PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice - Guinea light twin operation

patson
11th Sep 2006, 13:58
Hello gentlemen,

I'm new on this forum. I will soon ferry and operate as corporate pilot a light twin piston engine in Guinnea.
So I'm looking for advises and informations about charts and navigation documents which would be usefull in this part of africa.
What kind of tripkit or airways manuals (jeppessen) should I used?
Is there others publications?

thanks for your help.

Patson :confused:

HSInop
12th Sep 2006, 01:54
I did the same when I first got to Africa and to get "updated" charts are good but most of my navagation was by way of the large NOS charts that cover a large area. A few guys have reduced the size of these to a book by use of pages and then use the GPS to locate their postions via Lat Long. Many of the ground navigation bases have been reduced to hutts after been looting for thier presish metels. You'll find using the GPS is your best bet and before "shooting" an approach do it in VFR and see where it really takes you. Today I personally use a earsable marker to track my posistion in the book and at the end of the day I clean it if the next day. Usually that job goes to my co-pilot. Good luck to ya.
HSInop

B Sousa
12th Sep 2006, 03:35
Lots of guys use what we call ONC (Operational Navigation Charts)charts. Best and Cheapest place to get them is www.sportys.com Im sure they will mail them to you, but get it done before you head to Africa.

patson
12th Sep 2006, 13:54
Thanks for your advises gentlemen.
I Already purchased a serie of ONC for this area, but there's no references about navaid frequencies and locations. I'm quite suprised about that.
I guess the GPS is the best way to navigate.

thanks