PDA

View Full Version : What's it called and where to get one

nnc0
10th Sep 2006, 22:18
At some point I think we've all seen those big bus like things that could raise or lower themselves to the door height of the plane and which would be used to shuttle passengers from the airplane stand to the terminal building.

I know they've been used at many airports around the world, even today and I'm considering the purchase of one or more but not have much luck sourcing any for sale or a supplier.

Can anybody tell me

1) What are they called

2) Where can I get one

Thx in advance

BOAC
12th Sep 2006, 08:05
Sorry you have not received a reply. I know they WERE used at Washington Dulles so maybe an email to the manager there might produce an answer?

Captain Airclues
12th Sep 2006, 10:32
They are called 'Mobile Lounges'. They are still used at Washington Dulles. They were also used at Montreal Mirabel, which I believe no longer operates passenger flights, so there might be a few unwanted ones there.

Airclues

nnc0
13th Sep 2006, 04:30
Thank very much Gentlemen. I've been in this business 20 yrs and tried googling the darned things myself lord only knows how many different ways with my limited vocabulary with zilch results. Kind of embarassing I suppose but c'est la vie. Anyways, you steered me in the right direction and I've approached the manufacturer for what I need.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Captain Airclues
13th Sep 2006, 18:22
http://www.virtualtravelog.net/entries/2003/02/the_mobile_lounges_at_dulles_international_airport.html

Dushan
19th Sep 2006, 00:30
CDG used them a few years back. Maybe they still do. I think they called them people movers at Mirabel.