PDA

View Full Version : Thomsonfly, winter season in LGW

jur99llk
10th Sep 2006, 22:04
hi everybody,

I started to work for thomsonfly in the beginning of this year (based in lgw) and as every new entrant my contract expires 31oct.
I´d like to know if the winter season will be busy and if we (new entrants) have chances to be kept on! I´m not expecting to be made permanent, but to be extended would be lovely.
cheers

oldbalboy
11th Sep 2006, 13:22
Spoke to CSBM's at weekend and they say that decisions have been made re poss permanency at LGW and expect letters to go out soon letting temp crew know their future!! so watch the post , historically lgw has always been the best bet for permanancy , i have never known them to extend a temp contract past 31st oct in all the very many years i have been with them , its either perm contract or they lay you off, hope this helps.

jur99llk
11th Sep 2006, 13:39
so, if i have good assesments, not lateness or sickness.... i have chances to be kept on. But i guess it will all depend on how many cabin crew are needed for the winter season. hope it´s gonna be busy!

one last question: you say that it is either permanent contract or lay off. Can it also happen that i´m lay off (let´s say that tfly are happy with me but there are not enought positions available) for the winter but they call me back next year? or once i´ve been lay off i have no chances to come back next summer? In case the answer is "yes", do they let you know about it on this letter?

thanks for your help

*757*boy*
12th Sep 2006, 02:12
If there isn't a position for you in the winter you will receive a letter telling you that once your contract has ended you are being layed off full stop. You then have to wait for a new contract to come through the post with a new start date and you re-join. LGW has the highest turnover of staff and a very busy winter programme so fingers crossed you should be OK - unlike some of us at other bases who get laid off year after year after year after year...........

jur99llk
12th Sep 2006, 11:17
thanks, but my question was also this: Let´s say tfly dont need me for the winter.... but want me for next season.will they inform me about this in this same letter? I mean: will they say to me something like "sorry we dont have a position for you in the winter but we´ll contact you next year to rejoin tfly".
thanks

chicken legs
12th Sep 2006, 20:04
No, if you are not being offered a permanant contract you will recieve a letter this month telling you so. You will then be advised in another letter probably sometime in Nov or Dec letting you know if they want you to come back for a second temporary season next year or not. Hope this makes sense and good luck! As long as you have met all the criteria (i.e assessments) and not upset too many people you should be fine!