PDA

View Full Version : some info wanted on Q400 jobs japan

aviationmug
12th Sep 2006, 02:00
Has anyone been for an interview with Anet for the Q400 (Japan contract 6wks on, 10days off).

Any hints for the interview, ie, questions, format, etc would be appreciated.

Thankyou

MinimaNoContact
12th Sep 2006, 02:36
Gday, If its the Hawaii aviation contract, I went through stage one about 18months ago.
Basically, it was a phone interview with 2 Americans... nothing technical, at 3am that wouldve been asking a bit much, but from what I could gather they were doing their best to figure out whether or not you were serious about being to able to live in Japan for 3yrs... with almost zero chance of an upgrade.
A few personal questions, nothing in depth though. Then at the end of the interview they asked if I could get on a flight to Seattle (within 10 days I think it was, all paid for) for round two.
After considering what they had to offer, nothing great if you ask me, I didnt want to take advantage of the free flight and turned 2nd stage down. Had a couple of irons in the fire at that point anyway which worked out for the best, but at the end of the day I couldnt see myself flying turboprops, for not much money, in Japan, with no chance of a command. There still is too much happening in the industry right now to lock yourself into a 3 yr contract like that.
Go for the 767 contract if you can!
Cheers

Cloud Cutter
12th Sep 2006, 03:04
When you say 'locked in' for 3 years, can they actually do that? The info I got mentioned a lump sum contract completion payment, but nothing about being bonded or locked in. I also decided the package was a bit lacking, but I guess it could be good if you're keen on living in Japan.