View Full Version : EVA and CHINA AIRLINES

confirm-finals?
12th Sep 2006, 13:05
Just curious about the above two companies.

I understand they both recieve a lot of bad press but still curious to hear from CURRENT FO's working there. General info regarding salary, rosters, benefits, interview process etc

Any info or help would be great. PM me if you dont want to post here

I dont want to turn this into a s*it fight so only positive info would be great. I have read all the horror stories already....

Cheers

heron
13th Sep 2006, 09:31
I would also be very interested and appriciative of any current Flight Crew who could pass on info on current terms and conditions at CAL as I am considering a position with them. Possibly by PM ?

Very Best regards Gentlemen (and Ladies ?)
heron

SIC
13th Sep 2006, 13:17
at CAL it changes all the time -

Currently if you join without a rating it should be something like this:

You must pay a deposit of around U$ 12 000 which they keep for three years and then you get back. ( Dont know if anybody has actually done this and the company might let this go if there are no takers)

Salary about U$4500
Housing U$ 1000
Per Diem U$ 400 - 700
Medical covered inside Taiwan- outside only when you work.
Some life insurance/ No loss of licence.
Nobody has ever stayed long enough to figure out if there is any pension.

20% tax on most of it.

Its sad money.
But the aircraft are suberb - and these days the local chinese guys are good fun to fly with cause they hate the company more than you ever could!! Actually most of the people you deal with are quite friendly and pleasant. Not a bad job if it takes you away from something worse. But remember you have no future here and you should not go to CAL if you are currently employed in a company that will offer you a command or any other "career" path - cause CAL doesn't.

EVA operates along the same lines.

Deske1
13th Sep 2006, 17:45
All the ex-Swiss guys has deposit this money for CAL before the transition training.

bushpilot2004
13th Sep 2006, 23:22
Hello,

Recently updated my resume at China Airlines; 6000 ttl, age 47, turboprop captain at a US regional. Does anyone know if a phone call to recruiting would help or hurt me? Also, anyone have the phone number? Thanks!!

SIC
14th Sep 2006, 04:05
Wouldnt hurt to call them.

confirm-finals?
14th Sep 2006, 06:01
What's the direct number to the person in charge of employment?

airbus2boeing
14th Sep 2006, 19:39
What's the direct number to the person in charge of employment?

Which airline?

bushpilot2004
14th Sep 2006, 22:20
China Airlines

confirm-finals?
15th Sep 2006, 07:33
Both.......

rduarte
16th Sep 2006, 00:53
Hi, anyone have any clue about the aviation knowledge test and interview with EVA ?

thanks

RD :ok:

airbus2boeing
18th Sep 2006, 03:01
Both.......

I can give you EVA's, check your PM.