PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from QANTAS???

flyboy007
12th Sep 2006, 19:37
Hi all,

Just after any info from suitably qualified people about QANTAS wrt rostering conditions, time to commmand on long haul, good to work for?? etc.

Basically I'm about to jump (fall?) from a military and QANTAS will be one of the airlines I'll be looking at applying to. I seem to know people in the other large carriers I'll possibly be seeking employment with, but QANTAS piques my interest due to location.

Any info/opinions, from those suitably qualified, would be appreciated.

All the best, safe flying,

FB

Sonny Hammond
12th Sep 2006, 22:53
Forget about a decent career path at qantas, the party is over there. You should really be looking at Jetstar and Virgin as that is where the future careers will be available.
Time to command at qanats right now, assuming the positions are still available in the future....15 years. Thats right, 15 years.
And theres no guarantees about what the pay etc will actually be like by then.

SOPS
12th Sep 2006, 22:55
and are you Australian? If not..then no go

neville_nobody
13th Sep 2006, 01:50
Time to command at qanats right now, assuming the positions are still available in the future....15 years. Thats right, 15 years.

When hasn't it been 10+ years time to command at Qantas??:confused: It's an international airline not your local charter outfit!!! If you want fast commands and some coin why not go overseas??

Also consider the lifetsyle factor when working at Jetstar/Virgin. While being domestic you do work alot and go away pretty regularly