PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cadetship

444redirtej
11th Sep 2006, 11:32
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone could give me some advice. I got the contact number from someone who apparently runs apptitude type training. I know it is quite expensive, but I have applied for the qantas cadetship for next year, so if I can better my chances, or even guarantee myself a spot on the program for next year, why not pay several hundred dollars? I have just been given the opportunity to go up to sydney and do their testing, I got the letter yesterday, I'm so excited, but scared at the same time, its great that the first and possibly the hardest part is out of the way.

One other thing, I know a friend of a friend who's brother did the level 2 cadetship (either in Melbourne or Adelaide, I'm not sure) this year, and he and 4 other received letters saying that they were not going to be offered a regional placement. Can anyone verify this for me? It really would be great to do the cadetship, but I wouldnt really want to do it, and then have to go to the bush anyway to fly little planes, i dont think I would enjoy that so much! :bored:

I also heard from that same person that one of the cadets is going to PNG to fly for a small airline, now that would be coooool.

Thanks for your time guys!

ciao

redirtej :D

IORRA
11th Sep 2006, 11:49
It really would be great to do the cadetship, but I wouldnt really want to do it, and then have to go to the bush anyway to fly little planes, i dont think I would enjoy that so much!

Guys this time around can we please recognise this as a wind-up, and not waste our energy on multiple paragraphs of philosophy? :D :ugh:

Same format/theme as every cadet wind-up that ever there was.

As for the 'no CIPP' comment, anyone else heard this one? Surprising if true..

Led Zep
11th Sep 2006, 13:27
The giveaway is the username...444redirtej=jetrider444. :hmm:

Woomera! Clickity-click! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed.gif
Gawd I love that smiley. :}

Icarus53
12th Sep 2006, 08:17
I would have thought you would at least come up with a less obvious handle! And maybe a new gag? Perhaps you need to check your bulbs again, and definitely check the warning thread from Danny!?!:rolleyes: :}

When I hear from you again, you better not be posting as "Jetwanker" or "HappyEnding444".:O

IORRA - in case you were posing a legitimate question, my best friend's sister's girlfriend heard from this guy that knows this kid who once walked the dog of a cadet and apparently most of them are in the holding pattern, waiting for a placement.

Cheers

command
16th Sep 2006, 01:20
What is wrong with flying little planes in the bush, its a great way to get some experience. If you dont get into the cadetship then flying little planes in the bush is probably what you will be doing.

You may also need to consider the possibility of blown light bulbs from time to time.

good luck rider hope you get your happy ending.

bushy
17th Sep 2006, 07:53
444's thinking is far too common, and is one of the major causes for the sad state of GA at the moment, and the reason why free endorsements are now very rare.

drshmoo
17th Sep 2006, 22:45
Dont want to fly little aeroplanes in the bush. Punk shouldnt be let near a Metro let alone a Boeing. Industry placements for cadets are robbing another hard working GA pilots position not once but now twice.:ugh:

Keg
17th Sep 2006, 23:28
Shmoo, perhaps this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229436) will thow some light on the troll.

Capital 'W' anker! :rolleyes: :ugh:

Tidbinbilla
17th Sep 2006, 23:34
Thanks Keg:ok:

** Click **