PDA

View Full Version : Any1 heard of T&T (Train in Travel)

becca86xx
12th Sep 2006, 15:10
Hi everyone

ive researched being a cabin crew and found that there is an open day you attend and if you get through there is usally a four week training. i come across a company called T&T (Train in Travel) and they offer a 4 day intensive course which includes, tuition fees, exam fees and certificate for 399!! Can a four week programme be sqaushed into four days?

i wanted to hear good feedback of them from anyone who knows of them or who has taken the course themselves!

Thanks a lot

Rebecca

Getoutofmygalley
12th Sep 2006, 16:32
Hi Rebecca

I am guessing I am right in assuming that at the end of the 4 days you DO NOT have a job?

If so, I would steer well clear of this as any airline you join will insist on you being trained in accordance with their standards.

Let's assume that T&T explain about safety features on a B737 - well, no 2 airlines B737's are ever the same, SEP equipment will be stored in different places and there could even be subtle differences with the type of equipment used (For example Draegar or L'Air Liquide smoke hoods).

I would steer clear of this and save myself some money and allow the airline that employs me to train me WITHOUT having some outside information that could potentially hinder my training with my new employer.

GalleyChick
12th Sep 2006, 19:03
There are a lot of these courses going around in Australia, and they're not worth anything. I did a one-year hospitality and tourism course that included a module of flight attending in it. The module in NO WAY covered safety and security measures. It covered service skills and interview skills to go for a cabin crew position. Now that was very helpful to me.

These 1/2/3/4 day courses are a waste of money. 399 seems like a lot for 4 days. You don't get a job afterwards either and I don't think you will be a step ahead of others who haven't done it. I was a step ahead with my certificate (it was done in an expensive private college) because it taught me heaps of skills I could bring in to the role of service, the interviewers when I got my job told me it looked well on my CV. I reiterate that my course was far more intense and involved a lot more modules.

apaddyinuk
12th Sep 2006, 19:18
Hi Becca,
To be absolutely honest, no airline is particularly interested in these courses. If anything they simply offer you tips which many airlines consider to be bad habits. Now there is an academy somewhere in the midlands (sorry, I really cannot remember the name of it or at which airport it is based) which is in cahoots with Jet2 for cabin crew training which I believe is perhaps a better option however it is simply a way for Jet2 to get around making crew pay for their own training.
If you feel you are prepared enough then apply for the airlines and allow them to train you fully because after all it is under their training that you will learn what you need to know and not what you learn from some outfit like T & T.
I have worked for 3 airlines and each airline has provided very different training.
Hope this is useful to you!