Hey YD.

This is the union (and most probable) line.

If we transfer well go as Pursers on the nearest LHR paypoint.

As CM is a developmental role that is still under review, we are still in effect Pursers with an extra "responsibility payment" in our wages (and a silver tie).

We have not gone up a grade and so will not be demoted.

We will also not take the responsibility payment with us if we transfer.

Not maybe what you wanted to hear, but probabaly what you expected to hear.

By the time we get to transfer anyway, we'll be ready to retire the list will be so slow.

The guys who'll get to LHR (in reasonable time) wil be the main crew. The purser list will look just like the one at EFLHR.....................loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg gg.:eek:

We're not going anywhere.

lgw29
22nd Sep 2006, 08:54
wlits just want to say all the best for the weekend to you and mrs wlits. hope all goes well and all the best to the both of you. nh

Kak Klaxon
22nd Sep 2006, 10:15
And the Pursers that transfer from SOU to LGW go in as main crew,why?

yellowdog
22nd Sep 2006, 12:06
WLITS,

Just to say really good luck for the big day. What a lovely couple Mrs WLITS and you will make.:D :D :D

All the best and heres hoping you have as long and as happy a marriage as I have had.

YD

Carnage Matey!
22nd Sep 2006, 13:35
And the Pursers that transfer from SOU to LGW go in as main crew,why?

Because the Pursers at SOU work for BA Connect, which is a seperate but wholly owned company. Hence it isn't a transfer in this sense as they are not part of the BA cabin crews collective bargaining agreement, it's a new job in a different firm.

Kak Klaxon
22nd Sep 2006, 13:47
I see,so they can fly the 767 ex MAN and LHR but not LGW.I also note that they have to hand their BA uniforms in on leaving SOU to be issued BA uniforms on arrival in LGW and do all their training again(guess BAR training is not up to the LGW standard).

Its all so strange,still I am sure Willy likes spending money!!

Carnage Matey!
22nd Sep 2006, 15:15
BAR training is up to standard. Exactly the same as BA standard in fact. The difference is that BA Connect crews were never in BAR, BAR was subsumed into BACX then BA Connect. People seem to think that because they fly around in a plane with BA colours on it then they are BA. Well, like the advert says, it doesn't work like that. You could work in a Macdonalds, wear the uniform, flip the same burgers, but it doesn't mean you work for Macdonalds, you work for whichever franchise happens to be running that particular branch. Its the same with BACon staff. They don't work for BA, they work for BACon, and when they leave BACon to go to BA they join a new company at the bottom of the seniority list.

PS BACon staff shouldn't be flying 767s out of LHR and it would be an understatement to say BASSA are fairly livid about it!

PPS BA make everybody return their uniform when they leave any BA-uniformed employment thats why you hand the uniform back when you leave BACon. The priority is to make sure uniforms remain acounted for, not to save a pittance on issuing new uniforms.

Kak Klaxon
22nd Sep 2006, 17:11
Thank you CM,we have been asking how this can be happening but the (BA) managment are not able to provide us with answers,do you fancy a stint at BAcon to sort it out.(close it down?).
I did not mean to imply that BA connect were BA staff its just that when BAR were intergrated the cabin crew had to be retrained at great cost to BA sops and now they will have to do the same stuff all over again.Guess Midflleet,EOG, Citiflyer, Dan Air or what ever they are to be called must have money to burn as it comes out of their budget.
Not so sure about the uniform thing,you return it to uniform stores,they throw it away and give you a new one.

PS I dont know anyone who works for BA connect who thinks they work for BA apart from the managers and pilots who actually do work for BA.
May I also say its nice to see you sticking up for your Cabin Crew.

LittleMissSunshine
23rd Sep 2006, 08:58
Please would some LGW crew post their first SF roster to give the newbies an idea of what to expect. Thanks x

banewboi
23rd Sep 2006, 13:48
FAO yd

i know a senior solicitor and discussed it with her, the regulations will apply to ba and any other company so will have to change the way promotions etc work, however, because of the size of ba and how intrinsic seniority is on their work practices ba could argue a postponement to the regualtions, i.e. bringing different parts of the regs in at different times, over a predetermined time scale. they could also argue that because of the size of the work force it would not be appropriate to implement all of the regs, a bit like when j major negotiated an opt out clause of maastricht. it is going to be a bit of a headache when the regs come in to force and i simply can't believe someone, somewhere isn't already working out a preliminary plan of action, time will tell!

SuperBoy
23rd Sep 2006, 14:09
I posed the same question to management at Cranebank and was told, quite categorically, with regards to bidding seniority rules but they will be looking into the seniority issue with regards to working positions.

The requirements for promotions change constantly to suit BA, it's all about right place right time.

As ever won't believe anything will change untill I see it in black and white.

:)

banewboi
23rd Sep 2006, 14:18
hi

i have my wings course coming up and would love to know what i have to do for it? exams, etc etc, can you give some kind of idea wlits or fbw, by the way wlits is fbw who i think she is?

keeperboy
23rd Sep 2006, 14:58
Hey YD.
This is the union (and most probable) line.
If we transfer well go as Pursers on the nearest LHR paypoint.
As CM is a developmental role that is still under review, we are still in effect Pursers with an extra "responsibility payment" in our wages (and a silver tie).
We have not gone up a grade and so will not be demoted.
We will also not take the responsibility payment with us if we transfer.
Not maybe what you wanted to hear, but probabaly what you expected to hear.
By the time we get to transfer anyway, we'll be ready to retire the list will be so slow.
The guys who'll get to LHR (in reasonable time) wil be the main crew. The purser list will look just like the one at EFLHR.....................loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg gg.:eek:
We're not going anywhere.

Transfers from LGW to LHR WW will go VERY slow.

Firstly, entry into NSP still hasn't happened and BASSA and BA are still going over the finer points.

Secondly, in terms of PSR promotion, most of it has to come from within the 'home fleet' (ie LHR WW mainline crew). Only a small amount of WW PSR transfers take place. There are a lot of LHR EF PSR waiting to transfer as well and I guess the majority (all?) will be more senior than LGW PSR within the NSP.

And finally, with the crew complements on LHR WW itself it is unlikely there will be many opportunities for PSR for anyone (BA want to remove one of the four pursers from the 747 therefore reducing overall PSR headcount).

I reckon you guys will have a ball down there.

I used to be on midfleet at LHR, loved it. A shame it went :-(

keeperboy
23rd Sep 2006, 15:06
I see,so they can fly the 767 ex MAN and LHR but not LGW.I also note that they have to hand their BA uniforms in on leaving SOU to be issued BA uniforms on arrival in LGW and do all their training again(guess BAR training is not up to the LGW standard).
Its all so strange,still I am sure Willy likes spending money!!

BA Connect crews cannot operate flights from LHR on the 767. Well that is the 'supposed line' that is meant to be followed.

In dire disruption BA are meant to get alleviation from the unions to allow LHR EF 767 crews to operate LHR WW 767 routes. They receive the same WW allowences for the trip and work to the same terms and conditions (ie WW required days off before and after a trip). However, on a couple occassions recently BA have by-passed LHR EF crews and got a MAN based BaCon crew down to do LHR WW routes. I doubt very much they are being paid the LHR WW rates that they should receive.

BASSA have a meeting on 2nd Oct where this issue will be raised.

Off Stand
23rd Sep 2006, 19:37
Banewboi,

The wings course is just an extension of your customer service training. No exams involved, just plenty of pretending to look interested. Then you get your wings and a piece of paper saying well done, the glamour!

Eddy
24th Sep 2006, 10:53
....just plenty of pretending to look interested.

And the cardinal rule of the Wings Course - just shut up.

Sit there, be quiet, don't say a word. If you say something that the trainers don't like - one trainer in particular - you'll be beaten down for it. For shame.

gymlizzy
24th Sep 2006, 12:30
Hi Guys

I really do need some help................. I am starting my training a week on Monday (2nd October) LGW and I am getting quite nervous to say the least. I am just ploughing my way through the training pack, which was sent out, and I need some help.
The airport codes are driving me nuts and I really think I am spending to much time on trying to learn them all, Would I be safe if I was just to learn the codes for flights departing from Gatwick?
Can anyone advise on how much detail I need to take in, do I need to quote facts and figures, In a nutshell do I need to know all of these books inside out and back to front, any help and advice would be greatly welcome, before I overdose on coffee and nicotine, LOL.
If anyone can give me any insight into the exams in the first week this would be a great help.
Hope to hear from anyone soon..................
Gymlizzy x

HZ123
24th Sep 2006, 13:25
Course purpose and objectives
Timetables
Contracts - with trainers
On board experiences
Motivation career plans
The BA way
Teams and Roles
Service development catering in flite products
Business brief fleet update
H & S
Security Asset protection Behaviour abroad
Punctuallity / uniform standards
Lots of powerpoints and Videos
Fire training at LHR Bar plus
Just a few things to be going along with. Study a bit on the BA web, routes goals etc and it will give you a good start. Enjoy.

flyer55
25th Sep 2006, 11:21
Hi all

Interesting reading of all the posts re LGW , its going to be an interesting time ahead with all the changes , new routes new positions - CM (hi all fellow cms)
For all the New Crew who are joining welcome to the family :D hope you enjoy working out of London Gatwick ! Reading from a post above cant remember which one - sorry about crew coming in from SOU BA Connect , just wondered if their was many coming in?

Also, have a couple of questions if anybody can answer :

Heard MAN-JFK (767 operation) going to LHR Crew any truth?

And whats going on at GB Airways and any truth in the rumour Virgin intending to buy them and they want to end the franchise?

thanks

p.s hi yellow dog !

sammyjayne
25th Sep 2006, 12:15
hiya, can the cabin shoes that are worn for take off/landing be completely flat or do they have to have some sort of heel? thanks

BMED LHR
25th Sep 2006, 13:03
And whats going on at GB Airways and any truth in the rumour Virgin intending to buy them and they want to end the franchise?

The Franchise Agreement

GB Airways became a British Airways franchise in 1995. The franchise agreement now runs until 2010. GB Airways is still under contract with British Airways until 2010.

Kyledubai
26th Sep 2006, 07:13
:hmm: Hey! My Mum was a cabin crew for BA at LGW and I'm looking for apprenticeship on aero-notical engineer! I've already spoken to Mark Rose! Any tips for working in BA?

marlowe
26th Sep 2006, 07:47
Flyer55 i was told by a BACON cabin crew manager last week that there is no intention of the MAN 767 returning to mainline crews. But then again the BACON mismanagement live on a different planet to everbody else in the company!!!

Carnage Matey!
26th Sep 2006, 09:55
BACon will do as they're told by big BA. If big BA want the 767 back at LHR to use on more lucrative routes then BACon can wave their JFK route goodbye.

Off Stand
26th Sep 2006, 10:46
I believe flyer55 said the 767 maybe going to LHR crew, not going to LHR.

apaddyinuk
26th Sep 2006, 13:05
I believe flyer55 said the 767 maybe going to LHR crew, not going to LHR.

Why would they want it to be operated by BA mainline crew when its far cheaper and profitable to have the BAcon crew operate it????

Im 767 trained out of LHR and I have not heard this rumour at all. Nice thought indeed but it wont happen!

banewboi
28th Sep 2006, 13:45
not heard the thing about virgin buyin gb but good to know that they are contracted until 2010, lots of rumours about them loosin the franchise,

i think that ba are cutting costs to go for an expansion in the not too distant future, they tried for american last but it wouldn't have worked because of the regulations in place at lhr, it's only a matter of time before they move to t5, lgw is running profitabley and they can reopen the man and gla bases (if gls closes) and then try to merge/take over another company maybe one of the franchises? gb or bmed or logan or somethin? what do people think?

BMED LHR
28th Sep 2006, 14:47
Logan Air will remain under British Airways franchise until at least 2008.

beauport potato man
28th Sep 2006, 15:28
I believe GB will be coming out of the franchise next year.

It is true that the current deal is till 2010 but that doesn't mean they can't end it early.

GB has already parted company with BA engineering, Virgin now do our engineering. Ground handling may well be next if the current fiasco at LGW continues.

Virgin/GB tie up has been looked into by a commissioned independent finance group (strong rumour)

I think BA would be foolish to let it go but thats what its looking like. This'll also make EasyJet the biggest operator at LGW (BA was only bigger in passenger terms when you included GB figures) and therefore have some sort of right to the North Terminal.....

interesting stuff eh

BPM

BMED LHR
28th Sep 2006, 16:33
27th September 2006
THREE NEW SERVICES FOR SUMMER 2007
GB Airways is to launch three new services from London for Summer 2007.

The airline will start flights from London Heathrow to Faro, from London Gatwick to Corfu and from London Gatwick to Mykonos.
The new flights will start in May 2007 and will be operated by Airbus A320 with Club Europe and Euro Traveller cabins.
GB Airways’ managing director Kevin Hatton said: “These new flights add key destinations to our network. Faro is important for leisure passengers and a gateway to the ever-increasing second home market in the Algarve.
These are the first full service scheduled flights to Corfu and Mykonos from the UK and open the islands up to the independent traveller who books their own flight on the internet as well as those customers who travel with our tour operator partners.”
Corfu and Mykonos become the third and fourth Greek islands on the network having launched flights to Rhodes last year and Heraklion in 2004.
The airline already operates up to four daily flights to Faro from London Gatwick and a daily service to the Portuguese island of Madeira.

I think GB Airways , is not leaving British Airways yet ( Which is a good thing ), And Mykonos is such a lovely destination .I'll have to book those hotline ticket's for next year , As standby would be full . Oh so excited , Great destination and to be looked after by fantastic GB Airways Crew .

banewboi
28th Sep 2006, 16:33
surely if they came out of it it would cost them a fortune, and if they did surely ba would get their routes back? what would gb do without the ba franchise?

yellowdog
29th Sep 2006, 15:59
I've got a mate who works for GB so will ask him when I see him next what the craic is. I'm sure he's probably off galavanting roung the far east somewhere.:rolleyes:

flybywire
29th Sep 2006, 19:19
WLITS....just a quick diversion....

Congrats to you and mrs WLITS - cannot wait to see her to hear all the details!!! You chose my birthday as the big day so rest assured I and Mr FBW thought of you a lot! :E
(funnily enough my best friend gave birth to a little girl almost 2 months early on the same day! big coincidences!!)

Looking forward to seeing you very soon on the 3rd floor......:E

flybywire
29th Sep 2006, 19:24
hi
i have my wings course coming up and would love to know what i have to do for it? exams, etc etc, can you give some kind of idea wlits or fbw, by the way wlits is fbw who i think she is?

Hi banewboi :)

Don't worry, there are no tests for your wing course (as far as I know!!) but you do need to have all your new entrant assesments completed and handed in before your course!!

Good luck and when you're in H6 why don't you come up to the 3rd floor to see if I really am who you think I am :E

FBW:E

(You are making me very curious now! Who could I be....) ;)

yellowdog
30th Sep 2006, 08:53
"Dear Colleague,

We have met with your Trade Unions this week. The purpose of the meetings was to resolve the issue of Bed and Breakfast. As I previously communicated, there is a difference of opinion between the Company and your Representatives on the matter.

To date no solution has been found through the collective bargaining process. We intend to continue discussions and the Company have informally suggested using binding arbitration. This would take place with an independent third party and the outcome would be binding on both sides.

In addition to the Elapsed Hourly Rate you receive for subsistence British Airways has managed to negotiate food and beverage discounts in most of our hotels. For example crew receive a 25% discount on all food and beverages purchased in the hotel in Orlando.

We feel that the arrangements in Antigua merit a slightly different approach. We have asked the hotel to provide breakfast for the cabin crew, the cost of which will be picked up by British Airways. There is no food and beverage discount in the hotel in Antigua.

We are endeavouring to find a satisfactory outcome to this issue and ever effort is being made to ensure this happens. Independent arbitration is a way forward if both parties agree to this.

Thank you for your continued patience. "

Well that's the latest position, which IMHO, still stinks!

YD

flybywire
30th Sep 2006, 10:12
You're right YD, it does stink. They will have to really improve that hourly rate if they want to get away with not providing B&B.

Otherwise, and you have no idea how I feel really sorry to say it, it will be cheaper to stay at home!!!
The Hourly Allowance is NOT a substitute of the meal allowance that crew receive at LHR. This must be made clear!! There's no comparison between the two so I hope the Unions will put their foot down for once!!

I only know too well how expensive food can be in some hotels, and I also remember that when working for another company when Breakfast was not included, crew used to go out for breakfast all the time(hotels were charging a fortune) sometimes eating in dodgy places (because it was cheaper) and a few times I had to attend colleagues who caught listeria/salmonella/food poisoning. Not nice.

We'll see what happens. I hope this B&B matter is only affecting LH at the moment and I hope that SH is still the same, otherwise I can foresee a huge revolution!!

FBW

HZ123
30th Sep 2006, 14:35
Rumour at Waterworld as you may already know is within 12 month of T 5 LH routes will be back to LHR, so it will suit the management to hold out.

Carnage Matey!
30th Sep 2006, 14:46
Really? Where are they going to magic up the slots for those then? And indeed where will they park them given that T5 isn't big enough for our existing operation.

The Hourly Allowance is NOT a substitute of the meal allowance that crew receive at LHR. This must be made clear!! There's no comparison between the two so I hope the Unions will put their foot down for once!!

How much is the hourly rate, as flight crew all get an hourly rate which is a substiture for the meal allowances they used to get at LHR. Whats different at LGW?

yellowdog
30th Sep 2006, 15:11
How much is the hourly rate, as flight crew all get an hourly rate which is a substiture for the meal allowances they used to get at LHR. Whats different at LGW?

Carnage,

We currently get £2.32 ph. The difference is the FD, from what I understand got a basic pay increase when they went to hourly flight pay, and the percentage of their wages that is made up from FHR is tiny compared to that of LGW CC.

I do agree with the LH though. No slots, Bermuda II to sort out, low revenue routes, don't think it'll happen.

YD

flybywire
30th Sep 2006, 19:22
Really? Where are they going to magic up the slots for those then? And indeed where will they park them given that T5 isn't big enough for our existing operation.

As flight crew you get more than just an hourly allowance. It's just a different situation and although I cannot really understand what all your allowances are for (and mr fbw hasn't really explained it very well) I know you get about £10 per flying hour amongst the other things. You also get paid another hourly rate round the clock.
We get about £2.30.

YD well done for explaining that :ok: the basic pay increase basically pays for their breakfast.

twisted-diamonddolly
3rd Oct 2006, 11:42
Stick to your guns and get the breakfast paid for - come on BASSA!. I have just come back from the last LGW WW operated ANU. The hotel in ANU is a rip off and you pay through the nose for food and drink. In a 5 day trip I spent nearly £100 and thats mostly on food( ok and a few cocktails) You don't have tea and coffee in your room and since your stuck at the top of a cardiac hill its pretty hard to go anywhere else unless you wanna walk down to the beach or get a cab. Most places around the hotel are quite pricey anyway. your £2.20 per hour won't go that far... fight for the free breakfast...
:=

yellowdog
3rd Oct 2006, 12:11
twisted,

thanks for your support. That's the kind of thing we need, not fatuous remarks from FC

"How much is the hourly rate, as flight crew all get an hourly rate which is a substiture for the meal allowances they used to get at LHR. Whats different at LGW?"

moaning that they don't get BB anymore!

YD

Tess Tickelss
3rd Oct 2006, 12:18
It is so sad for the crew to have this new fleet set up without all the agreements in place. It does seem that BA is the winner all the way to the bank and the cabin crew will be the ones who suffer. Keep pushing and keep telling your manager you can't afford to eat.
I've been to the caribbean and I know how expensive it is. Even £100 won't really go far over the course of a few days.
Good luck.

flybywire
4th Oct 2006, 08:02
[QUOTE=Tess Tickelss;2886152]It is so sad for the crew to have this new fleet set up without all the agreements in place. It does seem that BA is the winner all the way to the bank and the cabin crew will be the ones who suffer. [QUOTE]

Exactly. If it had been done for the EF LGW crew's pleasure only it wouldn't have happened. They were dying to make us sign for that damn agreement. If only more people had said no they might have given us a better deal,they needed us to operate a single fleet regardless, but people were dying at the prospect of doing longhaul.....:=

BA never do anything,however small, to please and especially reward their employees, revenue and cost savings are the only two things that drive the company. Sad, but true. :{

flyer55
4th Oct 2006, 09:52
Twisted thanks for that we all need to start spreading the word that some places down route crew will spend alot on food ie Antigua !

twisted-diamonddolly
6th Oct 2006, 11:26
I don't think the crew realise that flying longhaul you will need to use your crewcard. I flew SH for 14 years didn't really spend that much on trips. Longhaul esp when its not a nightstop , you do end up spending money - ANU, KIN, BGI, BDA, TPA and IAH will all dent your crewcard. A free breakfast will save you atleast £100 a month.

Off Stand
6th Oct 2006, 12:11
Twisted,

I haven't used my crew card in over a year. I draw money out at travelex or use ATM's down route. That way, I know what is coming out of my account, not my payslip.

eddia
18th Oct 2006, 13:08
Hi, I was wondering if BA international crew able to apply for based in e.g LGW or any london base? coz seems base in london can fly to more places more then other nation crew.:rolleyes:

SuperBoy
18th Oct 2006, 13:36
If you have the right to live and work in the uk you can apply.

eddia
18th Oct 2006, 15:01
thanks superboy~ well,which means BA don't apply work permit for us to stay in EU? if we don't have an EU passport we cannot be base in London?*apologise for so much qns**:rolleyes:

SuperBoy
18th Oct 2006, 16:18
No apologies necessary we work for the same company, :) We can't transfer to the outstations either and believe me there is alot of poeple who would love to. ;)

eddia
18th Oct 2006, 16:35
thankyou so much superboy. U r great! :ok:

SuperBoy
24th Oct 2006, 23:28
Can anyone please give me a few genuine tips on Carmen. I have listened to quite a few people gargle rubbish about it and still am none the wiser. Tried to find out through proper company channels and they informed me ever so kindly that it would not be right for them to tell me how to use the system, the same system that THEY expect us to bid for what WE want. :ugh::ugh::ugh: Go figure.

Hey ho, if anyone can pm with any ideas, I would GREATLY appreciate it :ok::ok::ok:

WeLieInTheShadows
25th Oct 2006, 16:30
What would you like to know superboy?

Maybe I can help?;)

SuperBoy
25th Oct 2006, 17:19
WeLieInTheShadows,

Check ur pm's
:)

WeLieInTheShadows
25th Oct 2006, 21:06
I'll see if I can compile a list of top tips for bidding along with some examples etc etc.

Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can do.

As you know it's not the easiest system to get your head around, but I know my way around it better than most.:cool:

SuperBoy
25th Oct 2006, 23:26
Thank you, Much appreciated. :ok:

DarkStar
26th Oct 2006, 04:48
HZ123 was correct in his comments about the LH network being transferred to LHR when T5 opens. The BA operation will be split using T3 as well as T5 and slots do exist at the expense of unprofitable SH routes.

Also, expect Actuals instead of allowances within two years. :*

WeLieInTheShadows
26th Oct 2006, 18:51
HZ123 is indeed correct that BA would love to move ATL, IAH, and DFW to LHR.

BA have made no secret that this is the case either.

However...these routes are going nowhere until openskies is agreed with the US (about as much chance of that happening soon as there is of me being given Willie's job when he leaves!), and the Bermuda II agreement is made null and void.

T5 or no T5.

BA also has succesfully marketed LGW at the leisure market. The other LH routes left are heavily in this segment of the market as well.

They make good money and are by enlarge full most of the time. Now BA makes even more money on them (new fleet delivering cost savings of £12.5M P.A.) as they have reduced the crew compliment on board these routes and cthe crew are being paid on the whole less and are doing the work more efficiently than the WWLGW crew.

So transferring these routes to LHR (a more expensive airport), where they would carry the same amount of customers they are now and be crewed by more expensive staff on a more restrictive contract could be considered a backwards move. But hey...anything is possible. It would make more sense to transfer down to LGW more less non airport sensive/leisure routes (Mauritius for example) where they could make even more money for BA and of course this would free up slots for IAH/ATL/DFW should the need ever arrise.

However you are correct that BA could drop unprofitable EFLHR routes (I'm unsure which routes you reffer to though) and use the slots. As has been said on here before many times by many people "BA can change the goalposts when it likes".

Also I've heard most of the leadership team asked this question many times and at no time have they ever said they wish to pull out of LGW or even the longhaul side.

At the moment, it doesn't make business sense.

But hey....what will be...will be.

With refference to "actuals" or I assume you mean the "hourly rate", BA are not finished with this one and will come at the LHR crew again have no doubt. With the tax man taking 40% of EFLHR allowances I'm sure it could be quite tempting.

CSD as a working position is in the pipeline as well.

LGW is the blueprint for the new look LHR have no mistake. It may take time, but things WILL change. Look at what's happening to crew compliments on EFLHR, look familiar anyone at SFLGW?

One thing is certain. Making more money and saving money is the motivation behind any route transfers or contract changes, and if any action BA makes doesn't result in either of those things...it ain't happening!

P.S. still working on the Carmen tips, be patient.:uhoh:

Kak Klaxon
27th Oct 2006, 14:00
Carnage Matey,SOU cabin crew are now keeping there uniforms when they go to LGW,makes you wonder how far up the greasy pole prune readers are,Hello Rod!

flybywire
27th Oct 2006, 19:05
LGW is the blueprint for the new look LHR have no mistake. It may take time, but things WILL change. Look at what's happening to crew compliments on EFLHR, look familiar anyone at SFLGW?

WLITS how many times did we say that.....isn't it amazing?
I had foreseen that even before I joined BA, and yet it is not me (or you) who gets the xxK bonus for the great idea...ever wondered why?

Guys BA is saving A LOT of money with the SF, whatever happens crew at LGW will keep operating both LH and SH, whatever routes they move or not move isn't really important to us as crew. We have no destination payments of box payments so anything could happen.
If they want to take DFW or ATL or IAH... please help Yourself Willie, we know that something else will have to come "down the road" as we all know the situation with slots at LHR. Plus, one can agree or not with Him, but Willie doesn't care who does what as long as it's profitable and keeps the base costs down. It's all in His hands and SFLGW has already started proving His point. ;)

FBW

lord mash
27th Oct 2006, 20:01
Just to say good luck to all SOU Bacons starting as new entrants at singlefleet 6 November.
& for every other member of cabin crew at SOU who could not go especially the part timer mothers i sincerely wish you all the luck in the future and hope you continue to be happy and healthy even though you have lost the jobs you loved.
See you at the P*SS Up tomorrow night. :{

flyer55
29th Oct 2006, 10:42
Is their many crew coming in from BA CONNECT at SOU ?

WeLieInTheShadows
29th Oct 2006, 18:31
Ok I've tried to write a comprehensive guide to Carmen and there's just too much to cover. SO... I propose starting a new thread devoted to this subject.

sammyjayne
3rd Nov 2006, 20:12
carmen is so confuseing!! maybe you could give me some tips, not a clue what im doing!! :ugh:

flybywire
4th Nov 2006, 09:12
Is their many crew coming in from BA CONNECT at SOU ?

A few of them are. I am preparing their paperwork to start their course with us at SF LGW. But it's not many of them, I have to say. At the moment we also have only three New Entrant courses scheduled to start from now till the end of February, and two of them start in the next 2 weeks and one at the beginning of january.
God knows what's going to happen then!!

flybywire
4th Nov 2006, 09:30
carmen is so confuseing!! maybe you could give me some tips, not a clue what im doing!! :ugh:

Some tips for you:

- Be careful with negative bids (i.e. AVOID bids). They might work for a while but then can suddenly go against you! You might find that for a couple of months an Avoid bid has avoided you the dreaded doubles, but then the following month you get 4 (which is the maximum you can get rostered in a month, by the way). This is because Carmen could read an Avoid as a preference. Silly but true.

- If you want nightstops, bid for any nightstop, don't be too choosy (for example "I want a MAN nightstop every other friday night") as your chances of getting what you want then are reduced. For example just put a bid of 200 points for any nightstop, anytime, multiplied by x times, chances are you will get a few nightstops this way.

- A manager once told me that anything with availability below 40 is almost impossible to get for a fairly new crew, so check with the "filter" option how many trips there are that correspond to your wish before submitting the final bid.

- Keep bid lines to a minimum, the more bid lines you put, the more confusing it gets for Carmen (she doesn't have a PhD!)

- Try not to outbid your main bid. For example:

You ask once for the 13th November off and you give 200 points.

Then you ask for 3 there&backs and give 100 points to this bid line = Carmen thinks: 3 x 100 = 300 so considers your second bid as more important. If Carmen gives you even only 2 of these there&backs your overall satisfaction will be 200, which is the same as your main bid. So be careful!!!

- I have found myself that I get better satisfaction if I "trick" the silly cow by using odd numbers, i.e. 199 points for my top bid, 99 instead of 100 for my second and 49 instead of 50 for the third and so on when I have more requests. Remember though to always calculate that your 2nd and possibly 3rd bid do not outbid your first!!

That's it I cannot think of anything else right now, but if I do I will post it for you later.

Hope it helps!!! I am sure that when I go back to work you'll be such an expert in "Carmenology" that you'll give me tips :E

FBW;)

newbagr
5th Nov 2006, 13:39
guys i thought there is still loads of new entrants to start over the next month....this is what i was told at least like there is 2 courses every week plus the guys who are coming every week from LHR one course a week...so its maybe a lot more than 3 courses altogether:-)

flybywire
7th Nov 2006, 09:59
Newbagr, I hope you take my word for the truth and not for a rumour as Icompleted the training plans for LGW until mid Feb myself last thursday.
There are only 3 new entrant cabin crew courses scheduled from now till february. One of them started yesterday, that leaves 2, one commencing monday next week and one starting in the first half of january. There were another 3 new entrant courses scheduled but have been indefinitely cancelled - i.e. we do not know whether they'll take place or when.

There are however lots of Fleet Transfer courses (i.e. B777 conversions for ex-EF LGW crew) and a few (one per week or every other week) 737 Transfer courses for those WW LHR crew who were on a temporary contract.

Our trainers will be very busy in the next few months with these fleet transfer courses together with CM & Purser promotion and Wings courses.

FBW

flyer55
7th Nov 2006, 10:08
Flyby wire thats interesting info as did hear the other day new entrant courses still running till feb actually going to be in hangar 6 for my CM course so any tips appreciated , will send you a PM !

Any other news any news about the MAN - JFK route ?

SuperBoy
7th Nov 2006, 10:55
Don't know if this is true but have heard it from various different departments at compass.

Regards to the MAN-JFK route.

- It's on a 767
- Engineering equipment is in place for 767 and not 777
- LGW are not 767 trained

There are great deal more theories but I think this makes the most sense.

flybywire
7th Nov 2006, 11:00
so many rumours are going around at the moment, I even heard that it will be done by EF LHR crew. I guess we'll have to wait and see, to be honest I wouldn't like the idea of positioning to MAN then operate the JFK route and vice versa.

Thank god our agreement doesn't allow to combine SH and LH sectors like the old single fleet contract, otherwise I could see the situation of SF LGW crew operating W patterns to JFK via MAN as highly likely!!!!:uhoh:

FBW

flyer55
7th Nov 2006, 15:06
Well W patterns are in our MOA , so you never know !

flybywire
7th Nov 2006, 16:24
Well W patterns are in our MOA , so you never know !

True...but I believe you cannot mix a short-haul with a long-haul duty though. However nothing would keep us from positioning prior to a LH flight, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!
Maybe YD or WLITS have fresher gossip...... ;)

flyer55
7th Nov 2006, 16:54
Yeah thaths true you cant mix LH and SH in the same day , but we could do
LGW-JFK(NS)-MAN(NS)-JFK(NS)-LGW thats if LGW gets a JFK !! Who knows !!!

Or we could do what Charter does position up and position back !

flybywire
10th Nov 2006, 18:32
For anybody out there who is interested.......

GATWICK FLEET PART TIME

As you are aware the Eurofleet Gatwick Lifestyle Choice Framework expired in September. Any unachieved bids from that list are now null and void. We are pleased to advise you that a new opportunity to apply for a change of contract type will be opened this month.

We will open the list on Monday 20 November 2006 at 0900hrs

We will close the list on Sunday 31 December 2006 at 1200hrs

The list will be valid for 12 months. This will bring Gatwick Fleet in line with the Opportunities and Choice Framework, which currently applies, to LHR and GLA. In Winter 2007 a new Opportunities and Choice will open for the entire NSP. At this stage you will be able to bid for a change in contract type and/or a fleet transfer along with your LHR and GLA colleagues.

A document, titled ‘Part-Time at Gatwick Fleet’, is available on the intranet. This explains the part-time arrangements for the variable contracts at Gatwick Fleet.
.... (message truncated)

How the transfer within the NSP will work I have no idea, however I hope his will make many people happy! :ok:

flybywire
11th Nov 2006, 10:29
superairhostess your inbox is full and I cannot send you any private messages! remember to delete the messages you have sent as well as the old ones you do not need anymore :ok:

For the many people who have asked me when the transfer list opens, as the memo says that will be october/november 2007, to get in line with the rest of the NSP, and it will be valid for 2 years. Then it should re-open in 2009, 2011 and so on.
Next year, when the time gets closer, BA will send everybody a memo about it and will give full explanation on how to apply together with an application form.

FBW

superairhostess
11th Nov 2006, 13:14
Cheers FBW!:)

sammyjayne
11th Nov 2006, 16:05
hiya i need to join a union soon, but im not sure who to go with, i have two choices Amicus(cc89) which is based at gatwick and is operated my gatwick crew(?) and is cheap, or theres Bassa, i have heard they are a strong union and get things moving but are more expensive! in general what does every one think!

eiggy
11th Nov 2006, 17:13
Sammyjayne, have we been naughty? Being LGW Crew, I have to be honest and say that they both seam to be as useless as each other! The only real difference between he two is if you are lucky enough to be on a Part-Time contract as CC89 will give you a special rate of £5.50pm. As for geting things moving, the Unions and Company seam to spend more time in 'cooling-off' periods than anything else. Neither of them are worth the amount they charge if you are Full-Time Crew unless of course you have been a naughty boy/girl!!!!!!!

sammyjayne
12th Nov 2006, 08:40
everyone says to be backed by a union because there could be a strike, (well thats what the Bassa rep told us in our new entrant course)! just to be on the safe side i think i should join one! :O

flyingfairy
12th Nov 2006, 12:27
Does anyone know what you need to take with you to your first day at Ba training course at LGW (the security bit). I have lost my letter telling me what to take!!!

WeLieInTheShadows
12th Nov 2006, 12:50
Spot on SJ.

Should it come down to a strike, the company will bank on a lot of crew not belonging to the union (and so not being able to strike).

For example.

Unions decide to strike over the breakfast allowance.

Out of 1500 crew only 300 belong to the union.

So....300 crew on strike. BA and the operation struggles on because BA offers overtime, cancels P/T, leave etc etc etc and gets through the strike without cancelling too many services (short haul only as BA will protect LH at all costs).

Result.

BA take away the breakfast allowance anyway realising the crew and unions can't do anything about it anyway becasue they are so weak.

You think LHR will walk out over our breakfast?

Think again.

Join the union guys. Or loose your breakfast.

eiggy
12th Nov 2006, 16:23
I think those of us at LGW need to ask ourselves a question or two, can we really expect the support of our Unions we do lose our b/f allowance?

I think I would have a better chance of winning this Fridays £120m EuroMillions jackpot than there being a strike over this a LGW. If there was serious talk of strike do we really think for one second think that LHR will be walking out with us? Could we pull off a strike without their support on the matter?

I think its safe to say that we have well and truly been run ragged by the company over the past few years and have never really had a say in any of it. How many times has our Unions consulted us 'members' on any of the changes we have endured?

Anyway, I think if there is talk about striking anytime soon it won't be over our b/f, it will be to do with this pension fiasco.

Don't believe everything you get told on your initial training! I still think they are not worth the money! Meow!

sammyjayne
12th Nov 2006, 16:43
flying fairy, well i took passport and passport picture, i think that was it regarding getting your pass! i just finished my training 4th nov, do you start your 5wks tomorrow?

flybywire
12th Nov 2006, 17:49
Does anyone know what you need to take with you to your first day at Ba training course at LGW (the security bit). I have lost my letter telling me what to take!!!

Ok I do not have access to the list now as I am not feeling well and will be off sick for a while.

However I remember a few bits:

-P45: if you bring it the first day the company will send it to pay&people services for you otherwise after that it will be your responsibility.

-BA resources passport which should have been sent to you already. You'll need that to collect your temp ID from the BA ID issuing gate.

-2 passport-sized pictures of yourself with your name written on the back

-Your passport

-1st steps to excellence - I do not know if this is one of the things, however the FSTE exam is usually on day 2 or 3 of the course and many people seem to fail it, so it would be a good idea to bring it if you have any doubts or questions for your trainers.

-any other paperwork that needs to be handed to your trainers. I am not familiar with the paperwork new entrants receive, so if in doubt just bring it along. Maybe WLITS knows more than me...?!

Again I would like to stress that any delay at any time during the course will result in behavioural points being accrued, even one minute late will count, so make sure you leave enough time, especially on day one when the queue at the ID unit can be quite long. Mobile phones have also been ringing during some sessions resulting in further points being earned. (The trainers will explain to you the points process on day one)

The dress attire is smart unless otherwise advised for some AVMed/SEP days, I have seen some new entrants arriving on day one in jeans :uhoh: ....well, let's just say it was quite embarassing for them, bless!

I really hope you'll have a great time on your course, I still remember it as one of the most exciting and fun times of my career, yes it can be hard at times - SEP in particular and it needs quite a lot of practising on your own - however you'll see your trainers are there for you anytime if you need any help they'll be more than happy to assist you!

Have fun and do not forget to bring your camera!!! Experience tells me there'll be LOTS to photograph ;)

FBW

tofster
12th Nov 2006, 19:53
I think those of us at LGW need to ask ourselves a question or two, can we really expect the support of our Unions we do lose our b/f allowance?
Anyway, I think if there is talk about striking anytime soon it won't be over our b/f, it will be to do with this pension fiasco.
Don't believe everything you get told on your initial training! I still think they are not worth the money! Meow!

Are you from management? We have to stick together on this one at LGW. I am in the union and would strike in a heart beat over this matter and I know that I am not alone in this. We dont need the support of LHR over our breakfast allowance. If we went on strike I dont think the would be operating our flights for us. The company would have to take notice. I really would urge any new recruits to join a union incase it should come to the worse. Its around a tenner a month, personally I spend more than that on sweets a month! :} :} :}

eiggy
12th Nov 2006, 20:40
Me?...Management? Don't mean to be rude but I'm far from that. My point is that at the end of the day it don't realy matter how passonate we crew/ambassadors of the company are. If we don't have the support of our Unions (which includes crew at LHR) then we ain't got a leg to stand on when it comes to striking.

(NB legal/illegal), we can't be legal if we ain't got the support. x

For the record I would also strike over this, so I'm with you tofster but I urge you to approach your rep about this matter as I have done, result - I ain't gonna waste too much money on this Fridays Lotto:)

I stand by my previous comments about the Unions usefullness, but, if I have to recommend one I will say CC89 as they are cheaper and are a lot more "approachable" x

SuperBoy
13th Nov 2006, 01:23
Well I'd love to say we will be triumphant on the breakfast issue but I'm sure we won't be.

I recently flew with a union rep and he seems to think that the meal allowances are going but BA will increase our hourly duty pay by a few pence an hour which should equate to approx GBP11 on a 3 day trip. Yeah :ugh:

I belong to the union but am sorry to say that I do not have alot of faith in them. Look at the way BA implemented the eg300 and changes to the procedures. Cutting back on SH crew. Cutting back on LH crew, Pensions I mean the list does go on and on. What have the unions done? There in 'talks' with BA.

I really really hope I'm proven wrong but until then...

flybywire
13th Nov 2006, 11:28
Sorry for changing the subject a little, have you guys seen this http://www.newclubworld.com/ what do you think?

eiggy
13th Nov 2006, 17:20
BA Staff:

Access BA Intranet, check out News section, (click on News - top left of screen) then 'New Club World unveiled'.
The link at the bottom of the page titled 'view images of the new Club World' is quite cool, gives you loads of images of the cabin.

Also, visit 'Talking Point' it allows you to leave comments, some of which cracked me up, quote:

"Great! That's that one out of the way, now, let's buy a load of sexy
new planes to put it in... I'll look at that ugly pension thing tomorrow"...

And my personal favourite:

"My mum had a Tupperware box not dissimilar to this".

I love BA People!:)

flyer55
13th Nov 2006, 17:32
Yeah checked out that website not bad but also seen the new seat different !

BMED LHR
13th Nov 2006, 17:41
Wow ...
It's lovely , I hope the Passenger's love it !!
well done British Airways :D

flybywire
15th Nov 2006, 08:36
hello flying_phil

I'd suggest you ask the question on the LHR specific thread. To be honest I do not have a clue on what is installed on the LH 767s, I am sure that the short haul 767s do not have any individual screens but the LH might have, I do not fly on it and when I go on holiday I avoid taking the flight operated by the 767s.........nothing wrong with it, I just hate the plane, long story that comes from years of working on it for another company.:uhoh:

So unless someone here knows exactly the answer to your question the best thing would be to ask the colleagues at EF or WW LHR. The LHR specific thread might be on the next page as it tends to be a bit quieter than this one.

Good luck with applying for the job!!

Ciao

FBW

tuismile
15th Nov 2006, 20:13
when are rosters out!!! arrghhhh!!! got a life to plan!! lol..moan over!! lol mwah xxxxxxxx

SuperBoy
15th Nov 2006, 22:06
Tuismile,

Apparently it will only be out on th 20th as there handwriting most of it now.

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 07:23
Tuismile,

Apparently it will only be out on th 20th as there handwriting most of it now.

That is ridiculous.........:mad: :mad: :mad: They always mess it up! When it happened to the pilots in July/August Balpa made a huge fuss about it as roster publishing is part of the agreement, but because it's cabin crew stuff they probably won't even give you an update on what's going on. :mad: There have been cases when rosters were late - or very late - and nobody said a word, not a crewlink message, nothing.......:mad:

lgw30
16th Nov 2006, 07:49
the rules say that rosters have to be out 10 days before the end of the month so the 20th could be right so the unions can do nothing

SuperBoy
16th Nov 2006, 09:58
Flybywire,

I decided to take matters into my own hands and instead of speculating about it I decided to ask. :8

Just phoned scheduling and the rosters should be out tomorrow, 17th November, but we might be able to see it agter 9pm tonight. ;)

BMED LHR
16th Nov 2006, 12:35
That is ridiculous.........:mad: :mad: :mad: They always mess it up! When it happened to the pilots in July/August Balpa made a huge fuss about it as roster publishing is part of the agreement, but because it's cabin crew stuff they probably won't even give you an update on what's going on. :mad: There have been cases when rosters were late - or very late - and nobody said a word, not a crewlink message, nothing.......:mad:

Damm , Someone is having a bad day !!
had you just finished a flight Lol...
Sounds like me till i have my first vodka ,
Take Care and I hope you get a nice Christmas roster ;)

I'm still Laughing and not at you, but it's does get one down ..Fingers crossed hey !

lgw30
16th Nov 2006, 14:40
rosters are starting to run out now will be with u in the next few hours

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 14:55
Damm , Someone is having a bad day !!
had you just finished a flight Lol...
Sounds like me till i have my first vodka ,
Take Care and I hope you get a nice Christmas roster ;)

I'm still Laughing and not at you, but it's does get one down ..Fingers crossed hey !

No, I am not flying, but I have had a bad day thanks. Actually a bad 10 days.
Being stuck at home with abdominal pains which are not nice when you're 5months pregnant. Had to spend our anniversary in hospital instead of going to a conert up in BHX which we had booked last may :{ . To top it up yes rosters are out now, but my man has been given 6 days reserve over xmas, and they expect him to work over new years as well......
I am so :mad: :mad: :mad: we wanted to go to italy either at xmas or new year's and it now seems impossible, I haven't had ONE xmas with my family for the last 6 years thanks to this wonderful industry.

I just think that it's not fair, I know the needs of the airline but some people seem to work every single xmas/new year's.

That's it!! Rant over....

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 14:58
BMED LHR.........If I could drink, this would probably be the day I would actually start!! Never been drunk before, now I wish I could choose to drink myself useless!!

Good luck with your roster :ouch:

BMED LHR
16th Nov 2006, 15:19
Well First things first ..Don't you dare start the drink yet until the little one is born and Congratultion's , My best friend has just had a little baby boy Ahhh!!! . And I understand where you coming from , I don't think you want to be HOME ALONE over Christmas !! ,

But I have just had the cold , And I'm sure it's going around "Wink , Wink" . And book a confirmed flight some where nice ;)

I'm a lucky one got Christmas off , But I thought I would be working so my Partner is going to his folks and i'll be drinking sherry by myself, Singing I'm dreaming of a white Christmas :{ ...Anyone having a Party ??

Now you take care and put your feet up and relax ,
Also what ever you decide . I hope you have a Merry Christmas :)

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 15:42
Aaaaaaahhhhh.......I still remember...Xmas 2002....an 8-day trip to the Maldives....fabulous crew...gorgeous sea....I didn't really mind working that year! But the year after that I got a night Rhodes, and the year after sby and I ended up being called out for a PRN (yum yum) and last year some other :mad: which I have managed to wipe from my memory!! Not to mention working every single New Year - double man-dub last year with check-in at 0525....:E I know I am hormonal but it's so ridiculous it almost makes me want to laugh :E

This was suppsoed to be our first xmas together and our last, since next year it will definitely be different!

I hope you get to go to a nice party and drink all what I cannot drink myself! :ok:

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 16:12
so fingers crossed we shud be able to view rosters at 9 tonight and if not tonight then tomorrow...is that correct??

Pax Agent
16th Nov 2006, 17:00
Im trying to understand a few bits on my roster!? any 1 happy to help? At the bottom it always says "messgaes 07C" I don't know what that means as i only have 1 crew link msg....and it now says below that "gatwick fleet DEC 06 roster" but has nothing after it? Help please!

Paxy X X :ok:

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 17:11
Im trying to understand a few bits on my roster!? any 1 happy to help? At the bottom it always says "messgaes 07C" I don't know what that means as i only have 1 crew link msg....and it now says below that "gatwick fleet DEC 06 roster" but has nothing after it? Help please!
Paxy X X :ok:

Do not worry about the "message" messages, they mean nothing! :E

I believe that you see dec 06 roster with nothing after it because it's not quite ready yet. Try in a couple of hours it might work :ok:

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 17:16
paxy i have the same thing! had it on all me rosters!! obviously not important to usin the slightest!:8

I Just Want To Fly
16th Nov 2006, 17:48
Anyone have any idea when BA LGW are recruiting again?

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 17:49
just heard that someone spoke to schedling and they said that rosters aren't coming out till the 20th...if that is the case there is going to be WAR I TELL YOU!! WWWAAARRRRRR!!!! lol

lgw30
16th Nov 2006, 18:43
as the rosters say dec2006 on the bottom at this precise moment that means the rosters are running they will be be out sometime tonight

SuperBoy
16th Nov 2006, 18:52
Tuismile,

I spoke with a very helpful lady and another gentleman at scheduling a few hours ago and both of them assured me the rosters will be out after 9pm today. ;)

Just over and hour to go, :D:D:D:D

SuperBoy
16th Nov 2006, 18:55
Just a quick question, has anyone at LGW put there name up for the airbus?

lgw30
16th Nov 2006, 19:27
was on it took my name of it

BMED LHR
16th Nov 2006, 19:32
Just a quick question, has anyone at LGW put there name up for the airbus?

As your an Ex Airbus Dolly , Which A/C do you prefer ?
A321/A320 or 737 ?

hope your well and your Christmas roster is good :)

kalixte
16th Nov 2006, 19:35
I haven't either.
Does anyone know which route the Airbus will be doing?

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 20:15
i've put my name down for the airbus...got seps on nov 28th...anyone else on that day??

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 20:29
rosters are out!! yay...got an antigua and 2 IAH :-/ along with a good old abz nightstop and i've got xmas off!! how cool is that!! WHOOP WHOOP! someone in rostering must love me!! lol

and the abz is only one sector out and one back!! wahey!!!

Pax Agent
16th Nov 2006, 21:51
i'm well chuffed! I got 2 long haul....1 of which is MCO b4 xmas so can get my pressies there! Also got NCL layova to make it a bit sweeter and 4 daysoff ova xmas! WoopWoop! lol! wot about every1 else!?

SuperBoy
16th Nov 2006, 22:44
Yeah!!!! I got 4 days off over Xmas. :):):):)

2 weeks leave and 6 nightstops. (3 of which is 1 out and 1 back) and as requested no LH. Yippee!!!!!

Afternoon JER on 31st so can still have a good night out.

BMED LHR

I can't really decide which I prefer. Love the airbus for its technology especially the AIP (sad but true, beats looking for a call bell light, LOL) Love the 73 for its simplicity.

Tuismile

My Airbus conversion is on the 4th Dec. Haha. Let me know how it goes... :ok:

tuismile
16th Nov 2006, 23:01
will do mr!! put my name down for it but dunno if i wanna do it anymore!! lol...but i'll try and remember some of the questions!! lol...is it the 319 or 320 we're trained on or both??

flybywire
16th Nov 2006, 23:16
in rostering must love me!! lol

Hahahahaha! well done!! Maybe you only slept with Carmen and you don't remember ;);) :D:D

Pax Agent
17th Nov 2006, 09:20
Can someone poss answer a quest for me ASAP????!!!
I want to earn some more money (what's new! lol!) and am up for rest day working....my assport is back with the CSC and I have a day of tomorrow I am willing to work.
Who do I call/am i allowed to call and ask?
and also I have done my SNY flight with BA (have flown on the 737 6 months previous) but do you have to have been there for a certain amount of time before I can do this!? Any help appreciated.....

Paxy XX :ok:

flybywire
17th Nov 2006, 09:38
Can someone poss answer a quest for me ASAP????!!!
I want to earn some more money (what's new! lol!) and am up for rest day working....my assport is back with the CSC and I have a day of tomorrow I am willing to work.
Who do I call/am i allowed to call and ask?
and also I have done my SNY flight with BA (have flown on the 737 6 months previous) but do you have to have been there for a certain amount of time before I can do this!? Any help appreciated.....
Paxy XX :ok:

Hi you can do rest day working any time after your SN flight.
However they won't give any rest day working unless it's been advertised on crewlink/memos. When they need people they usually nag you in every way possible and the message usually says "put your name down with the duty managers".
The fact that you do not have your passport means that you would only get called for a domestic flight in the end, however it can be a bit restrictive for crew ops so there's a chance they won't call you after all.
I do not know if they are looking for rest day working for this week-end the way to know it is to log on to crewlink and have a look :ok: :ok:

Pax Agent
17th Nov 2006, 10:46
I do have my passport now its ready for collection at csc - its been to the us embassy on hols! lol! So as there's no msg I take it i can't call up and ask!?
Thanks 4 yr help neway...X X

SuperBoy
17th Nov 2006, 12:37
Paxagent,

You can always call and ask, the worst that could happen is they say no there is no rest day work available. :)

Pax Agent
17th Nov 2006, 12:39
well thats what I was hoping but I didn't want to get into trouble for calling them wen there wasn't a msg!

flybywire
17th Nov 2006, 15:33
Don't worry, you won't get into trouble for something like that!!!
Although they might have a giggle :E after a few months usually the enthusiasm/energy slows down and crew get more attached to their days off ;)

One thing I would like to say though is to make sure that you have the minimum legal rest if you apply for rest day working, that is they will refuse it if for example an extra day's work means you do not get a 2 consecutive days off in any 14day period. Also the number of early/late starts allowed must be considered and rest in between....BA are being closely monitored these days by the CAA and if you do something illegal it's their responsibility as much as it's yours. Just be careful, keep our Scheme in mind and you'll be fine :ok:

flyer55
18th Nov 2006, 08:51
Regarding your Passport the Dms also hold them so they may have your passport their as CSC is closed at weekends !

If your putting your name on the Volunteer list for the Airbus you will also be trained on 319 , both version of 320's and the 321 !

Pax Agent
18th Nov 2006, 09:45
so exactly what are the benefits of working on the airbus? Is there more money or more trips.....I don't see why people would volunteer!?

flybywire
18th Nov 2006, 11:34
so exactly what are the benefits of working on the airbus? Is there more money or more trips.....I don't see why people would volunteer!?

No more money, no "benefits" apart from a different plane to work on and different flight crew (they are based at LHR).

The airbus used to do some domestic night stops during the winter but to be honest last winter I got the same number of domestic night stops as who is trained on the airbus with the added bonus that a few times on a sunday morning, for example, I had to position on the A320 going to ABZ or EDI (as I was not trained on the bus) to be able to operate the first service on the monday morning on the 737. Also money-wise you get more with international flights/nightstops as you do not have duty free on board the domestic flights.

Some buses are nice and newer than the 737s, are cleaner and crew tend to like them, however some A320 are very old (the G-BUSx series those without winglets to give you a better idea) dirty, and falling apart just like the 737-300s so even there really it's just a matter of how lucky you are on the day.:hmm:

You also tend to have more sby's on your roster and tend to be the last one to get called out when on airport sby as there might always be a Bus that needs an extra crew and you're the one who is trained.

So really I believe the "benefit" is just whether you want to do it or not.

I personally applied for it 2 years ago one day when I was feeling very low and thought it would be "somethign new" however was happy when the spaces got filled with the person just above me in the list!! I used to work on the bus for a previous airline and I hated it so much (especially the A321) that I actually celebrated when they took me off it to put me on the 767!!
I was constantly getting stranded everywhere on them, but this is just my personal point of view, I am sure many people who are on the bus will have lots of good things to tell you, and it might also be that BA maintain their bus fleet better than the airline I used to work for.

Whatever you decide I hope you'll enjoy flyign for BA :ok:

FBW

yellowdog
18th Nov 2006, 14:35
PAxagent,

HAving been on the airbus from the start at LGW, I can highly recommend it.

If it is doing any nightstops at all, then by definition more nightstops will be available to you. I have spent the last two years doing EDI nightstops which are highly enjoyable. Then last winter there were MAN layover days, and MAN split duty nightstops.

The aircraft itself is always clean, brighter, and they have screens for showing the demo, a real bonus. I never saw the inside of a A320 or an A321 so I wouldn't worry about those.

Rumours are, they are going to be nightstopping in EDI again. From what I understand,it has to be somewhere where LHR also nightstop for engineering purposes. So MAN, EDI, GLA, ABZ, AMS are the likely candidates.

I reckon FBW has too much of a soft spot for the B737 for some reason. :E

flybywire
18th Nov 2006, 20:10
I reckon FBW has too much of a soft spot for the B737 for some reason. :E

Hahahahaha :E maybe, but it might be for a totally different reason from what you might think!!

My very first flight was on a BA 737 (200) from GOA to LGW and that was what struck me!! Love at first flight, as I say!!! I knew back then that was what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be, and ten years later, the day of the 10th anniversary of my very first flight, I was in Cranebank doing 737 evacuation exams!! ( Gosh I am such a romantic person I am almost moved by my own words :E)

I also was unlucky enough to have an emergency landing on an A321 and that adds up to the many times I got stuck somewhere because of "software faults", I got sick because of turbulence (much worse for me on any airbus) so if you add all these things you might understand why I hate it!!!!

It's nice to see that you and other people have a different opinion, "the world is beautiful because it's varied" we say in Italy, it just works so well that we're not all obliged to fly on it and the people who volunteer are actually given the chance :ok:

I am just jealous of you guys now flying on the 777, that was the very first aircraft I ever worked on and by far the best of my career,I have been dying to get back on it but of course now that I could I can't (all HIS fault:})

Whatever ppl say about the poor 737 (it stinks, it's falling apart and other lovely sweet things) it's by far the simplest and easiest aircraft to work on, day in day out...:ok:

Off Stand
19th Nov 2006, 12:58
I'm with you on that on flybywire.

I flew on the 737-300 and 700 AT EZY, they are tough little buggers! The old ones we had were like the BA ones now, old and smelly and always tech, but they the a/c with character.

I'm now on the 777 at LGW and love it. It is very crew friendly (apart from the stowages un the sink in the front galley), quiet and so much room!

flybywire
19th Nov 2006, 16:27
I'm now on the 777 at LGW and love it. It is very crew friendly (apart from the stowages un the sink in the front galley), quiet and so much room!

Hahahahahaha!!! And wonderfully HUGE engines!!! (gosh I am starting to sweat now and I can feel my heart beating fast....!!:E )

eiggy
20th Nov 2006, 17:48
BA NEWS INTERACTIVE 20/11/06

British Airways is to start new routes from London Gatwick to Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago, Dresden in Germany and Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina from March 2007.

Flights to Port of Spain will operate three flights each week via Barbados on a Boeing 777.

The airline has signed a codeshare agreement with Caribbean Airlines whose flight code will be placed on British Airways’ services to Port of Spain, Barbados and Antigua. Caribbean Airlines’ customers will be able to redeem frequent flyer rewards on these British Airways’ services.

There will be daily flights to Dresden and three flights each week to Sarajevo, both of which will be operated by Boeing 737s.

Robert Boyle, commercial director, said: "With the new route to Port of Spain, we will serve ten destinations in the Caribbean including Tobago. Port of Spain is primarily a business destination due to its oil and gas industry but there is a thriving leisure market as well. We also welcome Caribbean Airlines as our latest codeshare partner.

“Dresden is an important cultural, political and economic centre while Sarajevo is undergoing economic redevelopment and is the gateway to tourism in Bosnia and Herzegovina”.

Two new BA routes start this winter. On December 1, 2006, the airline will start flying from London Heathrow to Calgary in Canada with five flights each week. On the same day, a new service from London Gatwick to Salzburg in Austria will start with five flights each week.

Flights from London Gatwick to Athens, Kiev, Newcastle and Riga will be suspended from March 2007. Services from London Heathrow to Athens, Kiev and Newcastle are unaffected.

eiggy
20th Nov 2006, 17:57
Oh my God, No more Newcastle from LGW March 07! :eek:

Won't miss Athens, Kiev or Riga. :rolleyes:

As for 777 routes, Port of Spain via Barbados? Does this mean no more night stopping in Barbados????

DRAMA!!!! :eek:

SuperBoy
20th Nov 2006, 18:14
As for 777 routes, Port of Spain via Barbados? Does this mean no more night stopping in Barbados????

I think it will probably be like the ANU with UVF shuttle.

Wish they'd rather stop ADB and PRN (HAhaha ;))

babcn
20th Nov 2006, 21:20
Hi there,Great news to hear that they are planning more long haul routes from LGW to compensate the shortfall of nightstops in the European routes from LGW. I am coming down to SFG on the 19th of December and probably that is the first good news I received on the last 2 weeks regarding SFG, when I got my roster last week I was socked:\ 2 flights and lotS of sby for 2 weeks:ugh: . What is the situation down there too many crew and not that many flights? I heard on the Galley FM that is not specific room for the airport sby like our colleagues at LHR Short Hall, they have a quite room equipated with the appropiated rest furnitures please can you clarified all that rumours

flybywire
20th Nov 2006, 21:52
I think it will probably be like the ANU with UVF shuttle.

Wish they'd rather stop ADB and PRN (HAhaha ;))

Where's ADB? Never been there,...
I actually hate the hotel in NCL and it's my least favourite nightstop, so won't really miss it, however I feel for the MANY flight/cabin crew who commute....it will be a huge shock, especially to a couple of them!!!

Not so keen on Sarajevo either....EH!

SuperBoy
20th Nov 2006, 23:09
Where's ADB?

Izmir in Turkey. Done 1, asked Carmen to avoid and presto I have another one in 5 weeks time. :D Maybe I'll try and sleep with her next time, :E

yellowdog
21st Nov 2006, 08:50
babcn,

Just to squash the rumours, there are rooms where you can do your standbys. There is a noisy room, with television, computers(for work stuff only), and comfy:bored: chairs. There is also a quiet :bored: room with chairs,blankets and stuff where you can supposedly sleep. There is also the coffee shop down stairs where we can eat, drink and be merry.

Hope that helps and look forward to flying with you soon at the happiest/most miserable/glumest/most money grabbing/laziest/most hard working etc. (please delete as appropriate) fleet around.:D

yd

yellowdog
21st Nov 2006, 08:56
Superboy,

been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the sores to show for it:ooh:

I must have been rubish though, because even as a relatively senior person in the fleet I still get my share of the nice flights. How's this - two days off over christmas, then 0605 BOD, 0605, BOD, 0525 DUB, and then an ATL. How nice will I feel on day six flying east across the atlantic as the New Year breaks.:uhoh:

But, seeing the cup as half full, I am working I enjoy what I do immensely and I get paid resonably well for what I do.

YD - who's really enjoying taking out the B777 :D

yellowdog
21st Nov 2006, 09:06
Well,

Bit of a surprise about the new routes.

POS - shame it isn't another stand alone nightstop. However good news that LH is expanding at LGW. Looking forward to anymore that come our way. Galley FM suggest both GCM and NAS, as a double drop. Lets hope so coz GCM is beautiful.

DRS - Well we pull out of Germany in time for the world cup, and bingo the summer after we go back in:suspect:

SJJ - Another PRN, can't wait:sad:

Can't say I will miss KBP, RIX, and ATH but NCL is a bit of a shock. I feel real sorry for the commuters. It always surprises me when we go from 5 or 6 flights a day to nothing. Why not just two flights a day?

YD

WeLieInTheShadows
21st Nov 2006, 09:21
Well what a suprise.

Didn't expect to see any new LH routes at LGW so quickly.

Softens the blow of losing NCL for many I guess.

Obviously no tears at losing the other routes.

As long as the new changes keep LGW going and keep me in a job I'm all for it all.

Oh and one more thing....

WASSSSSSAAAAAPPPPP! DAAAWWWWWWWWWG!

Sorry......Felt the need to do that.

Glad your enjoying LH. I'm off to do my first tomorrow.

flybywire
21st Nov 2006, 09:38
Superboy,
been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the sores to show for it:ooh:
I must have been rubish though...

Maybe your mind wasn't really "on the job" and she noticed that? Maybe she felt used to get what you want? :E

YD - who's really enjoying taking out the B777 :D

You lucky thing! :}

flybywire
21st Nov 2006, 09:41
NCL is a bit of a shock. I feel real sorry for the commuters. It always surprises me when we go from 5 or 6 flights a day to nothing. Why not just two flights a day?
YD

Especially when they are always busy!! Twice in the last two month I jojned my other half on his NCL night stop and twice I thanked god I was the one sleeping with the skipper (I do not do Carmen you see:} ) as I had to get the jump-seat to come back!Didn't really fancy the National express ride from LHR! These flight are always soooooooooooo full, but surely there must be some idea behind it (maybe leave the route entirely to EZY) - and I won't accept profitability as an excuse! :ugh:

Rach-G
21st Nov 2006, 10:15
Yellowdog - How can you say Gatwick is the happiest fleet? How many fleets within BA have you worked at? I started at British Airways Citiexpress MAN & BHX then went to Eurogatwick then to Eurofleet LHR then to Worldwide LGW and Now at Worldwide LHR, and let me tell you EF/SF LGW is not the happiest fleet by any stretch of the imagination. I know I will get lots of replies from SFLGW saying I am wrong and there are many crew at LGW who choose to stay there, but I know there are many more who can't wait to transfer to LHR and there aren't many, if any crew at LHR who want to transfer to LGW because we are happy at LHR!

flybywire
21st Nov 2006, 10:30
Yellowdog - How can you say Gatwick is the happiest fleet? How many fleets within BA have you worked at? I started at British Airways Citiexpress MAN & BHX then went to Eurogatwick then to Eurofleet LHR then to Worldwide LGW and Now at Worldwide LHR, and let me tell you EF/SF LGW is not the happiest fleet by any stretch of the imagination. I know I will get lots of replies from SFLGW saying I am wrong and there are many crew at LGW who choose to stay there, but I know there are many more who can't wait to transfer to LHR and there aren't many, if any crew at LHR who want to transfer to LGW because we are happy at LHR!

Blimey!! I wish you worked for the Unions and had this fiery attitude when dealing with company issues!! Of course everybody who is happy in their job and sees happy people around them would say that theirs is the happiest environment!! You would too and are doing exactly that!!
One thing is for sure, happy people at LGW are happy because they enjoy their job and not simply because of the money they get (I am not implying anything other than the truth that we earn less, so any happiness comes from the heart and not the bank account!):}
We are not in any kind of competitions for the happiest fleet :rolleyes: and I am absolutely certain that YD, didn't mean to start one!!! He just posted a happy comment which to tell you the truth gave me a lot of warmth this morning!! It's nice to see people enjoying what they do!! Who cares if WW LHR is TRULY happier than us?! We do not!!! :E

As for the relationships between cabin crew and also cabin crew with flight crew, this is by far the best airline and base I have ever worked for (and they are quite numerous). My experience, so for me it is enough to make me feel we are the happiest!! :ok:

Oh, a post scriptum....what was EF then is completely different from what is SF now....we had some 500 new people jojn us and the youth, enthusiasm and craziness :E they've added to the airline has been very welcome :ok:

yellowdog
21st Nov 2006, 11:14
rach-g,

there you go, it is now changed and thanks and there I was trying to be happy and motivational for those new crew joining both BA and Gatwick Fleet.

ba humbug - pun intended.:confused:

WeLieInTheShadows
21st Nov 2006, 11:16
Well Rach...perhaps YD did overstep the mark slightly by saying SFLGW is the happiest fleet. Especially as he may not have worked in all the places you have.

However.

SFLGW isn't what EFLGW/EOG used to be.

I'm sure if EFLHR doubled it's size in under a year with a vast intake of new entrants (predominantly in their early 20's), eager to fly and get out on nightstops you might see an upsurge of happiness and motivation too.

I won't argue that no one from LHR wants to transfer to SFLGW.

However we all know it's not becasue that LHR fleets are more fun or because motivation on those fleets is high :}

It's because of ....cold....hard....cash, and the agreements.

flyer55
21st Nov 2006, 12:33
Well you cant please everybody !!

Heard a rumour that Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago were doing due to BWIA ceasing operation , so hopefully there maybe more routes on the way . However not sure if GCN & NAS would move to LGW from LHR ! But hey you never know !!

babcn
21st Nov 2006, 13:28
Yellow dog,

Many Thanks for your clarification. I feel much better:)

One more question, regarding duties swaps, do we have a swaps board or book? if so where is located?

I have a lovely JER go & back on the 24 and on 25-26-27 home sby and I wish to swap those for a 3 or 4 days tryp, any advise is more than welcome.

To ALL SFG crew many thanks for your comments on that forum.They are very straigforward and gave us a genuine idea about what exactly is going on down there. You can't imagine all the bad news & comments that we have to deal WITH up here at LHR. :ok: :ok: :ok: :D

I will be there very soon.
babcn

Tess Tickelss
21st Nov 2006, 16:48
Happiness............is a free breakfast.:)

SuperBoy
21st Nov 2006, 20:00
Happiness............is a free breakfast.:)

Haha Touche. ;)

flybywire
21st Nov 2006, 22:06
I have a lovely JER go & back on the 24 and on 25-26-27 home sby and I wish to swap those for a 3 or 4 days tryp, any advise is more than welcome.

Hello!!

Provided no planes go tech downroute the day before and no rescue flight is needed, I would say you're 99% fine on the 25th as we should not have any flights departing on Xmas day :ok: Well at least any SH flights, do not know what the deal is with LH though

SuperBoy
21st Nov 2006, 22:44
FBW,

Last I heard there are only 3 LH flights departing on the 25th.

lgw30
22nd Nov 2006, 08:19
the long haul programe is still flying on christmas day

DeliBag
22nd Nov 2006, 10:03
I have a lovely JER go & back on the 24 and on 25-26-27 home sby and I wish to swap those for a 3 or 4 days trip, any advise is more than welcome.

babcn

I doubt very much if you'll get used on your Christmas stand by. There are so many crew on stand bys that those of us main crew who have been at LGW SF for a while are screaming out for work. - Although saying that the more junior you are nowar days the more work you seem to get.

on a lighter note...

I believe there is a roster swap book located somewhere on the third floor. Perhaps YD can enlighten us.

yellowdog
22nd Nov 2006, 13:43
Guys,

From what I understand the following are operating on the 25th:

ANU
MCO
IAH - Late one
KIN
BGI - although this is still operated by our WW colleagues.

Can't locate any SH flying at the moment but stand to be corrected.

BTW, lots of people I spoke to today had ASBY on Christmas Day for the whole 6 hours, nice........:\

yellowdog
22nd Nov 2006, 13:48
babcn,

There is, you'll be pleased to know, a swap book located on the 3rd floor by the sign-in computers where you can leave details of your roster.

Although not sure many would want to give up what they have for STBY's specially over the Christmas Period.

Definately give it a go though.

YD

Pax Agent
22nd Nov 2006, 16:15
hiya..i'm looking for more help! lol! Got standby (home) start of next week and aparently we can call scheduling to see if they can fill it in advance...just tried and i selected option 4 then "hash" to get put thru...it gives an automated msg then nothing....just silence for ages so i hung up! Dunno wot to do now!? any help?

Thanx again...paxy X

flybywire
22nd Nov 2006, 16:25
Hello again! Yes you can ask them if they have anything for you in advance, usually one or two days in advance is the best time as when people go sick their rosters are wiped for the following two days. so if for example I have sby on the 25th of november, some trips will already be available on the 23rd and maybe some more on the 24th....if you know what I mean!

Also scheduling works mon-fri 0830-1600 I think (could be 1630) so you won't find anybody there for "issues beyond tomorrow" (option 4). Out of hours they only have ppl covering the shifts for urgent things. Hope this helps! :ok:

yellowdog
22nd Nov 2006, 18:07
Paxy,

Just to let you know, rosters are wiped on a rolling three day basis when people are sick so work normally becomes available then.

Use the 'voice' number, select option 4, then as you say press '#' to speak to an advisor. From what I remember they are there from 0830 til 1630. If you get a blank line hang up and try again. It seems to 'hang' occassionally, especially after 1600. Perhaps they don't want to speak to anyone then! This is only for work after day 2. ie not today or tomorrow.

They are always very nice, and try to help as much as possible.

They are other ways to get more work but, they are something you have to learn as you go along

YD

sammyjayne
22nd Nov 2006, 18:42
hello, just to change the subject, i was just wondering how British Airways felt if a cabin crew member took on a casual job outside of BA that didn't interfere or conflict with your normal cabin crew roster/duties!
is it against your contract to take on another job?
thanks in advance! :}

yellowdog
22nd Nov 2006, 19:09
sammyjayne,

I believe the official company line is that you are only allowed to hold another job if it does not interfere with your role, or involve a conflict of interests.

Most don't so all you need to do is inform your line manager what you are doing. In the case of SF, that is your Performance Manager.

Hope this helps

YD

sammyjayne
23rd Nov 2006, 09:56
brilliant, thanks for your help :)

flyer55
23rd Nov 2006, 11:24
No Shorthaul flights operating on Christmas Day , if you are on Sby and want to fly best bet is too phone week before onwards as some crew will go sick for both Xmas and New year !!

yellowdog
24th Nov 2006, 12:40
Just got back from yet another, wrist slashing, airport standby.:eek:

However,

upon speaking to one of the union rep's it seems like the NSP negotiations, although not being talked about at the moment, may have a favourable outcome:) for those of us at LGW.

They also said that if you nightstop GVA please put in a report about the noise situation at the hotel. The company need 10 days of consecutive reports to start looking at moving the hotel.

On the breakfast front, the company and the unions are on a serious failure to agree. The company has offered 9p to go on the flight rate which works out at about 13.00 a month extra :uhoh: Obviously this has got to be unacceptable to all crew. Thats just about enough to cover the cost of one breakfast. Especially shocking as the breakfast clause is in our MOA.

Don't know what happens next, but ACAS can't be far away.

Keep hold of those receipts for the breakfasts you have bought, and let's all try and put a claim in when it is resolved.:E

simon773
24th Nov 2006, 13:07
Are more long-haul routes likely to come back to LGW?
LGW used to have something like 45 L/H destinations in the 90's, if I am not wrong, when a possible merger with AA made BA transfer slots from LHR to LGW.
Someone says Mauritius, Dubai and NYC are in the process of being implemented..:hmm: How about adding some flights to South America? We do not fly to many destinations there...
Any ideas? :confused:
-S.

yellowdog
24th Nov 2006, 13:17
Simon,

Unfortunately the days of loads of longhaul at LGW are long gone. :{ and I wouldn't hold your breath for a MRU, NYC, or anything else if I were you.

However, the opening of the POS was good news for LGW, so let's hope I am proved wrong and more work does filter it's way to LGW.

YD

HZ123
24th Nov 2006, 19:39
There will be more shorthaul but doubtful any of them will be night stops. Future plans are on hold till 2008 when the board will review how much money 2006-2008 amounts to. In the meantime I imagine that the ramp staff will get the boot in favour of a contracter, the loss of several hundred jobs may improve the chances of new aircraft and then maybe more LH routes in 2009.

yellowdog
24th Nov 2006, 19:48
HZ123,

Surely that will cost loads of money to get rid of all the staff on the ramp. Many have been there years and the redundancy payments would be huge. Why would they want to do that if, as all the doom mongerers say, we will be shut down when T5 opens.

I have noticed recently though that the notion of Centralised Load Control is coming. That will save some money, the dispatchers aren't happy though. And why should they be.....

No one really knows whats going to happen with LGW, who could've seen the Flybe BA connect thing a year ago. The only thing that keeps me going is we now have a relocation clause in our MOA.

YD

HZ123
25th Nov 2006, 13:12
Our provision of ground handling at LHR / LGW costs about 35-40% more than the task performed by servisair / globeground or the like. BA staff fail to perform very well in addition and baulk at most moves to add, correct or update work practices. You are aware that BA have lost the ground handling of GB at LGW. Even if Aviance can only equal the previous performance it is still a huge saving to GB. The total ground at LHR / LGW is in excess of 3000 staff and consider the plus on the staff count and the reduction on the pension plan. LGW staff (ramp) have a worse attitude than LHR who display a little flexibility. As for redundancy BA need only'TUPE' them into another company and give that company a large cheque to overcome the teething problems. From CC view the less BA staff at LGW the better their chances of more profit and long term sustainability.

CLC in itself has yet to prove whether it saves monies and just how much it saves, as the LGW / LHR are BA staffed; CLC Berlin is a GHA. What it may do long term is enable BA to outsource the lot to another company once again taking numbers off the staff total bottom line, it cannot cost more than it does now and a number of major airlines already use independant CLC companies with reasonable success.
The dispatchers now the'TRM's' were never happy anyway and this change of role is driven by the HSE and should make their position safer, even if the ramp is outsourced. There is a futher cut of 150 LGW staff before March 31 2007 but in general LGW is in profit.
I do not wish to paint a pessimistic picture but aviation is always in a bad way particularly large airline companies that take a very long time to change to market forces, have an expensive workforce and are competing against enovative and cheaper competition i.e.Emirates, Eihad EOS Maxjet & OASIS to name a few. Keep thinking positively.

yellowdog
25th Nov 2006, 13:29
Thanks for that HZ123,

When I was working for the dark side, it was always one of my main bugbears why the Company never outsourced it's ramp work. The only argument that higher management could come up with was, 'well it would cost too much to get rid of all those staff', and 'they could never get the same level of committment from an outsourced company'. I always said that was a rubbish argument. However that seems to be the way management think.

From what I can see is no-one seems brave enough to tackle the really outdated working practices the exist on the ramp. When some were tackled recently, the whole operation ran so badly it was a farce.

Would they not have to be part of a seperate company to be TUPE'd into another Company. At the moment don't they all work for BA?

And on the whole HZ123, I am always really positive.

YD

flyer55
26th Nov 2006, 12:56
BA will have to start competing with other Carriers at LGW eith scheduled, charter or no frills on Longhaul flights ! We will all have to wait and see what they do ! BA losing part of GB ground handling contract surprises me even though WW doesnt like franchises , so watch the space on that one !

fukusami16
26th Nov 2006, 13:14
bump bmp ................

flybywire
4th Dec 2006, 11:06
'they could never get the same level of committment from an outsourced company'. I always said that was a rubbish argument.

Rubbish but unfortunately true. I am proud to work for my airline and it's the second letter I have sent to advise our bosses of what the situation is in our outstations where we are served by and pay contractors. NAP first, absolutely appalling, and PSA yesterday, considering that I had a normal ticket to LGW (therefore I paid the normal price on ba.com, not stand by) I was in tears by the time I boarded the plane. Horrible handling, horrible manners and I do speak Italian. :mad: Oh and despite the plane was boarded and ready for doors to be closed at -10minutes, the loadsheet arrived at +10minutes, ten minutes later than our pushback time which would have happened on time otherwise. Guess who pays for the delays though :hmm:

Rubbish argument though as sometimes I do not see the difference between our own staff and 3rd party sourced staff who couldn't care less about BA or its passengers. So I agree and disagree with you at the same time. :uhoh:

banewboi
9th Dec 2006, 13:26
lgw is the future! we do it cheap we do it with a smile, the routes will be on their way before the year is out, mark my words!!!

Pax Agent
9th Dec 2006, 17:43
Hi peeps....just doing my holiday bidding and had a few questions. If i only allocate 9 of my 14 summer days I can still add the other 5 in at a later date thru voice response can't i? They just obv might not be avail i know but i won't lose them? Also if I wanted those 5 days in winter how do i instruct it that i want to carry them over?

Paxy Xxx

flybywire
9th Dec 2006, 19:17
Hi peeps....just doing my holiday bidding and had a few questions. If i only allocate 9 of my 14 summer days I can still add the other 5 in at a later date thru voice response can't i? They just obv might not be avail i know but i won't lose them? Also if I wanted those 5 days in winter how do i instruct it that i want to carry them over?
Paxy Xxx

Hi Paxy,
No, you cannot do that because if you do not bid and book all the leave days then scheduling will assign you the remaining days when they want.
However you can opt to do this and then change the leave days allocated to you by scheduling at a later more convenient date, if then there are days available, however be prepared to see leave allocated by them on your roster. It doesn't "float" iykwim it has to be allocated.

As for the 14 days summer leave, I too prefer having all my leave in the winter (for skiing purposes!). There used to be a way to carry some days into the winter in the past, however last year suddenly a new regulation that says that employees must take the minimum of 14 days leave during the summer leave came out. I do not really remember all the details so what I'd suggest you do is 1)look it up in your MoA. 2)ask scheduling 3)ask your PM. I am sure that their combined efforts will give you all the answers that you need :ok:

YONGE
29th Jan 2007, 15:27
Hi all,

I am a BA staff member in another part of the airline (non crew) looking for info on SF at LGW.

My friend started working at LGW for a couple of months over summer but had to leave as they were so overstaffed that she was hardly working and only coming out with £800 a month (and having to commute!!)

In case LGW start recruiting again can anyone reassure me that things have got better money-wise?

Also for those of you bidding for mainly LH how much success are you having?

I would be really grateful for an honest insight as its always a big decision when looking to change and relocate (obviously depending on planned recruitment into LGW)

Thanks so much for any help

2ndchance
25th Feb 2007, 10:46
Hi All,

I currently live in London & I am considering applying for LGW Cabin Crew. I'm originally from Scotland and wondered if there are people who commute from Glasgow to LGW for the role incase I decide to move back home at some stage? If so, are you able to fly down for discounted rates etcwith BA? The major consideration for me would be to be near my family and friends and also the cost of living is much less so it would make life easier & the wages easier to manage. Obviously I would have to make alternative arrangements to stay overnight nearer the airport if I had a very early start for some flights but just wondered if this would be realistic as I dont want to waste anyones time by applying and it not working out for me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

flyer55
26th Feb 2007, 11:10
Yeah things ok at LGW and if you have access as a BA Employee log on to Gatwick Region some info their. I believe they are advertising for crew on BA's website.

For commuting it is possible to do as some crew do it from various destinations and it depends on your rosters and what you bid for !

I also see BA sending 777's to Amsterdam and Madrid today from LGW !

lhrtolgw
26th Feb 2007, 13:18
Hello Yonge,

The money is a little better these days but not by too much. You can sometimes earn £1300 but that is a rarity. The advert states you can earn £500 per month in flight pay and yes, this is true - sometimes. What they should state is "There may be the very odd month when you will earn £500 in flight pay".

You normally get 2 standby blocks of 5 days per month, on many routes there are only 3 crew on a 737 and on a 777 you work you are worked to death with people sometimes taking no break - even on a Barbados as things are so busy and as we have a reduced crewing complement. Yes, this is unlawful but LGW has a large number of teenagers who tend to keep quiet as this is their first job - the money is no issue for them either as many of them as they still live with mum and dad. Talk about a creche!

To conclude, if I were you, tell your friend to consider things very, very carefully.

Pax Agent
26th Feb 2007, 16:01
lhrtolgw thats rubbish!
Its not unlawful on the 777....we have 10 or 11 crew and yes it keeps you on your toes but I have always had a break! If you have transfered over from LHR you are obv one of the temps making a bad name for themselves!!!
And we are not all teenagers @ home. I'm 19 and live on my own and survive just fine. If you cam down betwween May to Sep yes you wouldn't have received £500 in allowances as we were sharing routes with LGWWW. Now we have all the routes I am going to earn £1300 for the second time since Oct.
Please don't put people off as you are VERY negative.

Fly safe guys....Long live LGWSF...XX

Your Lucky to be earning £1300 at 19 years old ,
But once you hit 30 years old . I don't think you would be happy with that pay sorry Mate you have alot to learn !!

Enoy yourself and when you have your first Beer in America , when you turn 21 years old have one on me .

Pax Agent
26th Feb 2007, 19:17
as nice as it was meant i don't appreciate being told i have alot to learn! I do not intend to earn that at 30!
I have worked as a duty officer in ops already by working extremely hard at school whist also doing a full time job! I was one of 2 who did longhaul dispatch and I intend to either work my way up in BA (again staying committed with lots of hard work) or hopefully work in BA ops somewhere.
Please don't assume of my situation.
By 19 I have a brand new car, a flat share with my friend and live by my own means. All of this paid by myself as I refuse to take help from my parents. They worked for their money they can enjoy it!
Please understand guys that I am trying to keep it nice for the new entrants and not coiming in with people like LHRTOLGW playing on their mind!

newbagr
26th Feb 2007, 21:16
guys i agree with both of you for different reasons. Paxagent, i admire your openmind and your positive outlook great example for new starters but we need to say to new starters that they need know the facts and all of us to fight for a better and more secure future.Yes you can make 1200 i ve made twice...but thats assuming that you ll be saving your s**t downroute in order to be able to keep something as destinations we fly are expensive and with the latest news that ba is trying to throw to us an 11 p to buy the whole breakfast scheme out...things will not be as nice. So lets be positive but at the same time acknowledge the problems as well and try to do something about it

Pax Agent
26th Feb 2007, 23:34
I think we are on the same side here! I am not being overly Pro BA here i am being honest. I have cleared £1239 last month and will clear £1300. I'm just saying that the things said aboce are not acceptable to someone making a leap of faith as they are NOT true! Mine are facts....i'm not lying. If i was telling new entrants the wrong things then yes i stand to be corrected but i feel very positive about LGWSF. No I do not save my stuff downroute. I am lucky that a piece of fruit and a starbucks does me fine for my brekkie even still I will be voting no for the breakfast 11p as i'm looking after other people as well. Even tho it looks like we will get 18p increase instead of 11p.

Any new entrants want to PM me feel free.
Btw im not saying its all rosy....yes we have less facilities than LHR....at end of day if that canteen was here i'd need a new uniform and i prefer to go to boots on airport sby and get a meal deal....much healthier....yes we do fixed links....i personally like them as im home earlier....yes we do doubles but they are restricted in number and i used to do worse at my last airline (not low cost)...yes the morale from some can be low but most of the new entrants i've flown with have been brilliant fun...and I'm here to stay!

lhrtolgw
1st Mar 2007, 22:50
PAXAGENT:

1. No, I was not a LHR temp although I have friends who were. Yes, some of them complain but not all for God's sake - I've flown with many of them and they have been really sweet.
2. It is illegal (if you'd have taken time to read the text correctly) to operate without a break (not, I repeat not, to operate with the number of crews with which we operate our a/c).
3. I sincerely admire your positivity however, I was merely stating facts - there are many, many teenagers at LGW and MOST of them do live at home. I repeat MOST - not all. I can only apologise for the fact that you failed to understand this.
4. You are, quite rightly, extremely proud that you have done so well so soon however, although you clearly possess a certain level of maturity you still have some way to go ..... you need to calm yourself down and think before you speak/write and ensure you fully understand the message others are attempting to convey.

A 28 year - old trolley dolley.:)

x

yellowdog
2nd Mar 2007, 11:25
LHRtoLGW,
I have to agree with you, I have been doing loads of LH and the majority of the temps have been really top people that are lovely to fly with. In fact I have only come across one that i thought "I'd prefer not to fly with you again".

I also have to agree it is against the MOA and, I stand to be corrected, the law if you operate without a break. It is your right to demand a break, however this break does not need to be just for sleep. Don't forget the time you take away from the passengers behind a curtain eating also counts. I know thats' being a bit picky but ..... I know I have always given my crews at least 1h10m and at most 3h20m! So if you don't get a break on a flight then report that to both the Unions and your PM. The CM isn't managing things correctly if they can't give you a break.

I hope the money does get better for everyone. All I can say is that my allowances have at least doubled since doing mixed flying, and peoples will as they learn the intracacies of Carmen and move up the seniority list.

Keep Positive

YD

Pax Agent
2nd Mar 2007, 17:43
I didn't say anything about LHR temps all being moaney....and I still really resent being told I have someway to go in maturity stakes.
I have tried to pass onto you my ways of thinking and I take my work v v seriously...please do not try to make me feel inferior because I am young.
I'll just go back to correctly balancing aircraft and making sure they depart safely as I was doing whilst also doing A-levels!? A very difficult and complicated job when you are faced with a manual loadsheet for a 767/747.

from a 19yr old BA Bitch.

lhrtolgw
3rd Mar 2007, 09:54
Pax Agent:

Look, call it a day shall we? As it happens we do know each other. We worked together recently when I was doing my girlie thing complaining about my boyfriend problems etc.

I look forward to working with you again.

babymax
4th Mar 2007, 00:32
ive just submitted my application for crew at lgw ive been flying for 8 years 5 of them as a senior,ive always wanted to work for ba, and yes i,ll be taking a pay drop but hoping if successful will prove myself over the next few years to become senior again,what u think my chances are im 30 years old and will commute from wales-any hints and tips very appreciated.

flyer55
4th Mar 2007, 09:27
Hi babymax

So you used to be a senior ? Who for ? The reason im asking is that currently promotion to psr has been out recently and looking for additional psrs and the criteria changed slightly if you were an ex flyer with current flying experience. Yeah starting salary is not good as LHR or some other carriers but that is getting looked at .

With the Gatwick Fleet being mixed flying (both lh / sh) and you bid for work which is also done on seniority you can get and bad rosters from it. With you commuting from wales it should be ok as crew currently do it from wales and other places. If you need any more info (send me a pm )

ste_86
18th Mar 2007, 21:01
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone had a list of nightstops and trips that BA do from LGW. I think i saw one on this site a few weeks ago, but I cant find it now!

Also, has any one just got offered the job at LGW? I cant wait to start!

Steve

ex cabin crew
18th Mar 2007, 21:55
Hi Steve - Congratulations :D - when was your interview? I heard on Friday that I got in - waiting to hear when the course starts! Can't wait to get back to BA.

Steve

ste_86
19th Mar 2007, 01:48
hi!

my interview was on tuesday afternoon, what about you?. i also found out on friday and i am soo happy to get BA! Have you flown for BA before? Ive flown for charter but have been laid off all winter so I cannot wait to start flying again! i really want to know my start date now :)

Steve

bcnbarcelona
19th Mar 2007, 18:05
hi guys I work for Ba at Gatwick and it is a romour going around that all the new entrants courses for SFG have been cancelled due overcrew levels at the moment, give then a call to confirm your training courses:confused: :confused:

ex cabin crew
19th Mar 2007, 18:20
Hi Steve

Yes I flew for BA and left in 98 - can't wait to go back. Hope the courses haven't been cancelled - hopefully that is galley FM! Have you had a call yet about the start date? I haven't as yet.

Steve

flybywire
19th Mar 2007, 22:17
Don't listen to galley FM.

Some courses had to be cancelled because they couldn't process all the candidates' info required on time for them (like disclosure scotland, references etc). New dates available soon.

ste_86
19th Mar 2007, 22:24
i hope theyre not cancelled! lol im sure we will be fine. nope i havent had a call from BA yet - just the one email saying that i had been accepted for the job. I may give them a call if they dont get in touch this week, just to make sure that everything is OK. I have sent my crc disclosure and the other forms off, so maybe they get in touch when they have recieved these?

YONGE
20th Mar 2007, 09:40
Hi Ste

I also found out on Friday! Was so glad didn't have to stew over the weekend!!

Can I ask where did you get your disclosure forms from? Did something come through the post? There didn't seem to be any attachments on the congratulations email.

Looking forward to working with you all!!:)

Congratulations on getting BA :ok:

You need to apply online for this form and it last 3 months until it expires , Cost £20.00

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

YONGE
20th Mar 2007, 12:51
Thanks. I just had a call from recruitment offering me a start date. They said I need to do the forms online, book my uniform fitting and answer a medical questionnaire . The only thing is the last email I had was the 'Result of Assessment' and there is no link on that to say go on disclosure scotland or about the uniform or medical. Have you had a subsequent email to the results one?:confused: :confused:

Thanks

newbagr
20th Mar 2007, 13:08
i think you ll be from the first ones to start....u mind telling us roughly when ur start day is?

When they called why did you not just ask them all these Questions .

I think they will post you all the details !;)

flyer55
20th Mar 2007, 19:49
Hi all

Havent been online for a while , just wanted to say congratulations to all that are planning to start with BA @ lgw look forward to flying with you.
Regarding the Disclosure forms BA will send them to you as they check them and send them so dont worry about that.

Regarding the rumour about new entrant courses being reduced , its true they have as spoke to a Customer Service Trainer the other day and was told courses reduced as manpower got numbers wrong , so their are only 3 courses of new entrants for LGW .