PDA

View Full Version : Eurocypria..

great expectations
10th Sep 2006, 15:51
Right,

So who out there knows the deal with Eurocypria?

Are they any good to work for?
How and when can I get in? And who would I need to talk to?

Im qualified on type. :D

Coppi
10th Sep 2006, 18:22
This company is 100% owned by Cyprus Airways, which is in serious financial difficulties. I wouldn't think that they needed pilots right now, but of course I could be wrong.:confused:

great expectations
10th Sep 2006, 19:00
Um, Yeah I know who owns the company..
I think ull find that Eurocyp is the profitable branch tho and that they do make money. They did recruit this time last year onto their 737 fleet and there may be plans to take more on.:=

iqit
10th Sep 2006, 21:19
actually eurocypria is now owned by the goverment and not in cy air group anymore.
i do not work for them ,but ....
pilots/cabin crew are nice people to work with ,good salaries ,good working conditions.
long flights ,but lots of rest time .
things could change ,but as it is right now ,a good company to work with.
as i said before ,i do not work for eurocypria ,so dont ask me about any more info cause.......... i simply do not know!

Mister Geezer
13th Sep 2006, 17:42
great expectations

However you yourself will be in a more profitable position if you stay with the company you are with, bid for long haul and commute from LCA! You get to keep your salary and commute from Cyprus as well!

CAT3A
13th Sep 2006, 21:14
Eurocypria just finishing now the recruitment of this years first officers

for direct entry captains they only offering 6 months contracts

great expectations
14th Sep 2006, 15:31
Mister Geezer..

I really need to change my nickname everyone seems to know me :eek:

I agree, my own position at the moment is highly prestigious..
However one must always have a contingency plan..
My contact with trainers at Cyprus Airways over the years has always been hugely positive, they are very professional and it isnt in any way an inferior company. It just needs to be a bit more profitable, as does my own!! Eurocyp is an interesting prospect. Nice new planes, small company, nice base, drive to work on a scooter.... :D I like to dream. xx

Shaman
2nd Nov 2010, 07:51
Rumour has it that ECA is about to be taken over by Cyprus Airways!

YYZ_Instructor
2nd Nov 2010, 16:31
Not rumour. It is merging into Cyprus Airlines...oh and you need someone to get you in for sure! Cyprus = ex Olympic, so definately won't last....
Good luck though! :rolleyes:

slowjet
8th Nov 2010, 07:27
Roll over & go back to sleep. Dreaming is much better for you. In the real world, the company just announced that it is to cease operations as of 13 November. Staff are currently on strike ( like that's going to help). All hoping for a merger with CA.

Back to sleep. ZZZZZZ