PDA

View Full Version : Dubai no-no's

zed3
11th Sep 2006, 14:20
Mrs zed is off to Australia next month to visit son and family . She is flying Emirates , Dusseldorf-Dubai-Melbourne . The stop-over is five hours but she has the Business lounge for that . My question is - IF there is a delay and she has to go landside for a hotel or any other reason , ie. through Customs , what are the no-no medicines there ? I have read stories about arrests for the most simple western medicines - sleeping tabs , etc . Just to be sure , what should she NOT pack in either hand or checked luggage ? Can anyone advise ?
I presume transit is no problem , even though there is a security check upon arrival into the Transit area .

Al Fakhem
12th Sep 2006, 11:30
Here, much depends on who you are - not what you do.

If you are a Pakistani labourer bringing in a little bit of what you would normally put into your pipe in your native Waziristan, you get to go to jail. If you are female and British, you get into trouble for bringing in your prescription medicine.

But if you happen to be a "role model" for the American black community (not my words, but those of the politician who got himself involved in the Dallas Austin case) and on your way to Naomi Campbell's birthday bash, even carrying cocaine will not inconvenience you too much (you do not even get thrown in a proper cell but are kept at an ultra-modern reception centre) and you will be pardoned instantly.:ok: