PDA

View Full Version : U.S. bases for Cathay

Berry McCockner
12th Sep 2006, 03:06
Is San Francisco a cargo base for a DEFO?

Rainbird
12th Sep 2006, 03:12
I suggest a quick review of the following website.. www.airlinepilotcentral.com right side of the initial page, airline profiles -> International -> Cathay Pacific

dhoonk
13th Sep 2006, 03:20
Is San Francisco a cargo base for a DEFO?

No. But ATL is.

ScratchF15
14th Sep 2006, 02:39
Is DFW as well?

dhoonk
14th Sep 2006, 03:56
Is DFW as well?

Not right now. But in the future, who knows?

Berry McCockner
14th Sep 2006, 10:19
So lets get this straight. The U.S. DEFO bases are:
ATL
LAX
JFK
ORD
ANC

Does anyone know which base one would most likely be hired into?
And Rainbird, ATL is not listed on airlinepilotcentral, thats why I was asking for clarification.

dhoonk
14th Sep 2006, 12:11
ATL
LAX
JFK
ORD
ANC

Most likely base would be JFK. For now.

Kevdog
21st Sep 2006, 15:18
ATL
LAX
JFK
ORD
ANC

And Rainbird, ATL is not listed on airlinepilotcentral, thats why I was asking for clarification.
The info sheet Cathay sent me with my interview info did not say ATL was a base for cargo. All the others though. This was just a few weeks ago.

dhoonk
22nd Sep 2006, 06:13
The info sheet Cathay sent me with my interview info did not say ATL was a base for cargo. All the others though. This was just a few weeks ago.

They probably didn't update it. Perhaps because they don't intend to offer it to new-joiners in the near future and therefore didn't see the need to update the sheet.

But they did open the base earlier this year and allowed some pilots originally based elsewhere to change their base to ATL.

ksrmd11
22nd Sep 2006, 22:22
I was told that they were not offering ATL to new joiners at this time. However, once on property you might be able to swap bases... That's what I'm going to try and do. I am presently assigned the JFK base.
Regards

Berry McCockner
25th Sep 2006, 13:05
What's the possibility of getting DEFO LAX base?

dhoonk
25th Sep 2006, 14:48
What's the possibility of getting DEFO LAX base?

The chances are good.

rjmore
25th Sep 2006, 17:05
Are you guys able to commute relatively easily? I would need to commute from Houston.

Thanks

dhoonk
25th Sep 2006, 17:51
Are you guys able to commute relatively easily? I would need to commute from Houston.
Thanks

Some find it easy. Some find it inconvenient. It's a function of where they live, where they are based and where they draw the line between 'convenient' and 'inconvenient'.

You will be eligible for ZED fare tickets and some ID90 privileges after six months with the company.

Berry McCockner
25th Sep 2006, 23:49
What about jump seat policy? Does Cathay have reciprocal agreements with other U.S. carriers. And can you briefly explain what a ZED fair is??? Thanks