PDA

View Full Version : South African Crew

aimz
11th Sep 2006, 14:45
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and not quite new to this job.....hopefully soon though. I've just completed a course called Air Cabin Crew Operations through UK learning in Scotland and I'm about to go back to my home country of South Africa. I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice on choosing the right airways in SA or should I just apply to the ones I can and take it from there? :confused:
Any advice about the job would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
Amy

SuperBoy
11th Sep 2006, 20:03
Hey Aimz,

Congratz on the course.;)

I think back in SA your options are Nationwide, Commair and SAA. Your best bet will probably be either Nationwide or Commair.

To be honest I can't even remember the last time SAA recruited for crew. They don't have an address you can send your CV to but from what I gather when they need crew they will advertise in the Sunday times.

Nationwide do mostly domestic, there is one long haul route, LGW but I have no idea how long the stopover is.

Commair is a BA affiliate but they only do SA domestics.

If you want more info just pm me, be happy to help.

Good Luck!!!
:ok::ok::ok:

aimz
11th Sep 2006, 20:07
Hi Superboy!
Thanks for the advice. I've already applied with Comair in Jo'burg but not really keen to move from Cape Town. I guess I have to take what comes my way. Are you South African by the way?

BMED LHR
13th Sep 2006, 00:18
Hello ,
You need to check the South African (Sunday Times ), And there is always SAA vacancies on there , For Cabin Crew.

I wish you all the best .If you go onto the SAA website there is NO Vacancies , But you must checK The South African News Papers . And good luck And I hope you get SAA :)

Viva Suid Afrika :D

C2C2
13th Sep 2006, 16:49
:} Hello, I Had Conversations With Saa Whilst In South Africa Back In March And They Were Doing A Massive Recruitment Drive For Crew In June 2006 - Just Remember They Have A Recruitment Policy Of Taking On 80% Non White People And The Balance Of 20% Being White Staff - And Yes They Only Advertise In The Sunday Times And Not On Their Website. However Nationwide Now Have Two Long Haul Routes - Lgw And Frankfurt With A Couple Of Days Stopover However The Salaries For Both Airlines Are Not Fantastic At All With The Latter Mentioned Being Worse Paid.... And Also These Airlines Dont Comply With Jarops Policies, You Can Be Fleeted On As Many A/c As They Operate And Not The Standard 3 As Here In The Uk,,, Good Luck